Was Jos wrong after all ?

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Yet if he hadn't said what he said he'd have been hammered for 'dishing out the same old platitudes wouldn't he

'We'll do better next time."  or "There will be a response"

He can't win really whatever he says. 

yeah he should watch a video of a  carlos or jos presser  ...waffle on for 20 minutes and tell em nowt .

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Then say nothing, or perhaps refer to the lack of balance in the squad As I said, if those words were aimed at Bannan, and he doesn’t fit Monk’s profile, work on changing things this week.

What, just stand in silence at the obligatory pre and post match press meets?

43 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Then say nothing, or perhaps refer to the lack of balance in the squad As I said, if those words were aimed at Bannan, and he doesn’t fit Monk’s profile, work on changing things this week.

Perhaps Monk has been working on these things since he got here, but some players are just ignoring him.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Mister Soul said:

On the contrary I think it was totally needed. 

Firstly to indicate to the fan base that’s he’s on the same page and can now see the big problem.

Secondly, letting it known publicly that he’s worked out who is still in a comfort bubble and they are soon to be shown the door

Who do you think he's worked out are in the comfort bubble? 

24 minutes ago, rafterowl said:

Perhaps Monk has been working on these things since he got here, but some players are just ignoring him.

If that’s the case, get those players out, and bring in the players who will listen That’s what the windows for

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If that’s the case, get those players out, and bring in the players who will listen That’s what the windows for

If only it was that simple. Why can’t people understand this?

Firstly you need clubs to want your players. Don’t think many will be queuing up for our lot at the moment. Secondly I’m sure Monk wants to bring in his own players, but the chairman will have final say.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It's that simple? My guess is we'll be going through the bins and lifting the carpets trying to find enough change just for a couple of modest loanees.

There will be little or no movement outwards until the summer it seems.

7 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Now I'm not saying he was a good manager ,he was far from it 

but the dropping of certain players (who people  demanded played) 

Westwood ,Fernando ect.

Its obvious there is massive tension at the club at present and certain players running the changing room .

How are some players supposed to get motivated when they see Westwood and Fernando on 25/30 k a week taking a annual month off every season .

Like I say Jos  was garbage and rightfully sacked but I defiantly onto something with trying to get rid of the venom in the changing room 

But when Jos went. Bruce played these players and has they played for a full 46 games instead of sitting in the stands, we would have been in last season's play offs and who knows maybe could now be were sheff Utd are spunking £27m on a foreign from Belgium no one has ever heard of.

The issue at the club is plain to see, apathy from top to bottom no leadership, no plan. There is always an excuse - the players, the fans, the efl, the council, the police. We cannot keep blaming players not in the team for the issues. Westwood and Fessi did not let a poor Blackburn team paste us, or roll over for Wigan,  no they are not involved in the team currently. If they were at least we would have some leadership at the back and a bit of creative spark in attack.

7 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Isn't it widely known that Westwood and Hutchinson used to turn up and go as they please at training? 

Paul McGrath didn’t train, Ledley King, who his own team mates say was the best defender they’ve played with, also trained on certain days. 

Each player has their own way of performing

The changing of the guard has been long overdue, and we are now seeing the last days of the old guard. FF, Hutch, Lee, Nuihu and Westwood need to leave. Whilst Lees contract runs until 2021, I'd put him in this bracket - he'll have been at the club 7 years if it runs it's course.

The BB discussion is interesting in that we are very much hostage to him; increasingly so as we've not brought in players that are pivotal to our play. BB dictates everything, and it's not healthy for the team or club. We could raise a couple of million and change the structure of the team for next season - it's tempting and a risk. 

Big questions for Monk over the next few months.

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If only it was that simple. Why can’t people understand this?

Firstly you need clubs to want your players. Don’t think many will be queuing up for our lot at the moment. Secondly I’m sure Monk wants to bring in his own players, but the chairman will have final say.

16 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It's that simple? My guess is we'll be going through the bins and lifting the carpets trying to find enough change just for a couple of modest loanees.

There will be little or no movement outwards until the summer it seems.

No guys, it’s not that simple, and the options to do this are limited, it’s true. These are the parameters that managers have to work with, so my argument is, why run your mouth off about something you can’t change. Get on with it, if it has to be loans, so be it. Huddersfield got promoted using loans

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

The changing of the guard has been long overdue, and we are now seeing the last days of the old guard. FF, Hutch, Lee, Nuihu and Westwood need to leave. Whilst Lees contract runs until 2021, I'd put him in this bracket - he'll have been at the club 7 years if it runs it's course.

The BB discussion is interesting in that we are very much hostage to him; increasingly so as we've not brought in players that are pivotal to our play. BB dictates everything, and it's not healthy for the team or club. We could raise a couple of million and change the structure of the team for next season - it's tempting and a risk. 

Big questions for Monk over the next few months.

If Monk wants to go direct then you sell. BB is 30 his stock is only going to go one way. We could bring in two average midfielders that can tackle do the basic of passes and run all day.

For a direct team that is crucial.

BB is a joy to watch at times but sometimes you have sacrifice your best players to get a better team.

However knowing DC he will let him walk for nowt at the end of next season. He will have learnt nothing from the FF saga.

Before the editor timed out previously

If we are going to keep with Bannan then utilise him better.

At the start of the season we had Harris on form and Fletch doing an excellent job as a target man. When teams tried to squeeze Bannan out of the game we had other options allieviating all the pressure off of BB.

The former has lost form and the latter is injured, so we either replace with loans or watch a subpar BB get overworked and offer nowhere near what he is capable of.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

14 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Yep, lets sell our best player and replace him with two average ones. That sounds sensible.

its sensible if the manager thinks he   can get more out of the 2 than he can out of bannan ….if the money is right it makes sense to sell him on while still as some value …...its madness to let your better players play on good contracts until they have no value …….from what we are led to believe clubs showed interest in westwood ,lees, hooper ,lee and FF ...we said not for sale and they'll all leave for free and we are still the same position as when they arrived . 

Edited by torryowl

Guest The Horse

Under Big Ron, we sold Dalian Atkinson (who at the time was arguably the better striker out of him and Hirst).

Everyone thought he was irreplaceable.

We used the money and replaced him with Paul Williams and Danny Wilson who brought balance to the team and improved us as a whole.

There can be life without Bannan.

IF replaced properly.

Edited by The Horse
flipping auto-correct misspelling Hirst.

8 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

so are you saying that our entire squad  and manager is weak enough to let 3/4 players dictate how they play and turn up on match days?

even for Owlstalk that’s a bit far fetched

i might also add that these players must have had the same effect on the squad when we were 3rd/4th right? Or is it selective when the outside attitude effects the team?

Yes, 100% - really does feel like there is a cabal of senior players who have a negative influence on the club.  Something clearly isn’t right, and this is as plausible a reason as any.  Plus the fact that we’re skint - long hard road ahead.

9 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Now I'm not saying he was a good manager ,he was far from it 

but the dropping of certain players (who people  demanded played) 

Westwood ,Fernando ect.

Its obvious there is massive tension at the club at present and certain players running the changing room .

How are some players supposed to get motivated when they see Westwood and Fernando on 25/30 k a week taking a annual month off every season .

Like I say Jos  was garbage and rightfully sacked but I defiantly onto something with trying to get rid of the venom in the changing room 

maybe he was but he managed it in the wrong way cos he was the worst manager I’ve known here in 40 years.