Who's giving it a miss on Saturday?

Guest The Horse

5 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Just a chest infection...but he looked in a mess Thursday night.  Got to keep him eating and antibiotics should work.

Thanks for asking.

Ok mine are grown up now but I still worry about them. You're all in my prayers.

1 hour ago, Nut said:

I've always planned my life around matches = holidays etc as I'm sure a lot of us do and have hardly missed a home game for 20 years until this season. I've got a place at the coast and am missing my 4th match of the season today. Haveny enjoyed the football for a long time and dont really go for that any more but its a combination of things to me. Every time a free kick goes sideways or a throw in goes backwards it makes my blood boil. Hate the modern game but love Wednesday and meeting up with my mates, its just that i can have a better time doing other things sometimes nowadays  I'll still watch on a dodgy stream though.

Very much mirrors myself. Supported the Owls for sixty years and through all that time holidays have been scheduled not to interfere with our matches. Up to last Christmas I had not missed a home league game since before Jack Charlton was manager. I've missed two and a half since (Blackburn was the half), and I will not be going today. Probably won't be going to many more before the end of the season unless there is some drastic alterations on the pitch. Very doubtful that I will be renewing my season ticket for next season.

All so very, very sad, but enough is enough.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, A12owl said:

I'm not even going to ask if there is a live stream.

I've got a delayed family Christmas party tomorrow. Illness problems .

Some might think I'm lucky.

Not going to watch or listen. Will check the result at 5pm to save spoiling the party. 

If we've won then I'll celebrate.

If we've lost then I'll drown my sorrows.

If we draw then I'll have a drink in both hands to keep balanced.

Good luck everybody.

bad news if you aren’t looking for an illegal stream!

Chansiri look what you have done!!

14 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

The club and players deserves no fans there 

Or a mass walkout at 75 minutes 

DC needs to wake up and smell the coffee

Hit him where it hurts 

Season ticket holders not going or walking out early makes little difference, their money is already in the bank. 

14 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Me and 5 other season ticket holders are giving it a miss this Saturday and haven't renewed our season tickets as it stands. Had enough of this poo

Instead will you & your mates be holding hands,  skipping round the pool table whilst singing songs about not watchin Wednesday.

Celebrity BJ's all round.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, nilsson said:

Yeah I paid £30 to sit on the kop against Blackburn and it’s geniunely one of the worst games of football I’ve ever seen.

Even under Yorath, Turner and Irvine I can’t remember seeing us as bad and I’ve never left a game as early as that.

I gave the Millwall game a miss at £33 and  I won’t be paying £33 tomorrow either.

Anyway, for all my moaning I hope we turn it around and the players turn up tomorrow

It was bad against Blackburn but it is still fresh in the memory. I'd argue the Burton game under Bullen was just as clueless against inferior opposition and some of the performances under Turner were mind boggling.

Totally get where you are coming from price wise, if I was paying on the gate I wouldn't fancy stumping up that much for it and that's where the club policy falls down. It's all well and good encouraging season ticket sales when things are going well but when numbers drop off as the league finish and quality declines you have to be able to entice fans back, the pricing leaves us with nowhere to go on that front.

Don't understand season ticket holders not going though. Support is about taking the rough with the smooth or did some buy a season ticket just because we were winning 3 or 4 years ago? No one can argue it's not great to watch at the moment but these threads didn't exist 2 months ago when we were 3rd in the division, seems a bit quick to jump ship.

I don't blame anyone not going today. Its toxic.

But the mood is partly due to Monk saying the players are just going through the motions.

It was a stupid comment mainly to cover his own arsse. How can fans invest in a team that the manager says doesn't care.

How can players - who cant reply - play for a manager who cynically shows them up and isnt specific about who he meant?

Was it Bannan? Lees? Dawson? Palmer? Who knows, everyone is under suspicion.

There was some truth in his words and we all know that anyway, but he can't sack the players and buy a new set.

He fxxked up and he has no influence left.

Its not perfect but the only way to lance the boil this season is to get rid of one bad egg.