Do You Back Chansiri

Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club

• Yes
    • No

Guest Kameron
1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Not even close to the worse chairman in our history.

Ok Chansiri has made a few mistakes. But it is only FFP that is stopping him putting his hand in pocket yet again. 

We will do well to remember that when our next chairman we have is selling off all of our players and investing it somewhere else.

We’re currently not under embargo so where’s the reinforcements? Where is the long term  investment in infrastructure and why the need to sell 10 year season tickets? Baring in mind ST money has to be allocated for each season, the only reasons you would do that is to get cash in.  Chansiri is nothing more than a slot machine gambler who’s pissed the lot up the wall.  Unfortunately it will be others who pick up the pieces. 

Edited by Kameron

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

You did that when we were top 6

Pretty sure I've been consistent in my views on DC's performance from the point he didn't remove Clueless when he should have, and started doing grubby fake sponsorship deals.

Not changed my views once and never been tempted to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Kameron

To the red arrow brigade let’s here what you think he has achieved in his 5 years at the club.  Quadrupling the debt, having no saleable assets and being in a worse league position do not count as achievements.  We do have a pitch and nice big telly though. 

23 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

The hostility and absolute hatred towards Owlstalk which was evident at Leeds, QPR & Wigan unfortunately shows how this once decent site is now regarded by match attending Wednesdayite’s!

The absolute bile spouted by a minority on these pages, unchecked by Mods, has turned OT into a parody of itself and it’s claim to be “a forum for Sheffield Wednesday Fans”!

From once leading the way it’s now imploding, unchecked!

SWFC will be here long after OT’s demise, which can only be a matter of time now it’s lost it’s target audience......... and it’s credibility!

What should a forum for Sheffield Wednesday fans be discussing in your view?

Are these match attending Wednesdayites you talk about all happy with the current situation? 

Will you be getting a Chansiri chant ringing around Hillsborough tomorrow with the match attending Wednesdayites?

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Pretty sure I've been consistent in my views on DC's performance from the point he didn't remove Clueless when he should have, and started doing grubby fake sponsorship deals.

Not changed my views once and never been tempted to.

I didn'y say your views changed, just you only air them when we're in bad form

1 hour ago, GerOwl said:

Doesn't make a difference, he's not going to be able to sell us for what he wants. I only worry that this P&S BS is the straw that broke the camels back and he sacks us off and starts doing what he seems to be doing now, minimal investment, no presence at the club, nothing seems to be moving infrastructure wise(which isn't taken in to P&S balance, I believe). Doing a Mike Ashley. Worrying times for us and our existence as a club once again. 

This is what I fear has/will happen, he breezed in expecting to splash some money and have a Premier League club almost over night, he now seems to be less of a presence with each desperate grasp to still make that happen.

4 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I didn'y say your views changed, just you only air them when we're in bad form

Of course I do. Owlstalk is my medium for relieving frustrations with my team.

Believe it or not, thats one of the purposes of a forum, and there aren't rules to how individuals decide to use it. Just because I vent on here, doesn't make me a monster.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kameron said:

To the red arrow brigade let’s here what you think he has achieved in his 5 years at the club.  Quadrupling the debt, having no saleable assets and being in a worse league position do not count as achievements.  We do have a pitch and nice big telly though. 

Pretty sure the key red arrow culprit has a vested interest in our continued failure.

33 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Sorry but if I strongly believe he is running us appallingly, and more importantly is showing no signs of changing, then I'll continue to call him out.

Turning a blind eye, and then seeing us do a Portsmouth would be reprehensible.

Calling him out.

From behind your keyboard.

:duntmatter:

• Thanks 1

You have to look at this over his tenure to form some context.

His objective was/is presumably promotion to the PL and sell or take some annual profit. This isn't different to any other businessman in any business venture including football.

His unorthodox methods are the main concern for me, as they simply haven't worked and are in danger of doing more damage to the long term future of the club than was needed.

I am desperate for him to succeed but I just can't see it, and every month/season that goes by shows a worst performance on and off the pitch.

5 and half years after he arrived, do we think he'll beat the 60 points that Stuart Gray achieved, with half the player budget, and for which he was sacked.

For me, there's little to show for DC's £100m investment over this time, and this should be how we measure his performance. Of course there are no guarantees - Derby, Forest both know this, and the championship is a cliff edge league to ply your trade/money.  

2 minutes ago, nilsson said:

You talk about owlstalk being a parody.... Your posts are a parody

You don’t get it do you!

Owlstalk has lost the vast majority of match attending Wednesdayite’s to the extent that it’s now hated and a parody of itself!

It simply doesn’t reflect the views of those who attend matches and is now viewed as the enemy!

• Haha 2

Just now, Animis said:

You have to look at this over his tenure to form some context.

His objective was/is presumably promotion to the PL and sell or take some annual profit. This isn't different to any other businessman in any business venture including football.

His unorthodox methods are the main concern for me, as they simply haven't worked and are in danger of doing more damage to the long term future of the club than was needed.

I am desperate for him to succeed but I just can't see it, and every month/season that goes by shows a worst performance on and off the pitch.

5 and half years after he arrived, do we think he'll beat the 60 points that Stuart Gray achieved, with half the player budget, and for which he was sacked.

For me, there's little to show for DC's £100m investment over this time, and this should be how we measure his performance. Of course there are no guarantees - Derby, Forest both know this, and the championship is a cliff edge league to ply your trade/money.  

And that's the crux.

100 million wasted and no progress.

I could just about live with that if we weren't left with an old overpaid failed squad, EFL punishment looming, and no plan B.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

I dont like how he runs things but he's the owner of the club I support and until that changes I'll  back him .

Pretty much this. 

I think it would be for the best if he moves on, but I'm not sure threads like this are overly helpful tbh. 

Whether we like it or not, we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future. 

Let's hope he can turn things around. Big ask. 

Of course you have to back him and back Monk 

He has got us and himself into a fair old mess trying to get what everyone wants but unless someone else tips up we have got to hope he keeps bank rolling the club 

The thing I am most uncomfortable with is the relationship with Piaxao 

I dont think Wednesday will become another Coventry or Portsmouth.
But might be like Blackburn where they owners after a lot of mistakes and bad feeling are back on an even keel but will take a few seasons of pain before they got there. Although I guess the Venkeys will never be popular amongst the rank and file Blackburn fans.

6 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

You don’t get it do you!

Owlstalk has lost the vast majority of match attending Wednesdayite’s to the extent that it’s now hated and a parody of itself!

It simply doesn’t reflect the views of those who attend matches and is now viewed as the enemy!

Who has it lost and what are the views that are not being represented on here?

5 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Of course you have to back him and back Monk 

He has got us and himself into a fair old mess trying to get what everyone wants but unless someone else tips up we have got to hope he keeps bank rolling the club 

The thing I am most uncomfortable with is the relationship with Piaxao 

Is this still in place? I'll be honest, I never really understood what the relationship was - agent/advisor/consultant.

Sometimes you have to stand back and ask yourself does it matter if he has an advisor It sort of makes sense for him to have someone in the football world, as he hasn't the experience or geographical presence to do this himself, and there's certainly no one at the club other than Redgate.

The question of Piaxao's integrity is probably too subjective, but the various articles don't make good reading. Having said this, DC must have also read the articles?