Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Maybe,  Leko is more of a winger than out and out striker like Kachunga though 

I wouldn’t be totally against Kachunga, I think he would complement the squad and if he can rediscover the form he had when he first turned up at Huddersfield he can be a goal scorer at this level 

I think Monk likes to play a winger/second-striker off a centre-forward. Che Adams started his career outwide. Da Cruz was a failed experiment of that type. 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

My issue is we probably knew 18 months ago it was a real possibility Fletcher, Winnall, Nuhiu, Forestieri would walk away at the end of their contracts. 

That's right Sally; But then as now we are waiting on list of surplus to requirement Premiership youngsters and this is very much dependent on Premiership clubs own recruitment. Unsatisfactory I know but outside the Premiership we are the Pleb clubs waiting for the crumbs to begin falling off the table.   

3 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

That's an horrible side.

Dunkley won't be fit for ages, Moses has already been told he can leave (last season). Bannan and Luongo can't tackle, there is no way we will play three up top, Rhodes can't hold the ball up, Windass and Brown would just get in each others way, there are are no goals in the side. Apart from that it looks great.

Monk should stick posts like that up on the dressing room wall to motivate them before a game 

No clue what your watching when Luongo plays but can’t say I’ve ever thought ‘he can’t tackle’   We’ve got cover at centre half until Dunkley is fit and Windass and Brown getting in each others way is just a bizarre comment ... one can play as striker while the other is a no 10 

5 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Kachunga isn't an out and out striker,  he played left side in a 3 behind Wells un hudds promotion season. I'd say him and Leko are similar in the way Monk would want to utilise them. 

fair play 

10 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

As far as I’m concerned the fans aren’t now spoilt entitled brats; more there’s a huge sense of frustration as to the situation our owner has stuck us in through utter incompetence.Had the club been run properly there would be the usual pre season excitement and dreams of what could be. Instead staying up looks an incredibly tough feat and our squad is the weakest it’s been in years.

We’ve lost Our better players and have replaced them with limited numbers, limited ability and experience. Our squad looks painfully weak, even without a points deduction. But we can’t attract decent players as whose going to want to join a club on minus points and who can only offer limited wages due to the FFP stranglehold the owner has put us in. We’re probably the least attractive proposition in the league right now.

im aghast at the situation we find ourselves in. It’s the first time in 20 years I hadn’t renewed my ST and the damage this owner has caused has completely ripped apart that connection I had with the club.

Great post that really sums up our sorry situation.

20 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Can’t see there been anything in Kachunga 

Stupid leaving until now if there is , Could’ve had him weeks ago doesn’t seem like he’s had loads of interest 

He’s joining. Knows Hughes from his time at Huddersfield. He might have been second choice after Leko fell through. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Monk should stick posts like that up on the dressing room wall to motivate them before a game 

No clue what your watching when Luongo plays but can’t say I’ve ever thought ‘he can’t tackle’   We’ve got cover at centre half until Dunkley is fit and Windass and Brown getting in each others way is just a bizarre comment ... one can play as striker while the other is a no 10 

How many times over the years have we tried Bannan in a Midfield 2, it doesn't work. He has to play in a 3, in front of a ball winner, Luongo is not that man, especially in a 2. If Windass plays games, it will be because we can't sign a striker, or because Brown is injured.

I hope he does stick it up in the Dressing Room before games, because whatever he was using before, clearly wasn't working.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Better than what we have, so welcome aboard. 

Can't help thinking we're now well down the bottom of our list of preferred players though

Yes I agree. I think if they where high on the list they would have been signed before now. Neither him or Windass are the out and out strikers we need. 

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

I was told Borja Baston and Kachunga the other day mate.

Hope Baston doesn’t follow though. Presuming Windass is signed and now Kachunga is confirmed, I hope we sign a goal scorer. Don’t think Baston is that.

Your source sounds very reliable anyway. Agree about Baston, we need a goal scorer. He isn’t one.