Team at Luton

47 minutes ago, Dylan93 said:

Truly baffling how fans aren’t picking Harris. He’s direct and been our main threat this season. So much of a threat teams have to DOUBLE UP on him. Surely that gives the likes of Wickham, FF, Bannan and Reach more space to exploit? We’d be bottom 6 without his assists. His pace allows him to make something out of nothing, just got crap around him who can’t give him the ball in the right areas

He’s been awful for the last 3 months

Luton are another side, like Barnsley, that use the midfield diamond. They overload central areas, and have a mobile front two willing to run the channels.

If Monk goes with the same set-up, it'll be a very similar story to yesterday.

Kenilworth Road, like Oakwell, won't be the best surface, and Luton will get into our faces and really proactively look to stop us playing, particularly through Bannan.

I'd imagine, some degree of rotation will happen, with so many players lacking match fitness or just coming back from injuries.. 

I reckon, he'll probably opt for a 4-3-3, given the lack of legs Bannan/Pelupessy provide in a double pivot 4-2-3-1. 

Given that Luongo still seemed unlikely to be fit for Wednesday's game, and I'm hoping Fox is back, I think I'd go with.

------------------Dawson----------------

Palmer----Iorfa--------Borner-------Fox

---------------Pelupessy----------------

----------Bannan-------Lee-------------

Murphy---------------------------Da Cruz

----------------Wickham-----------------

Think he'll want to avoid asking too much of Forestieri too soon. With Windass, Forestieri and Harris all on the bench, then it'll give us good options to inject some fresh legs as the game goes on. Windass probably unfortunate to miss out, given both Pelupessy and Bannan deserve dropping, but a change in system to negate the issue with that pairing (given there's little other alternatives with Luongo injured), means Windass is naturally the one to miss out.

• Like 1

Time for Westwood to step up, Dawson really out of his depth with terrible mistakes in the last match. But it's also time for Lees and Pelupessy to take a break.

Bannan could use a break to watch from the sidelines and come off as a sub, so start with Luongo and Windass/Lee and Reach/Da Cruz/Harris, Wickham up front.

But what I really need in whatever game we're playing, it's time for the keeper and back four to stop messing about. Sticking out a leg and hoping to stop your attacker, or weeing about with half-assed defending. Get in there, muscle them off the ball and take it, either pass your way out of defence if it's safe option or hoof it out, but ffs, we can't let other teams tread through 3-4 of our players... we made Barnsley look like world beaters and they're fighting relegation!

13 hours ago, torres said:

FF was the only player that looked like a footballer the last game. 
I would much prefer him in a free role behind the front man and just work round that. 

Sad but true that he’s still our most creative spark in the squad 

It’s not really sad, he is still one if the most talented players in the Championship and we would be doing extremely well to find anyone with more creative spark. It’s just a shame he’s had so many periods out of the team for various reasons, so never seems to have a decent run.

But i agree, I would play him.

Dont think there will be many changes, hopefully Fox and Luongo back fit and in the starting 11. 

Just hope Luongo is fit, in an area of the pitch bereft of options, he's becoming our most influential midfielder. Sure someone will be along to prove me wrong with stats, but seems we cope less favourably without him, as opposed to Bannan.

Or maybe it's just that Joey is poo? :ph34r:

56 minutes ago, striker said:

Dont think there will be many changes, hopefully Fox and Luongo back fit and in the starting 11. 

Just hope Luongo is fit, in an area of the pitch bereft of options, he's becoming our most influential midfielder. Sure someone will be along to prove me wrong with stats, but seems we cope less favourably without him, as opposed to Bannan.

Or maybe it's just that Joey is poo? :ph34r:

The problem is if you play long most of the time you turn the game into a scrap for the second ball. We are not very good at scrapping for it, especially in midfield without Luongo.

16 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Dawson (lets be honest he’s not good play westy or wildsmith anyway 

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

Da Cruz

Pelupessy

Luongo

Reach

Windass

Wickham

Bring Fernando on, thoughts?

Subs:

Harris

Fernando

Murphy

Lees

Nuihu

Hunt

Wildsmith

I'd go with that.

Does anyone actually know how long Luongo is meant to be out for? So frustrating he has been injured most of his time with us, what the hell do we do to these players! If still not fit enough Monk has to swallow his pride and put Hutch back in the team. We simply can’t keep playing Pessy. To be honest Westwood should be back in goal but I can’t see him ever playing for us again 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest Kagoshimaowl

My team fitness permitting for Luongo and Fox and assuming Reach and Odubajo are still injured 

Westwood

Palmer

Iorfa

Hutchinson

Fox

Da Cruz

Luongo

Bannan

Forestieri

Windass

Wickham

Subs:

Dawson, Lees, Lee, Murphy, Harris, Nuhiu, Borner

MonK will obviously play both Dawson and Joey which is automatically weaker than the side I’ve put out. Mine would win, his won’t 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
12 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Luton are another side, like Barnsley, that use the midfield diamond. They overload central areas, and have a mobile front two willing to run the channels.

If Monk goes with the same set-up, it'll be a very similar story to yesterday.

Kenilworth Road, like Oakwell, won't be the best surface, and Luton will get into our faces and really proactively look to stop us playing, particularly through Bannan.

I'd imagine, some degree of rotation will happen, with so many players lacking match fitness or just coming back from injuries.. 

I reckon, he'll probably opt for a 4-3-3, given the lack of legs Bannan/Pelupessy provide in a double pivot 4-2-3-1. 

Given that Luongo still seemed unlikely to be fit for Wednesday's game, and I'm hoping Fox is back, I think I'd go with.

------------------Dawson----------------

Palmer----Iorfa--------Borner-------Fox

---------------Pelupessy----------------

----------Bannan-------Lee-------------

Murphy---------------------------Da Cruz

----------------Wickham-----------------

Think he'll want to avoid asking too much of Forestieri too soon. With Windass, Forestieri and Harris all on the bench, then it'll give us good options to inject some fresh legs as the game goes on. Windass probably unfortunate to miss out, given both Pelupessy and Bannan deserve dropping, but a change in system to negate the issue with that pairing (given there's little other alternatives with Luongo injured), means Windass is naturally the one to miss out.

Sorry but anyone who picks Pelupessy cannot be taken seriously. The man isn’t good enough for League 2!