Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Just seen that Huddersfield are prepared to let Steve Mounie go out on loan. He’s lost his way recently, but was a promising enough player a year or two ago, and cost The Terriers a £12m fee. I know it would be a case of swapping two out of form strikers, but a swap for Rhodes might be a kick start for both players?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Just seen that Huddersfield are prepared to let Steve Mounie go out on loan. He’s lost his way recently, but was a promising enough player a year or two ago, and cost The Terriers a £12m fee. I know it would be a case of swapping two out of form strikers, but a swap for Rhodes might be a kick start for both players?

Decent idea

My Baggie supporting mate who is a season ticket holder just said the following ref Jonathan Leko........

”He’s just returned to fitness following a bad injury, fast & bright striker but still with a lot to learn, would be a good solution for us (WBA) to bring him back to full fitness, then we (WBA) could have him back again for the 21/22 season when we are back in the championship. Sam Field is a player that you should be looking at - midfielder” 

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Decent idea

I just think we are going to have to come up with something innovative, to sort out the Rhodes situation. Huddersfield are one of the better placed clubs when it comes to meeting his wages, and his return might enthuse their fan base. For our part, we’d get a quick, strong leader of the line, albeit one who’s lost his way

Guest Kagoshimaowl
54 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

It's repepative and boring

In your opinion. I think it’s an important point to keep making. It’s called having an opinion. Don’t like it, don’t read my comments 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

There won’t be many options available for free, in this country, so he must be a consideration. I’m still hopeful that we can unearth someone from overseas, perhaps somebody who offers a bit more mobility Wouldn’t be too disappointed though, if we turned to Martin Definitely a bit more receptive to that type of player since the signing of Izzy Brown. You don’t sign a player like him, then decide to hoof it to the big man. Martin can hold it up, but is capable of linking play, and should have the experience and know how to sniff out opportunities Can also bully defenders, when required

I think he will go back in for Wickham on loan to play that role. I cant see us signing Martin because of his age. I like you agree we should hopefully be looking abroad for someone.

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I have always liked the look of Mounie just as you say seems to have lost his way. And a loan move would be idea as it wouldnt be too costly should he continue to not produce the goals.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I have always liked the look of Mounie just as you say seems to have lost his way. And a loan move would be idea as it wouldnt be too costly should he continue to not produce the goals.

If only we had someone on the coaching staff who would have an insight into his ability and character so be in a great place to say if he would be a good signing

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Source? 

Wolves local rag. We seem to be linked with a fair few defenders? Maybe we’re going to shake up that area? I could see Lees and Van Aken being moved on if possible. I still think we’ll get an offer for Iorfa?