Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 hours ago, malek said:

Still need someone who can pass ball infront of our back four or we will again strugle to create and Bannan will drop back. 

Someone like Whiteman at Donny, has a bit of the Hourihane about him 

Edited by Bluesteel

Imo we need Murphy plus one more winger so have Murphy Harris Reach New.

Need LB / LWB. Got Penney or Reach could play LWB. But reckon need better.

Need new no1. Darlow be mint but no chance.

Need 3 strikers. 4 if Rhodes goes. 
An older experienced head, a quick 26/27 yr old with champ experience n two quick young ens hungry to play. 
please Mr DC

Edited by ozzieowl

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, james o connor said:

If bannan drops back any further he will be in our goal 

He’d probably be better than Wildsmith and Dawson!!

We now have two of the most creative midfielders in the division, but they will be wasted if we try and play them as a two. A sitting midfielder is a must signing now. If the manager has any doubts, look at our form after he left Hutchinson out.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We now have two of the most creative midfielders in the division, but they will be wasted if we try and play them as a two. A sitting midfielder is a must signing now. If the manager has any doubts, look at our form after he left Hutchinson out.

Depends if he sees Luongo as the sitter? I really think there is a player there who could be a shining light this season if he stays fit?

That said I totally agree, the sitting midfielder is just as crucial perhaps even more so than the striker signings but for the life of me I can’t think of anyone who we could go for now apart from Morsy who would be very difficult to acquire given our struggles with Wigan over

Windass?

I still think there is a chance we’ll still offload Rhodes before the end of the window as I’m not convinced **** rates him?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s how I see it. I’m really pleased with the Izzy Brown signing - if we keep him free of injury, he is just what we need in the team. 

There was talk of Newcastle allowing Issac Hayden to go out on loan. That was prior to him getting in the Newcastle side though, and if I remember, both Fulham and West Brom were interested. He would be perfect if available Depends what Newcastle do, recruitment wise. They seem to talk the talk, but never ever do the walk

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

Depends if he sees Luongo as the sitter? I really think there is a player there who could be a shining light this season if he stays fit?

That said I totally agree, the sitting midfielder is just as crucial perhaps even more so than the striker signings but for the life of me I can’t think of anyone who we could go for now apart from Morsy who would be very difficult to acquire given our struggles with Wigan over

Windass?

I still think there is a chance we’ll still offload Rhodes before the end of the window as I’m not convinced **** rates him?

Given his form I can’t imagine anybody rates him.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jim said:

Windass?

Luongo is a bit of an enigma. You look at the talent he has, he can do a bit of everything, but he rarely bosses a game. It was the same at QPR, and the only time he’s imposed himself consistently, was when he was at Swindon. Could a more disciplined role get more out of him? I’m not sure, it’s a role that requires you to be switched on all the time, and I’m not sure he can do that. He may also think, that an out and out defensive midfielder, is a waste of his talents.

Pete O'Rourke @SportsPeteO

1m

Sheffield Wednesday are lining up a loan move for West Brom attacker Jonathan Leko. #swfc #WBA

😬
On 27 December 2019, Charlton confirmed that Leko had suffered an ACL injury in the 11th minute of the 2–2 draw with QPR six days earlier, which ruled him out for the remainder of the season. He returned to West Brom for treatment, having made 21 appearances and scoring 5 times.[20]

Edited by swfcGibbo
more information