Borner

Odubajo

Luongo

Bannan

Reach

Murphy

Wickham

Forestieri 

Similar to how Wolves played during their title winning season. 541 without the ball, 343 with the ball. 

its how we play that'll influence the result more than who plays ….everyone has there favourite 11 that they think will get us a win .I could pick multiple different  combinations that should be able to beat luton but it wont happen if we don't play with intensity and a bit of tactical nous .

For me the manager needs to grow a pair - Dawson, Lees, Bannan all need dropping as their standards have not been acceptable for weeks now.

This line up will of course never happen due to internal club issues.

Westwood, Palmer, Borner, Iorfa, Urgohide, Harris, Hutch, Windass, Da Cruz, Fessi, Wickham,

4-4-1-1 with Fessi playing a free role behind the main striker, if Fox is fit the drop the young lad and move Paler to RB.

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Sorry but anyone who picks Pelupessy cannot be taken seriously. The man isn’t good enough for League 2!

Who's the alternative?

Given Luongo is likely still injured, and Hutchinson is clearly not going to play.

It's not a fantasy XI. 

For me, the two options, given our variabilities in our front line is either try and get a tune out of a deep lying double pivot in a 4-2-3-1 (which I don't see happening without Luongo) or strengthen the central areas to try and control the game (something we were unable to do at Barnsley).

Given the options for the 2 deep sitting midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 is a combination of Pelupessy, Bannan or Lee, then for me, Monk would be better sacrificing the No.10 role, who'd struggle to get in the game, if we aren't able to control the game, and play all three. 

Assuming Luongo and Fox are still out injured. I’d try and keep a settled side but don’t play Lees and Joey who aren’t performing that well. 

Dawson 

Palmer  Iorfa  Borner  Odubajo    

Hunt/Urhoghide  Bannan 

Forestieri   Windass   Da Cruz 

Wickham  

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Assuming Luongo and Fox are still out injured. I’d try and keep a settled side but don’t play Lees and Joey who aren’t performing that well. 

Dawson 

Palmer  Iorfa  Borner  Odubajo    

Hunt/Urhoghide  Bannan 

Forestieri   Windass   Da Cruz 

Wickham  

To be fair, suggesting Hunt isn't perhaps the worst idea.

Both Bannan and Pelupessy have underperformed in the most couple of weeks, and our lack of options in central midfield is a concern at present.

I just feel that at this time, taking chances on youngsters, given the atmosphere and general bad feeling emanating from the fans, might be a step too far. 

If we can begin to correct this slump, avoid a huge points deduction, and get ourselves into a position where we're safe, then the opportunities for Urhoghide, Hunt and maybe others, could present themselves in better circumstances.

You only have to look at the damage it caused last time a manager tried to put his trust in the youngsters when the fans weren't happy. 

3 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Have you noticed if any of our players are 50/50 or ‘touch and go’ they never make it to play, 

let’s hope fox and luongo are back as they will make a massive difference for us

I think Monk knows the players are not going to be fit when he says it, it’s just to avoid giving away too much team information to the opposition prior to the game.

Not uncommon.

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is Windass? In the proposed lineups he’s either wing, cm or am. If he’s just another Reach (jack of all trades master of none) then why bring him in over a more sturdy orthodox central midfielder?

Edited by Yellowbelly

On 09/02/2020 at 17:56, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Dawson (lets be honest he’s not good play westy or wildsmith anyway 

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

Da Cruz

Bannan

Luongo

Reach

Windass

Wickham

Bring Fernando on, thoughts?

Subs:

Harris

Fernando

Murphy

Lees

Nuihu

Hunt

Wildsmith

I'd be playing FF on the left and Reach/Murphy or Harris on the right. Take your pick.

Early days but Cruz doesn't look like a wide man in a 4 to me, more a wide man in a 3 or a second striker. 

30 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'd be playing FF on the left and Reach/Murphy or Harris on the right. Take your pick.

Early days but Cruz doesn't look like a wide man in a 4 to me, more a wide man in a 3 or a second striker. 

reach for me is only any good wide left , so either there or on the bench. I get your thought process on da Cruz but hopefully with Palmer at RB he should be able to stay forward and concentrate on attacking side of things and Palmer can stay back as he isn’t great attacking wise anyway 

9 hours ago, room0035 said:

For me the manager needs to grow a pair - Dawson, Lees, Bannan all need dropping as their standards have not been acceptable for weeks now.

Westwood, Palmer, Borner, Iorfa, Urgohide, Harris, Hutch, Windass, Da Cruz, Fessi, Wickham,

4-4-1-1 with Fessi playing a free role behind the main striker, if Fox is fit the drop the young lad and move Paler to RB.

looks good bud...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Personally thought Da Cruz looked exactly the type of wide forward we've been crying out for years. 

He's obviously got the natural tendencies to play that role, with a number of good starting positions, and he's demonstrated the attributes to cause teams problems, if he gets the ball.

Early days I know, but, going forward long-term, if Monk can sort out a midfield to play a 4-2-3-1, we've finally got some good variety in the attacking roles. 

9 hours ago, room0035 said:

To many attacking players in the line up. If you are going to drop Bannan for Hutch then Pelupessy can stay in the team. 

The problem with Pelupessy is when he is asked to do the Hutchinson job. Play him in a three with Hutchinson and say Luongo I think he would be much better. 

Its difficult to predict wjat team will turn out.  We seem to have signed players who can pass quickly and take on defenders but then we lump it up.  It almost makes forestieri, de cruz, bannan, lee and reach redundant and it would seemingly make hutch and nuihu our most important players.  It all seems very strange.  I do think we got de cruz mainly to play centrally as we already had 3 reasonable options out wide but that in its self is weird because if you are going to play 3 up front that have a free licence you cannot also play wingers.  If got 2 theories. 

The first is that monk plans to play wingbacks.  The 2nd theory is that monk has no particular plan at all. 

On 09/02/2020 at 17:56, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Dawson (lets be honest he’s not good play westy or wildsmith anyway 

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

Da Cruz

Bannan

Luongo

Reach

Windass

Wickham