Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

That may be the case, some further down the pyramid probably will go out of business. In terms of need, where would you place us compared to the promoted sides? I would think we are one of those sides that are in most need of recruitment, and for once we are in a position where we don’t need to move players out first. We just need to pull our finger out

We are desperate to add to the squad but Where's the money coming from and who wants to come to a team starting at - 12? 

I listened to Garry Monk on Saturday and thought he was lowering expectations 

Edited by akbuk

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Yes I agree. I think if they where high on the list they would have been signed before now. Neither him or Windass are the out and out strikers we need. 

I agree, continue to be baffled by the players we acquire, suited to a formation (3 up front) which we dont play  

16 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Blunts got promoted with these sort of signings give em chance

Exactly right, we’re at least assembling hard working players with a physical edge and some pace. It could be a lot worse and there will be more signings to come 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Exactly right, we’re at least assembling hard working players with a physical edge and some pace. It could be a lot worse and there will be more signings to come 

It could be a lot worse, there will be more signings like this to come Fixed it for you

55 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

As far as I’m concerned the fans aren’t now spoilt entitled brats; more there’s a huge sense of frustration as to the situation our owner has stuck us in through utter incompetence.Had the club been run properly there would be the usual pre season excitement and dreams of what could be. Instead staying up looks an incredibly tough feat and our squad is the weakest it’s been in years.

We’ve lost Our better players and have replaced them with limited numbers, limited ability and experience. Our squad looks painfully weak, even without a points deduction. But we can’t attract decent players as whose going to want to join a club on minus points and who can only offer limited wages due to the FFP stranglehold the owner has put us in. We’re probably the least attractive proposition in the league right now.

im aghast at the situation we find ourselves in. It’s the first time in 20 years I hadn’t renewed my ST and the damage this owner has caused has completely ripped apart that connection I had with the club.

Bye Then !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not particularly excited by the Kachunga signing, but it's another signing, with Championship and Premiership experience, that will have barely bitten into the budget.

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, we've now signed Dunkley, Fisayo, Brown, Kachunga and presumably Windass shortly, for an outlay of around £600k, and they'll be on wages significantly less than those who have recently departed. 

Of course, carry on with those type of signings, and you risk going backwards, as the quality you're replacing doesn't match up. But, in a way, Wednesday are in the fortunate position, with the exception of Fletcher and Fox, none of those who have departed particularly contributed a great deal over the past 18 months. 

But, given we've padded out the squad with solid, yet unspectacular signings...it's imperative we finish off our transfer dealings with some real quality...which undoubtedly costs more money. Maybe those type of signings are been made unavailable at present, as Premier League clubs mould their squads and await signings themselves. 

I've no issue with Kachunga and Windass as options in our forward line...but they need supplementing with some real quality...whether it be a permanent signing that costs a few million quid, or a genuinely top class loan signing (equally, which'll cost a fair whack). The time for scrimping and scrounging has now passed, time to bring in that quality to lift us to the next level.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, frastheowl said:

Not particularly excited by the Kachunga signing, but it's another signing, with Championship and Premiership experience, that will have barely bitten into the budget.

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, we've now signed Dunkley, Fisayo, Brown, Kachunga and presumably Windass shortly, for an outlay of around £600k, and they'll be on wages significantly less than those who have recently departed. 

Of course, carry on with those type of signings, and you risk going backwards, as the quality you're replacing doesn't match up. But, in a way, Wednesday are in the fortunate position, with the exception of Fletcher and Fox, none of those who have departed particularly contributed a great deal over the past 18 months. 

But, given we've padded out the squad with solid, yet unspectacular signings...it's imperative we finish off our transfer dealings with some real quality...which undoubtedly costs more money. Maybe those type of signings are been made unavailable at present, as Premier League clubs mould their squads and await signings themselves. 

I've no issue with Kachunga and Windass as options in our forward line...but they need supplementing with some real quality...whether it be a permanent signing that costs a few million quid, or a genuinely top class loan signing (equally, which'll cost a fair whack). The time for scrimping and scrounging has now passed, time to bring in that quality to lift us to the next level.

That’s the key, those signings might make more sense when they are supplemented with some real quality At the moment, along with Rhodes, it looks like we are forming a league  one attack

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s the key, those signings might make more sense when they are supplemented with some real quality At the moment, along with Rhodes, it looks like we are forming a league  one attack

Have any of the players we have in our forward line ever played in League One?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Have any of the players we have in our forward line ever played in League One?

Think Rhodes did at Hudds, but I get your point. And I’m sure we will be signing more forward players to go with Kachunga and Windass and Rhodes