Who's giving it a miss on Saturday?

Guest The Horse

11 minutes ago, nilsson said:

It’s a good point and I carried on supporting in previous relegation seasons and when we were league 1. Two of the best years I’ve had watching were 04/05 and 11/12.

Even going during the Sturrock, Laws and Gray years when we were mainly a lower end championship side was better than it is now.

At the minute I’ve just had enough of the ownership and what’s being served up. I’m a POTGer so it’d be £33 to go tomorrow and the lad I normally go with isn’t going

I can understand that and I wouldn't blame anyone for not paying the high prices but its the  i'm not going coz the players are crap I struggle to comprehend …... 

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

It’s been far far worse than this , Ok it’s all gone pear shaped but blimey we have been a lot worse . 

It has mate I agree, I've been going for 60 years apart from a period in the late 90's into the early 2000's when finances meant I could only manage a handful of games a season. Tomorrow will be the first time we've ever said we can't be bothered, it doesn't sit well & it hurts that the club, DC, Monk & the players have got me feeling like this after 60 years.

Hat's off to those that will be there tomorrow & I hope Monk & the players have me saying "Bugger, wish we'd gone now" at 5.00pm tomorrow.

Just now, nilsson said:

Yeah I paid £30 to sit on the kop against Blackburn and it’s geniunely one of the worst games of football I’ve ever seen.

Even under Yorath, Turner and Irvine I can’t remember seeing us as bad and I’ve never left a game as early as that.

I gave the Millwall game a miss at £33 and  I won’t be paying £33 tomorrow either.

Anyway, for all my moaning I hope we turn it around and the players turn up tomorrow

I’m going tomorrow potg , I also left early against Blackburn if it’s anything like that I doubt I will be back this season unless we need a win last game to avoid relegation !!!

17 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Get down and support your club! What else you gonna do... drink tea and watch final score? 

I hope we smash Reading. 

Unlikely to happen, but you never know.

crookes is a bit closer to travel than most places...bet you could get home to see the final score and did during the Blackburn game ;)

22 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

It’s been far far worse than this , Ok it’s all gone pear shaped but blimey we have been a lot worse . 

True

Especially mid seventies

But we were genuinely terrible back then

This is a lot different

This is the players sticking two fingers up at the club and it's supporters

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

It has mate I agree, I've been going for 60 years apart from a period in the late 90's into the early 2000's when finances meant I could only manage a handful of games a season. Tomorrow will be the first time we've ever said we can't be bothered, it doesn't sit well & it hurts that the club, DC, Monk & the players have got me feeling like this after 60 years.

Hat's off to those that will be there tomorrow & I hope Monk & the players have me saying "Bugger, wish we'd gone now" at 5.00pm tomorrow.

I totally understand your pain , it has never felt quite as bad as this , I think it’s the expectation and realisation that’s hurting us so much . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

True

Especially mid seventies

But we were genuinely terrible back then

This is a lot different

This is the players sticking two fingers up at the club and it's supporters

I don’t totally buy that the players aren’t trying , they are low in confidence obviously but I just can’t see any player not trying , whats the point in that ? 

24 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I don't think it's fair to have a dig at supporters, if people don't want to go, they don't want to go...

i'm not having a dig at anyone ..if I was being charged  36 quid I wouldn't go but I wouldn't not go because the team was crap .

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I don’t totally buy that the players aren’t trying , they are low in confidence obviously but I just can’t see any player not trying , whats the point in that ? 

I didn't see much effort against Barnsley

And I saw even less effort against Luton

But in fairness to our players, we were playing two top teams who were on devastating runs of form

• Haha 2

Guest Ferkorf

I've got a ticket for me and my mate thats coming from Bordeaux to his first Wednesday game.

Definitely going to be well chuffed with me wasting 2 hours of his weekend here on that tripe

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

But in fairness to our players, we were playing two top teams who were on devastating runs of form

Well I was there against Blackburn but I still stand by what I said 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

" sheff wed ,sheff wed  we'll support you ever more " …..not everyone it seems . 

Sounds like a dig to me

12 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I can understand that and I wouldn't blame anyone for not paying the high prices but its the  i'm not going coz the players are crap I struggle to comprehend …... 

So you don't comprehend people not wanting to go because we're playing crap

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'm not having a dig at anyone ..if I was being charged  36 quid I wouldn't go but I wouldn't not go because the team was crap .

Now you're contradicting yourself, make your mind up

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well I was there against Blackburn but I still stand by what I said 

I was there against Blackburn too

And I don't remember seeing much effort in that game either

I was there against Blackburn too

And I don't remember seeing much effort in that game either

Haha there was more movement in the stands , no but I just don’t see why a player would bother turning up to then not try , it’s a confidence issue surely , maybe westy and hutch have the right idea ? 

Sounds like a dig to me

So you don't comprehend people not wanting to go because we're playing crap

Now you're contradicting yourself, make your mind up

not really ….I wouldn't go if I couldn't afford it ...I wouldn't not go just coz the team was crap …..

4 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Good football teams require a bit of building.

You can’t just throw a group of players together and a new formation like we did against Barnsley and Luton and expect them to deliver.

Maybe you’re right about the effort aswell but we’ve ended up in a position through DC’s strategy when the majority of the squad is either on loan or out of contract at the end of the season