Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

4 minutes ago, swinners said:

I still think that we will go for Jutkiewicz.  Thought it since last year.  Monk loves him and I think I remember reading that he loves Monk.  I reckon he's the 'big lump up front and I also think he's a.massive upgrade on big dave. 

Do you think Birmingham would let him go though? Played every game for them over the last 2 seasons and scored 14 and 15 goals. Personally think he would be a great signing for us. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Juke would cost a few bob given his form the last couple of seasons. Doubt we'll be spending the kind of money it'd take to get him. Still feel Chris Martin more viable.

There won’t be many options available for free, in this country, so he must be a consideration. I’m still hopeful that we can unearth someone from overseas, perhaps somebody who offers a bit more mobility Wouldn’t be too disappointed though, if we turned to Martin Definitely a bit more receptive to that type of player since the signing of Izzy Brown. You don’t sign a player like him, then decide to hoof it to the big man. Martin can hold it up, but is capable of linking play, and should have the experience and know how to sniff out opportunities Can also bully defenders, when required

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

You really are e bit fůčking boring with this. 

True but you really are an idiot if you don’t think so.

11 minutes ago, swinners said:

I still think that we will go for Jutkiewicz.  Thought it since last year.  Monk loves him and I think I remember reading that he loves Monk.  I reckon he's the 'big lump up front and I also think he's a.massive upgrade on big dave. 

He'd be ideal but probably too expensive, considering P&S and the multiple players we need to bring in. We seem to be doing it more smartly with out of contract players and loanees. Perhaps we're being sensible because we have reserved funds for a Fletcher replacement and/or a midfield beast? 

12 hours ago, westy365owl said:

What would people's opinions be on us loaning somebody like Gayle from Newcastle obviously we are in need of somebody who scores goals and he does that , we all know he won't play at Newcastle and somebody in our division will probably have a punt on him 

Don't think we have money but grabban might be allowed to leave forest

Is Martin out of contract?

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Do you think Birmingham would let him go though? Played every game for them over the last 2 seasons and scored 14 and 15 goals. Personally think he would be a great signing for us. 

Not sure to be honest.  Thought I'd read that he was only used sparingly there until Monk played him every game and turned his fortunes , hence the admiration he has for Monk.  Also thought he was in the last year of his contract and wanted away.  

45 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Great, thanks for the heads up. Can’t help thinking that if we don’t bring in a proper sitting midfielder, Bannan will just assume the role, but without the defensive capabilities. It’s great if we can have someone dictate play from deep, but primarily, their first job must be to shield the back line 

Whichever system we played last season, without Hutchinson there, we were fragile

How about using Palmer there?  A bit of a wild card but has played in midfield.    

• Like 1

Is there any club in this division who might take Rhodes, in maybe a swap deal, or even a loan swap? I know Ipswich have shown an interest in taking him back there, but we’d end up paying too large a percentage of his wages

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Is there any club in this division who might take Rhodes, in maybe a swap deal, or even a loan swap? I know Ipswich have shown an interest in taking him back there, but we’d end up paying too large a percentage of his wages

His wages are the sticking point and I can't see how that mountain can be climbed, we are stuck with him. 

Why would a potential club pay a large part of his wages when they could go and get someone cheaper with a more recent history of scoring?

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wondered whether Norwich might still be interested, particularly as he only has one year left on his contract, so we might no longer ask for a fee.

They liked him there the season before last, but it feels like that ship might have sailed.

• Like 1