Arbitration

Guest Grandad

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

The fact that he does keep putting his money in, would suggest that he has money,the fact he doesn't or hasn't spent any of note on high purchase players,would perhaps and this may just be me, have something to do with him now realising throwing money around willy nilly on players isn't the answer.

And his answer is to bring Da Cruz in on loan from Serie B until the end of the season?

:Chansiri:

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

And his answer is to bring Da Cruz in on loan from Serie B until the end of the season?

Loan player at a lower cost of "transfer fee" and then wages, same for Wickham and Windass. 

Surely even you can see that even bringing in loan players would mean he has the finances, wouldn't it? 

8 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Why redevelop upon promotion if we have money? Isn’t that when we’d need the full capacity? Right now we could easily get the crowd into 3 stands.

If we’re waiting for promotion, it’ll never get developed

Easy when its not your money to spend.  You were using lack of development as a reason to conclude we are broke.  Maybe DC does not want to spend it yet.  Not ideal but Hillsborough is adequate at the moment, despite SAG reservations. If we were to get promoted some development and improvements wold be mandatory and he would have to spend.  Just don,t think it supports any argument that he ( or the Club) is broke,

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Loan player at a lower cost of "transfer fee" and then wages, same for Wickham and Windass. 

Surely even you can see that even bringing in loan players would mean he has the finances, wouldn't it? 

I’d have said appointing a manager straight after Bruce left and doing some proper recruitment in the summer would have indicated he had the finances

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

It's a laugh in the face to all then resident OT drama queens and their exaggerated claims for dramatic effect :)

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Welcome back to owlstalk

You've been quiet. Was getting worried

How's Att?

Oh my god, just kiss already 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

I’d have said appointing a manager straight after Bruce left and doing some proper recruitment in the summer would have indicated he had the finances

Don't believe not bringing a manager in straight away after Bruce took his dog a walk up the A1 to Newcastle was anything to do with finances? Player recruitment?  Sure the current P&S situation had more affect on how we traded in the summer the DC or Club finances.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

11 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

He should have bought the Stadium for £30m and training ground for £30m. 

Our club should really do more training and scouting wise within the area. 

Apart from Goal keepers we have very few players which have come through the football club in the last 20 years.

Football / Wednesday seem to have forgotten that concept of scouting and development, with the aim of bringing players through into the first team. 

Middlesbrough, for all you can say about them have had many local players come through there training academy into their first team in the same period of time. 

What happened to that plan Milan came up with?

We don't own the training ground, it's leased. 

EFL might smell a rat if we say we've flogged it for £30M

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Just like that, whether you think he took too long to appoint a manager, whether you think all and sundry turned us down and we then appointed Monk as a last resort on next to nowt salary, would mean he had finances, and if memory serves when Iorfa, Borner and Odubajo signed in the summer the "Recruitment" was praised for being proper, now Bruce got the credit for finding or bringing  them to the club,somehow showing the "club" doing it at last the right way. 

15 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Da Cruz is a good bit of business. We get to have a close look at a potentially good player with the prospect of signing him if we think he will settle in the English game. If he doesn't we wave him good bye. Low risk, low cost. Potentially good upside.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Not sure about that, players bought are often paid for in instalments, and depreciate in costs over the term of their contract, buy a car on credit over a 3 year period, lets say you sell said car after 18 months, whatever you have left to pay on the car has to come from that sale, suppose you sell the car for less than what you owe, you have to find that extra cash, which in a FFP situation would mean putting more money in when your not allowed.

My point is more. Had we needed or Chansiri wanted the money players would have gone. He wouldn't have held out for a price to try and balance FFP out  He would have took what was on offer.

• Like 1

Define skint. DC is loaded and probably could put loads of money in to the club. If the EFL won't let him it doesn't matter how rich he is the club is effectively broke.

Once we have our losses under control DC will be able to spend again to some extent but we've seen that isn't the answer, we need to buy well and sell well rather than splash the cash.

10 minutes ago, prowl said:

Define skint. DC is loaded and probably could put loads of money in to the club. If the EFL won't let him it doesn't matter how rich he is the club is effectively broke.

