Arbitration

Guest Grandad

8 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

I never really get jokes like these.

Whatever the actual figures are the fact is we’ve wasted millions we didn’t have in transfer fees and wages and it’s left the club screwed financially

If you don't "get" these kind of jokes there is little hope.  You have to be mad to remain sane.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Can you explain to me then why we haven’t signed a player for over £1 million since 2017 and haven’t spent anything on the ground?

No, No, you said and perhaps I should have quoted better "we've wasted millions on transfers and wages we didn't have". 

You're not confusing being in breach of FFP/P&S as equating to being broke are ya? 

25 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It's a laugh in the face to all then resident OT drama queens and their exaggerated claims for dramatic effect :)

Welcome back to owlstalk

You've been quiet. Was getting worried

How's Att?

10 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

No, No, you said and perhaps I should have quoted better "we've wasted millions on transfers and wages we didn't have". 

You're not confusing being in breach of FFP/P&S as equating to being broke are ya? 

So you’re happy that his 5 year plan was to go for broke in years 1 and 2 and then spend virtually nothing in the transfer market for the next 3 years?

And money spent on the ground is exempt from FFP. If we’re loaded like you say, why hasn’t any money gone in to redeveloping Hillsborough?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

So you’re happy that his 5 year plan was to go for broke in years 1 and 2 and then spend virtually nothing in the transfer market for the next 3 years?

And money spent on the ground is exempt from FFP. If we’re loaded like you say, why hasn’t any money gone in to redeveloping Hillsborough?

That's quite a tangent you've taken there, twice, I'm not saying Chansiri is loaded,I'm wanting poster's like your good self and others to explain the thinking that He/swfc is broke/skint, when Being in breach of financial regs doesn't mean that. 

5 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

That's quite a tangent you've taken there, twice, I'm not saying Chansiri is loaded,I'm wanting poster's like your good self and others to explain the thinking that He/swfc is broke/skint, when Being in breach of financial regs doesn't mean that. 

Surly by any reasonable measure SWFC is skint?  Chansiri (or wider family) must have money otherwise players wouldn’t get paid every week, but how long do we expect this to last?  Also, Pat’s point re lack of spending on ground (or training facilities) seems relevant and suggests Chansiri is now unwilling to spend more than is necessary to keep club afloat.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

The fact we currently only have 7 or 8 outfield players contracted to the club for next season doesn’t suggest we’re a club stacked with cash does it

• Haha 1

If we were proper skint we would have sold players for whatever was offered.   Then fact we had enquires and probably offers we turned down suggests that is is more to do with the FFP side of things and looking for value in players rather than a we need money to survive take what we can get approach.

15 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If we were proper skint we would have sold players for whatever was offered.   Then fact we had enquires and probably offers we turned down suggests that is is more to do with the FFP side of things and looking for value in players rather than a we need money to survive take what we can get approach.

Not sure about that, players bought are often paid for in instalments, and depreciate in costs over the term of their contract, buy a car on credit over a 3 year period, lets say you sell said car after 18 months, whatever you have left to pay on the car has to come from that sale, suppose you sell the car for less than what you owe, you have to find that extra cash, which in a FFP situation would mean putting more money in when your not allowed.

Edited by daleblue

38 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

He spent what he needed to when first arrived, granted some cosmetic, some insisted upon by SAG.  Sure he said there are development plans, but these would take place upon gaining promotion, granted that may take a while.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

7 minutes ago, Striggy said:

He spent what he needed to when first arrived, granted some cosmetic, some insisted upon by SAG.  Sure he said there are development plans, but these would take place upon gaining promotion, granted that may take a while.

Why redevelop upon promotion if we have money? Isn’t that when we’d need the full capacity? Right now we could easily get the crowd into 3 stands.

If we’re waiting for promotion, it’ll never get developed

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Surly by any reasonable measure SWFC is skint?  Chansiri (or wider family) must have money otherwise players wouldn’t get paid every week, but how long do we expect this to last?  Also, Pat’s point re lack of spending on ground (or training facilities) seems relevant and suggests Chansiri is now unwilling to spend more than is necessary to keep club afloat.

The fact that he does keep putting his money in, would suggest that he has money,the fact he doesn't or hasn't spent any of note on high purchase players,would perhaps and this may just be me, have something to do with him now realising throwing money around willy nilly on players isn't the answer.