Was Jos wrong after all ?

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Exactly this.

As an example, the last time Westwood was sidelined he was chattingshit on Twitter and undermining Dawson.

FF riding a bike and turning his pockets out because Fletcher got a car as part of his signing on fee.....

Etc etc

Footballers chatting sh@t on Twitter? Scary.....it’s what footballers do, why the hell would other players be intimidated, they aren’t teenage girls

Edited by gurujuan
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Now I'm not saying he was a good manager ,he was far from it 

but the dropping of certain players (who people  demanded played) 

Westwood ,Fernando ect.

Its obvious there is massive tension at the club at present and certain players running the changing room .

How are some players supposed to get motivated when they see Westwood and Fernando on 25/30 k a week taking a annual month off every season .

Like I say Jos  was garbage and rightfully sacked but I defiantly onto something with trying to get rid of the venom in the changing room 

Shouldnt the thread title be suggesting "Was Jos right after all"?

Jos didn't drop Forestieri, he was injured for much of his time here but played quite a few games towards the end of 17/18 when he did well and the start of 18/19 before having a couple of further spells out injured or suspended.

The ones he appeared to fall out with and freeze out were Westwood, Hutchinson and Boyd - and performances and results improved as soon as they came back into the team.

Guest LittleG
14 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

im still at a loss as to how these alleged trouble causes Westwood, hutch, Ff et al are to blame for Blackburn and last night.

they weren’t even in the squad, if you want to play a guessing game as to what is goi g on fine but for the love of god stop trying to pass the buck to them for our last half dozen or so games in the league where we have failed to turn up. 

Totally agree. To state that certain players are running the dressing room with nothing based on fact. People are jumping on the bandwagon that a certain clique are to blame for the recent poor results. Apparently it's all down to FF cos he didn't  get on the coach.

2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Totally agree. To state that certain players are running the dressing room with nothing based on fact. People are jumping on the bandwagon that a certain clique are to blame for the recent poor results. Apparently it's all down to FF cos he didn't  get on the coach.

I shouldn’t imagine there are many footballers who like, or more importantly, respect Monk He’s always been a slime ball, quick to blame others, while taking no responsibility himself

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Shouldnt the thread title be suggesting "Was Jos right after all"?

Jos didn't drop Forestieri, he was injured for much of his time here but played quite a few games towards the end of 17/18 when he did well and the start of 18/19 before having a couple of further spells out injured or suspended.

The ones he appeared to fall out with and freeze out were Westwood, Hutchinson and Boyd - and performances and results improved as soon as they came back into the team.

And where are all these players now 

Boyd plays in league 1 ,hutch is always one fall away from been injured for a month,Westwood likes a month off when his form dips and Fernandos attitude stinks 

Like i said jos  was rightfully sacked but probley saw what players where earning and what they was contributing to the team and was trying to build for the future 

He did it too quickly and over the top but its  showing now which players are init for the money and whose init for the team 

• Thanks 1

Just now, 2roland2 said:

so wait, it’s ok for monk to slag players most say on here?

and yet I haven’t seen any evidence of these players doing that at all, even if they did it’s opinions. If the players can’t deal with opinions like ours on here then professional sport maybe isnt for them as we seem to be quickly finding out. 

There is evidence for both Westwood and FF from before you turned up rowing with everyfucker for fun every 2 bastardminutes.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

so again I will ask you, why should his attitude effect how the team play on the day, he’s been left out of his attitude stinks then it stinks, but tell me why that stops the other players going out and Performing if he isnt in the squad. 
what has westwood not playing got to do with the past 6/7 games? What has FF got to do with that? He has t been in the squad for months. 
if we are saying the rest of the team can’t focus and be professional just because others are whining about being frozen out then fizz me our problems are much bigger than those 4. 
see my above posts about tactics not suiting our current available players. Most of you were spunking over how we had a chance of sneaking autos about 8 games ago now it’s the fault of 4 players 2 of which were key parts of that side who were In The playoff places. 

some of the excuses and explanations I hear are beyond bonkers. 

I wasny spunking over anything the complete opposite ,I've had arguements and been called all sorts of names for seeing what this team is 

Westwood and Fernando are still training ,so the negative atmosphere is still running across the camp

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Footballers chatting sh@t on Twitter? Scary.....it’s what footballers do, why the hell would other players be intimidated, they aren’t teenage girls

I don't think they'd be affected by tweets directly.

They might however be intimidated  if, for example , a few thousand people  started chanting  the name of the person they'd replaced.

Guest LondonOwl313

No he wasn't right... proved he can't manage players with an ego. Most Wednesday fans would take an instant dislike to players who have an ego as that's the Sheffield way... and that's why there's a lot of hate at the moment for Westwood and FF. But unfortunately a lot of good players are like that, just got to be able to manage them. It's a shame Bruce ditched us because he had experience playing and managing with those kinds of players and would have got the best out of them.

The problem is, our better players are past it and don't play enough games. The ones who are playing aren't very good and that's why results are poor.

Unfortunately we're going to have to get rid of most of the squad because they're either past it or not good enough. What we need is another summer 2015 where we spent nearly £20m on quality attacking players like FF, Hooper, Joao, Matias, Hunt, Bannan, Pudil etc, to add to the strong base of defensive players in their prime in Westwood, Loovens, Lees, Hutchinson and Lee. Except now 5 years on, that £20m investment would probably be £40m given transfer fee inflation and we don't have a solid core to add to.

So in short we're f*cked.. Chansiri won't have the funds (or won't be allowed to spend them) to build another top 6 standard team. We won't achieve that with frees and loans either and will be back to where we were under Milan having spent £100m+ in 5 years with nothing to show for it.

Look at Dawson and fox 

Both boo'd when they name was getting announced at matches ,got absolute abuse on here and at matches for trying there damn best 

Where's the fans hero's Fernando and Westwood who both been a waste of space ,where's the motivation to get back in the team and show people what they've got 

Give me players who'd die for the shirt than some jumped up has beens who think they should just walk in the team ,and do as they please .

It worked for the grunters 

10 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I follow Westwood on Twitter and don't recall him having a go at any of our players.

He did, he commented on his FIFA ranking when the game was released and Dawson was in the side ahead of him like a child.

He also undermined Jos re. his fitness status.

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Look at Dawson and fox 

Both boo'd when they name was getting announced at matches ,got absolute abuse on here and at matches for trying there damn best 

Where's the fans hero's Fernando and Westwood who both been a waste of space ,where's the motivation to get back in the team and show people what they've got 

Give me players who'd die for the shirt than some jumped up has beens who think they should just walk in the team ,and do as they please .

It worked for the grunters 

Dawson and Fox aren't good enough for where we should want to get to, they're championship squad player standard. The other two need to go too but if we want to get back to the Premier we need better all round, need quality on top of trying hard as that alone isn't enough