Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 hour ago, malek said:

Still need someone who can pass ball infront of our back four or we will again strugle to create and Bannan will drop back. 

Bannan always drops back. Gets the defender to pass the ball to him, then gives it back to the defender and turns and jogs upfield. It drives me up the wall because it slows us down and lets their defence get back in position.

If he got the ball turned with it to see if there's anything on that would be ok but he never turns around. If our coaches do one good thing I hope it's stopping him doing it.

What would people's opinions be on us loaning somebody like Gayle from Newcastle obviously we are in need of somebody who scores goals and he does that , we all know he won't play at Newcastle and somebody in our division will probably have a punt on him 

2 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

What would people's opinions be on us loaning somebody like Gayle from Newcastle obviously we are in need of somebody who scores goals and he does that , we all know he won't play at Newcastle and somebody in our division will probably have a punt on him 

I dont think we could afford half his wages, a non starter. 

3 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Out of reach for us. No chance. 

3 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

There’s talk of him going to Bournemouth in a deal for Wilson

14 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

He’s apparently turned down Bournemouth as he thinks he still has a future at Newcastle 

Just been on Talksport when they were talking to the south coast correspondent. Matt Ritchie back to Bournemouth has more of a chance 

1 hour ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

8 assists and 4th in championship for key passes, 2nd in championship for big chances created in the championship while playing deep last season......IMO Bannan playing deeper and brown playing more forward will create a lot a lot of chances 

7 of which came in the first half of the season where he often found himself further up the pitch.

He dropped deeper as the season progressed. Factor in our pathetic defensive performance and, Barry Bannan should not be in a deep role. He’s by far more affective in an advanced position and, doesn’t offer enough defensively to play deep. 

Edited by 0wl18
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

7 of which came in the first half of the season where he often found himself further up the pitch.

He dropped deeper as the season progressed. Factor in our pathetic defensive performance and, Barry Bannan should not be in a deep role. He’s by far more affective in an advanced position and, doesn’t offer enough defensively to play deep. 

As I believe you wanted to say, when we strugle Bannan drops deep.

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If Bannan played for any other team in the Championship

Our supporters would be drooling over him

I agree, no other club in the Championship would have in a deep role. 

During Carlos’ first season, Bannan was incredible....playing in the oppositions half, not up Tom Lees arse at centre back.

• Like 2

Just now, 0wl18 said:

During Carlos’ first season, Bannan was incredible....playing in the oppositions half, not up Tom Lees arse at centre back.

Bannan also played the majority of that season at left mid.

Agreed though. He's deffo not a sit in front of the back line player, proven that time and again, far better further up the pitch. 

4 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Am I right in thinking he wasn’t actually playing in central midfield though. Wasn’t he more of a left winger but played inside?

1 minute ago, sheffwed1 said:

Am I right in thinking he wasn’t actually playing in central midfield though. Wasn’t he more of a left winger but played inside?

Exactly that, yes. Bear in mind we were set up as a counter attacking team, he was far more effective with attacking responsibilities.

Still some players I'd look for on the free market with Championship experience, they could well be waiting to see what the best offer they get is though. 

GK - Darlow, Archer

LB - Obita

Winger - Ameobi, Jacobs, Green

ST - Dicko, Martin, Gestede

The pool is shrinking though. Will probably have to fork out some sort of money to fill some gaps.