10 year season tickets!

Isn't this just another instance of the club front loading? 

Getting in cash with a short term view, not thinking about the long term consequences. 

For arguments sake, say we did sell quite a few of these. 

We spend the money...and then what? 

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Thanks, February deadlines aren’t new though. Must have been the year before

In 2018 the deadline was March - i think that one got pushed out to April as you referred to in your previous post. 

Season tickets have been launched in Jan/Feb over the years...but I can't ever remember the Early Bird deadline being this early. 

I might be wrong like. But i guess regardless, 10th Feb is way too early. That's one pay day, especially given that the last two years we've had Jan, Feb and March pay days to save up.

Guest addedtime
1 hour ago, Mister Soul said:

At last someone else who recognises the positives in this progressive idea.. thank you for posting 

But everything is geared to "short term" though isn't it?

Great deal for the fansi if we can afford it.

As for the club, this deal is really worrying and along with other recent off the field activity has me convinced about our clubs future.

How are we going to finance the club if we don't get promotion ?

We couldn't keep our heads above water when we had full income from match revenue what chance would we have in the future.

Fingers crossed we can role a double six and get promotion this season.

6 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Thanks, February deadlines aren’t new though. Must have been the year before

We (the supporters) have only ever had a February deadline for the first introduction of the multi year season ticket.  That said, I’m not sure too much can be read into the time frames (except to say this years is a month early so bigdan2003’s original observation is correct), 

2015 (Chansiri’s first full season) the early birds were announced 6 March with a deadline of 5 April 

2016 the early birds were announced 23 March with a deadline of 19 April (however the advance saver which for the first time offered fans the opportunity to buy up to a three year deal was announced on 2 January with a deadline of 1 February, which was extended to 8 February due to high demand)

2017 the early birds were announced 2 February with a deadline of 6 March

2018 the early birds were announced on 19 February with a deadline of 19 March 

2019 the early birds were announced 15 February with a deadline of 18 March, which was extended to 1 April (the multi season ticket was also reintroduced in parallel) 

2020 the early birds were announced 15 January with a deadline of 10 February

I’ve clearly got the day off work and am frittering my time on useless info and sorting QPR travel 

1 hour ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Alternatively, think of all the personal finance deals people take out to pay off cars/holidays etc, no reason why fans couldn't take out a loan for 5/6 years and pay off a 10, perhaps 15 year season ticket in that time, could potentially be a huge financial saving if you are planning to commit yourself for that long. As a quick example, you can borrow £4,500 over 5 years, and repay £96 a month...again if you can commit to the games would be excellent value for money.

Asking ordinary fans to take out loans and get into debt for 5-6 years for a short term cash injection to fund badly run football club is not the way forward.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Owl999 said:

As far fetched as it sounds it really wouldn’t surprise me at all with the way DC goes about things .

I am not a cynic, furthest thing from it. But given that DC has launched fake companies like D taxis and Elev8 and also sends out cryptic tweets “Elev8 - make your own rules”, there is certainly something there where he’s trying to get round the FFP issues but also a f**k you message to the EFL. 

Given how he has operated so far, I would certainly not rule it out. 

48 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

This.

At some point we will run out of short term get rich quick schemes.

Ground sold. Made up sponsors outed. Now this.

What's next ? Pyramid selling ?

No substitute for a well run sustainable club and business model.

Agreed mate. You cannot run a business by front loading your income all the time. Its a recipe for financial ruin. 

43 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Isn't this just another instance of the club front loading? 

Getting in cash with a short term view, not thinking about the long term consequences. 

For arguments sake, say we did sell quite a few of these. 

We spend the money...and then what? 

Exactly mate. Its financial suicide. 

23 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Asking ordinary fans to take out loans and get into debt for 5-6 years for a short term cash injection to fund badly run football club is not the way forward.

No one has been asked to do that 

Just now, Ash76 said:

Agreed.

Some people just want any excuse to have a pop at the chairman.

If fans have the money and want to take advantage of what is a great deal then go for it, it’s 15 years minimum and huge savings to be made.

If fans don’t want to take advantage of this offer then that’s their decision, it’s entirely up to them, nobody is forcing anybody to do anything they either don’t want to or can’t afford.

No need for fans to slag the club off though or try to claim they are forcing fans into doing things when it’s clearly not the case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Agreed.

If fans have the money and want to take advantage of what is a great deal then go for it, it’s 15 years minimum and huge savings to be made.

If fans don’t want to take advantage of this offer then that’s their decision, it’s entirely up to them, nobody is forcing anybody to do anything they either don’t want to or can’t afford.

No need for fans to slag the club off though or try to claim they are forcing fans into doing things when it’s clearly not the case.

It's the thought of what lies behind it that is worrying. We know nobody is being forced into doing it. That doesn't mean it's a good idea. Should we have applauded Club 1867 as an innovative fund raiser or took the wee wee out of it for it being risible? This is clearly a more attractive offer but it's a strange one. 

5 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Correct there is no finance option available. Thinking loads of fans have £5,000 plus available to splash out on 10 year tickets is not living in the real world.

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Agreed.

Think people are being critical is because we have had multi year season tickets sold in the past on top of things like the 1867 scheme and the club has still had major financial issues. 

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Agreed.

Morning mate. That's a fair point you make but I reckon it's just the way business appears to be done at the moment that makes people suspicious. It's all about opinions and the dark cloud of points deduction hanging over us doesn't help. All will become clear shortly on that issue but I can't help but feel it is muddying the waters on Chansiri's ten year plan,rightly or not.