Who's giving it a miss on Saturday?

Guest The Horse

Honestly can’t wait. Early highlight for me will be ordering a tea, crisps and a Fanta. No milk, top loose that burns me hand? crisps out of date and some herbert with a conviction for sniffing glue telling me I can’t be trusted with a bottle top. 

The afternoon continues to plummet in quality from that point on. 

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, nilsson said:

Good football teams require a bit of building.

You can’t just throw a group of players together and a new formation like we did against Barnsley and Luton and expect them to deliver.

Maybe you’re right about the effort aswell but we’ve ended up in a position through DC’s strategy when the majority of the squad is either on loan or out of contract at the end of the season

I've been told we don't like a performance related wage structure and our players are on good basic wages with lower performance related bonuses.

I'll be honest, I don't know how true it is but it came from a Man Utd fan with reasonable connections so no reason to think it was someone strrring the pot.

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I've been told we don't like a performance related wage structure and our players are on good basic wages with lower performance related bonuses.

I'll be honest, I don't know how true it is but it came from a Man Utd fan with reasonable connections so no reason to think it was someone strrring the pot.

With hindsight the players may well have made a good decision not to base their income on performances. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Spent a night in the childrens hospital...will decide tommorrow cos i'm whacked.

Wouldnt not go cos of the form...Not much else to do in Sheffield on a Saturday afters.

Hope all is well mate, I've spent many a night in there with my boy, often going straight to the match as me and my wife swapped shifts being with our son in SCH. I wouldn't do that at the moment and i don't think the club and players understand what some people go through to make it to the match.

• Thanks 1

I'll be there along with my son and father who is in his 80s. We will go with the hope that we can watch Wednesday turn in a performance that earns a win (It's the hope that kills you). If that doesn't materialise then it will be for the theatre and drama of the crowd reaction to what happens on the pitch. But we will be supporting the players selected to wear the blue and white shirt. They need our support as we don't know what is around the corner.

I've always planned my life around matches = holidays etc as I'm sure a lot of us do and have hardly missed a home game for 20 years until this season. I've got a place at the coast and am missing my 4th match of the season today. Haveny enjoyed the football for a long time and dont really go for that any more but its a combination of things to me. Every time a free kick goes sideways or a throw in goes backwards it makes my blood boil. Hate the modern game but love Wednesday and meeting up with my mates, its just that i can have a better time doing other things sometimes nowadays  I'll still watch on a dodgy stream though.

• Like 1