Lees instead of Iorfa

Just now, Owlinmad said:

Iorfa was a 10 million pound plus centre half and Lees was done, according to some fans recently.

Just shows you that many football fans know nothing about playing the game in real life.

Most players go through sticky patches, its the managers job to judge whos best for the moment and where the best excell i guess.

Got lucky with the bounce at the end last night although overall we deserved the laboured win.

Charlton are a poor team and got their tactics wrong by Taylor going up against Borner who was too strong in the air for him he should have moved onto Lees. The chance Taylor hit the bar with was a result of Lees hanging back, both Borner and Fox had pushed up and left him offside but Lees sat in and did not call them back. The poor Charlton midfield enabled Lee to block of or frustrate their attempts through the middle and for him to get box to box. Bannan did what he normally does, no participation in tackling  their midfield nor indeed tracking back, he just used his energies when he got the ball.

We were fortunate that Murphy had a good game and Forestieri was lively allowing us to push further up and indeed got more numbers in the box.

Iorfa for me every time and coached correctly with the addition of pace is the better short term and long term.

Not confident the same side has the beating of a mediocre Derby but hopeful none the less.

Defending is mostly about not making mistakes.

Iorfa has more mistakes in him than Lees. Lees knows his limitations and more often than not plays within them.

Of course in the games where Iorfa doesn’t make mistakes his pace and recovery tackling are outstanding.

The City game could be an interesting call. Iorfa is poor in the air but that probably wouldn’t matter against City. His pace would be a great asset as they have pace and runners all over the place.

8 minutes ago, should know better said:

Got lucky with the bounce at the end last night although overall we deserved the laboured win.

Charlton are a poor team and got their tactics wrong by Taylor going up against Borner who was too strong in the air for him he should have moved onto Lees. The chance Taylor hit the bar with was a result of Lees hanging back, both Borner and Fox had pushed up and left him offside but Lees sat in and did not call them back. The poor Charlton midfield enabled Lee to block of or frustrate their attempts through the middle and for him to get box to box. Bannan did what he normally does, no participation in tackling  their midfield nor indeed tracking back, he just used his energies when he got the ball.

We were fortunate that Murphy had a good game and Forestieri was lively allowing us to push further up and indeed got more numbers in the box.

Iorfa for me every time and coached correctly with the addition of pace is the better short term and long term.

Not confident the same side has the beating of a mediocre Derby but hopeful none the less.

Cheer up, it's Friday and payday tomorrow

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Defending is mostly about not making mistakes.

Iorfa has more mistakes in him than Lees. Lees knows his limitations and more often than not plays within them.

Of course in the games where Iorfa doesn’t make mistakes his pace and recovery tackling are outstanding.

The City game could be an interesting call. Iorfa is poor in the air but that probably wouldn’t matter against City. His pace would be a great asset as they have pace and runners all over the place.

I definitely think we need Iorfa's pace against City.

I’ve said all season. Iorfa and Borner each have qualities that Lees doesn’t possess, but he is the best all round CB of the three.

Ive never seen in Borner what many of you see in him. His passing is massively overrated, he is slow and he lacks positional awareness.

Iorfa isn’t perfect but his pace and his ability to drive forward makes him the best partner of Lees, who will be the best partner to help Dom learn the role which is still quite new to him.

45 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

I always find it strange that people post statements like this prior to a game, 

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I don’t agree.

I like posters putting their koch on the block before the game. 

I think it is natural to express your opinion on a team selection at the time it is made.

Anyone can form an opinion on the merits or otherwise of a team selection after the game has been played.

Just unlucky if Tom Lees makes one look like an arse.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

So far this season OT posters have written off FF, Lee and Lees!!! All should have been shot with poo and carted out of town, whilst been stoned to death for crimes against SWFC...funny how all 3 of them could have been MOTM last night.

form is temporary, class is permanent!!! 

And those good performances of course could be down to form not class.

lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Iorfas been a car crash,he reminds me of Reda Johnson at CB,your hearts in ya mouth everytime he makes a challenge,its just not his postion,hes a ball watcher,hes not an instinctive CB,he cant read the play,when he does its way too late

His pace does get him out of trouble alot.