Once we have our losses under control DC will be able to spend again to some extent but we've seen that isn't the answer, we need to buy well and sell well rather than splash the cash.

All this DC bashing is getting tiresome. Not sure what the alternative is, he is one chairman who has backed us. 

It is his club to run and will learn from all this and p and s stuff, we were close to the PL and gamble didn't pay off this time. 

We don't have an option other to trust him and back the club.

In previous years I think some of our other chairman would have just rolled over to the EFL and just accepted things. Think DC is showing he will stand up for what he believes.

24 minutes ago, prowl said:

Da Cruz is a good bit of business. We get to have a close look at a potentially good player with the prospect of signing him if we think he will settle in the English game. If he doesn't we wave him good bye. Low risk, low cost. Potentially good upside.

Looks well short of the standard to me but let’s hope you’re right. He doesn’t look an improvement on what we already had, we’ve actually got worse since he’s come into the team.

And to be fair to the lad the championship is quite a big step up from the Dutch and Italian second divisions where he’s played most of his career

41 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Easy when its not your money to spend.  You were using lack of development as a reason to conclude we are broke.  Maybe DC does not want to spend it yet.  Not ideal but Hillsborough is adequate at the moment, despite SAG reservations. If we were to get promoted some development and improvements wold be mandatory and he would have to spend.  Just don,t think it supports any argument that he ( or the Club) is broke,

it's staggering the number of football fans that do not understand finance.

4 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

All this DC bashing is getting tiresome. Not sure what the alternative is, he is one chairman who has backed us. 

It is his club to run and will learn from all this and p and s stuff, we were close to the PL and gamble didn't pay off this time. 

We don't have an option other to trust him and back the club.

In previous years I think some of our other chairman would have just rolled over to the EFL and just accepted things. Think DC is showing he will stand up for what he believes.

I'm not Dc bashing. Far from it. From what I've written you would have to stretch things pretty far to see any criticism of DC.

I said DC is loaded but the reality is the EFL won't let him spend on the club. That is the reality so effectively we might as well be broke. Until we get under the loss limits we can't really buy our way to promotion and even then we won't be able to buy our way to promotion so the only answer is to buy up and coming players on the cheap and sell them at the right time.

Guest LondonOwl313
26 minutes ago, prowl said:

Not sure he’s that loaded.. realistically he’ll have a figure in mind on how much to put in.. wouldn’t be surprised if he expected to spend £100m or so and have got the premier league money by now. 

He’s not going to want to keep losing £20m a year on us.. he’s not a billionaire and he’d be foolish to risk a huge chunk of his net worth on a football club. You only have to get rich once

5 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Looks well short of the standard to me but let’s hope you’re right. He doesn’t look an improvement on what we already had, we’ve actually got worse since he’s come into the team.

And to be fair to the lad the championship is quite a big step up from the Dutch and Italian second divisions where he’s played most of his career

He's got talent but as you say it will take him time to adjust to our type of football. We also need to find out how best to use him. He looks like a potentially good second striker, he's wasted out wide. Murphy is better.

54 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

The fact that he does keep putting his money in, would suggest that he has money,the fact he doesn't or hasn't spent any of note on high purchase players,would perhaps and this may just be me, have something to do with him now realising throwing money around willy nilly on players isn't the answer.

Recent recruitment has been far more prudent, no problem with that, just a shame that it’s been forced on us to a degree by FFP restrictions.  As things stand he has to keep put his (or his family’s) money in to keep us afloat.  His willingness to continue doing that is something of a concern for me - I acknowledge that others don’t share that concern, so I guess time will tell.

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Not sure he’s that loaded.. realistically he’ll have a figure in mind on how much to put in.. wouldn’t be surprised if he expected to spend £100m or so and have got the premier league money by now. 

He’s not going to want to keep losing £20m a year on us.. he’s not a billionaire and he’d be foolish to risk a huge chunk of his net worth on a football club. You only have to get rich once

None of us know. Rich people think differently about money to the rest of us. I can't imagine the type of wealth some people have. The only time we will know the limit on how much DC is prepared to spend will be when he sells us.