Do You Back Chansiri

Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Hoarding of players is one of his problems, not to be seen as a positive.

He hasn’t been selling off our players, just our ground!

Mistake after mistake and he isn’t learning. Hair brain scheme after hair brain scheme to try and get quick cash which deepens the problem when we don’t get promoted.

If we ever get to the premier league. Do you think he would spend the money we get given or keep if for himself. 

He has made errors but a chairman willing to spend money is good chairman as eventually they will get it right.

Had he not been hog-tied by financial regulations we would be flying by now, I genuinely believe that.

Problem is he's had to gamble big time and, despite desperately wanting to throw more money at our (most importantly, ON-field) problems, he isn't allowed and he's relying on the fanbase to dig him out of it. Unfortunately someone of his means won't be able to understand that most can't afford to do that...see uptake of Club 1867 and 10 year STs for starters.

His intentions are pure, he's just been advised terribly and gotten tangled up in masses of red tape.

I hope for all our sakes we can pull through it and move out from under the FFP/P&S cloud.

41 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I dont like how he runs things but he's the owner of the club I support and until that changes I'll  back him .

That's worrying, as we shouldn't back the owner unconditionally. There has to be a point where we think he isn't doing things in our best interests.

That's how Dave Allen survived so long.

• Like 1

I think that P&S is a convenient cover for his money having run out anyway.

Unfortunately I think we’re stuck with him for a good while yet since he first needs to find a buyer willing to take all of our issues on. This now includes negotiating separately for the ground which Chansiri owns via a separate legal entity.

That buyer will also have to meet Chansiri’s valuation. History teaches us that he tends to over-value and not back down.

I simply can’t see anyone being willing to take on a basket case of a club at Chansiri’s likely asking price.

The hostility and absolute hatred towards Owlstalk which was evident at Leeds, QPR & Wigan unfortunately shows how this once decent site is now regarded by match attending Wednesdayite’s!

The absolute bile spouted by a minority on these pages, unchecked by Mods, has turned OT into a parody of itself and it’s claim to be “a forum for Sheffield Wednesday Fans”!

From once leading the way it’s now imploding, unchecked!

SWFC will be here long after OT’s demise, which can only be a matter of time now it’s lost it’s target audience......... and it’s credibility!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

You are missing the point.

I’m not questioning his intentions however if he keeps going as he is, we won’t be promoted, things will continue to get worse.

Even if he was allowed to spend what he wanted with no FFP restrictions, can you hand on heart say he’d spend it wisely?

Also remember that the steady decline we are witnessing is costing fans more than any other championship supporter.

Im not criticising DC to revel in the doom as some have suggested, far from it, it genuinely makes me feel sick. I’m not burying my head in the sand hoping it will all be ok.

Problem is there is no guarantee that another chairman would be any better the ones we have had in the previous 20 years haven't been. 

While he continues to put his own money into the club. He has my support.

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

I don't think the "Worst" tag is fair because it implies worst intentions. He may certainly be the most hapless though.

Lets be honest, football is a tough business, unlike any other. And on that basis alone only a f*****g idiot would take over a football club and believe he can do everything with no experience and no help.

All true.

Trouble is, you don't know who he might sell to. We might end up being owned by someone who has a fraction of his good intentions.

Also, would he leave us saddled with debt?

All things considered, I would rather stick with him and hope he learns from his mistakes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

That's worrying, as we shouldn't back the owner unconditionally. There has to be a point where we think he isn't doing things in our best interests.

That's how Dave Allen survived so long.

The fabric of the club is different now. He’s accountable to no one 

Attacks on him serve no purpose at all

1 hour ago, gbear05 said:

I don’t doubt Chansiri’s intent, in that I’m confident he cares about the club and wants the best for us.

But I am sure that he is completely out of his depth, and not treating the running of the club in the professional way it deserves. 

SAD ,but perhaps true?

I've put no because I've said (along with otherd) for 2 years he would run us into the depths of oblivion. 

We all knew that he had very limited knowledge of football but this was supposed to be acceptable due to him being a very experienced and knowledgeable businessman.

Unfortunately im struggling to decide which of the two he is worse at. 

Our current situation would indicate that he's actually worse at business given that our position off the field is far worse than the one on it

17 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

The hostility and absolute hatred towards Owlstalk which was evident at Leeds, QPR & Wigan unfortunately shows how this once decent site is now regarded by match attending Wednesdayite’s!

The absolute bile spouted by a minority on these pages, unchecked by Mods, has turned OT into a parody of itself and it’s claim to be “a forum for Sheffield Wednesday Fans”!

From once leading the way it’s now imploding, unchecked!

SWFC will be here long after OT’s demise, which can only be a matter of time now it’s lost it’s target audience......... and it’s credibility!

In what way?

5 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

The fabric of the club is different now. He’s accountable to no one 

Attacks on him serve no purpose at all

Sorry but if I strongly believe he is running us appallingly, and more importantly is showing no signs of changing, then I'll continue to call him out.

Turning a blind eye, and then seeing us do a Portsmouth would be reprehensible.

• Haha 1

They always say don't start a business in an industry you don't know...

unfortunately in football it happens all the time.

Chansiri deffo needs some advice from somewhere. Someone like Wilkinson might not want to get involved but I am sure he still know people in the game and could point him in the right direction.

Edited by Jakes Grandad