10 year season tickets!

46 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

And if we don't go up? 

There is no planning. I thought DC would have learned by now this shiete or bust approach is risking the future of the club. 

Admittedly this is a gamble, but he is obviously confident we will go up. If and when we do the gamble pays off and we can wipe the slate clean with the huge injection of revenue into the club the PL brings. It then releases his shackles and he can (with sound advice) start investing his money the way he wants to.

If you want him to balance the books and run the club within our means year in year out now, you are effectively running the risk of lower championship or league one football in a new 15 k seat stadium a la chesterfield after he's sold Hillsborough for luxury apartments.

Can you have aspirations of PL football and balance the books. Without changing our whole structure and player transfer strategy? I.e. Develop and sell our best prospects

21 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Do you have to pay using magic beans, or can you use actual money for this?

If magicking the beans was a currency, I would have been loaded as a teenager. Stopped now obviously :ph34r:

34 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

give over, we have plenty of players to sell, and if we would have traded sensibly over the past five years we wouldn’t have the older players  worth nothing.  Selling players like bannan and reach etc are what clubs do all the time, then they replace them, we however are now in. A position where we may have to fire sale, that’s just tough and a result of us gambling and running the club unsustainably. 

as for how do we hold the owner accountable that would take fans getting together and campaigning and setting up meetings ( imo it won’t happen because like on here it’s empathy still for him, and excuses, no offence to you but your asking me these things, it’s the basics of what we should have done over the past five years, ask the owner...... 

like I said a lot of people are quite willing to take the gamble to try and ge the golden goose, that is quite evident both on here and also on social media etc, im just not sure the people who are happy for us to gamble understand the possible consequence of losing said gamble. 

yeah we do have plenty of players to sell, but only the good ones are needed by other clubs. IF we sell bannan how much would we get?

how many incoming players would we have to try before we found another as capable as bannan? there's a reason he attracts attention from other clubs.

reach could go, and is replaceable, but who wants him, and for how much?

the clubs that go up have NOT sold their best players in the two seasons before.

re the fans getting together, it's more than likely not enough would be interested, and the rest would be shut down by his reply of 'HOW WOULD YOU LOT KNOW, WHICH FOOTBALL CLUBS HAVE YOU RUN? pay yer money, take yer seat, or stay away, this is big finance sonny, not your car repayments'.

I imagine dc is fully aware of the consequences, that's why he has moved the way I understand he has in regard to his wife, and legal representation with the efl.

the top and bottom of it is, the club as MM was running it wasn't viable, I believe it was bleeding money, you don't take over and bleed yourself dry running the club on the same lines for 10/15 years and then leave  nigh on skint in the hope 'one year' you'll get up, you gamble, and he has, it is after all his money, and his club.

the trouble with football fans is they get their wage, what they don't spend (if they're lucky) they save, or they borrow to cover the shortfalls in life, but they do not understand BIG finance, this isn't about not having a tenner left on Monday.

fans think a multi millionaire ought to buy the club, chuck his money at it, then get out and let the next multi millionaire in to do the same.

49 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

You mean the offer that gives you £7000 of tickets for £4550?

Yeah, madness.

No - I mean giving the club owner who told you he was selling up last year, is under investigation by the EFL, and has just transferred ownership of the club to his wife, £4.5k of your money up front to cover the next 10+ years of watching Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

just a thought, is it on interest free finance with ten years to pay?

Don't know about that mate but there is an"admin fee" of a tenth if you wish to sell back to the club. Not bad eh a fee of £450-500 for a bit of admin.Thats how I read it on the FAQ's.

One thing that strikes me reading this thread is that some fans (as well as Chansiri) see getting to the Premier League as the be all and end all of Sheffield Wednesday.

Of course I think getting up, and staying in the Premier League should be a big priority for a club like ours but just seems to the owner and some fans that nothing else matters or is important at all. 

If the price of having a chance of going up is gambling financially in a big way and having to ask supporters to dig deeper and deeper into they life savings then to me is it really worth it? I don't even like Premier League football that much.

49 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Another thought on this is that those who take it up are tied in for more than just the season.

Customer retention is key

Customer retention of Family patrons, middle to higher income who bring along wives/Husbands/Chlildren, the very people who generate higher commercial activity.  

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Another thought on this is that those who take it up are tied in for more than just the season.

But you aren't going to use it if you aren't a regular ST holder surely so it won't be transformational. I can't see a casual fan deciding this is such a great deal they'll shell out five grand to become a ST holder. Plus aren't they marketing it as having reduced risk because you can sell it back to the club?  So you aren't tied in.  

12 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Customer retention of Family patrons, middle to higher income who bring along wives/Husbands/Chlildren, the very people who generate higher commercial activity.  

Modern football eh?  And we wonder why Hillsborough is like a flipping morgue.  There's fizz all additional commercial income to be had given how we're run. This is a short term cash flow fix. 

21 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

One thing that strikes me reading this thread is that some fans (as well as Chansiri) see getting to the Premier League as the be all and end all of Sheffield Wednesday.

Of course I think getting up, and staying in the Premier League should be a big priority for a club like ours but just seems to the owner and some fans that nothing else matters or is important at all. 

If the price of having a chance of going up is gambling financially in a big way and having to ask supporters to dig deeper and deeper into they life savings then to me is it really worth it? I don't even like Premier League football that much.

Going up has to be the aim or else whats the point?

The way the club are trying to go about it however, leaves a lot to be desired!!

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

As opposed to supporters that go from one club to another???

99.9% of supporters are tied in for life  - just struggle to afford to get in at the minute!