10 year season tickets!

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Well that is how I would be accounting for it - its basically an interest free loan until we get promoted and then you would allocate as income once the condition is fulfilled. So hardly going to impact on revenue in the FFP calcs unless we are getting Bob's magic calculator out 

It would be truly worrying if this was for cash flow reasons 

But if it's not going to benefit FFP if it's not cashflow - what is the point of it. 

Going to see how many clients will pay my fees 10 years up front 

Problem is the condition of promotion is not when you start to benefit is from next year's ticket, then how do you factor in the right to sell the ticket back to the club in any given year if you choose to?

Also your clients would pay for 10 years and get their next 15 years minimum inclded

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

42 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Mk.. I had accountants for a reason.. can you do a "layman's"?

Well I guess you understand that a season ticket for the 20/21 season paid for now - is allocated accounting wise to those accounts not this years. 

A 3 year season ticket over 3 seasons - to get technical that is not necessarily ÷ by 3 as you can go all fancy with net present value calcs

This one the complication  is when do you start the 10 year allocation. Is it really a loan. 

You have to follow the technical guidance on this (FRS 102) but good luck on working this out 

Seems like a very good deal to me, assuming you have 5 or 6k burning a hole in ya pocket.

If you haven't then you wont get one, if you have but don't want one, don't get one.

But for the club, sombody's up to summat...or needs a big bung sharpish.

Don't forget prem clubs could let fans in for free and it wouldn't make a dent in the mega bucks on offer....someone once told me:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Because of bonus years if promoted in next 5 years if you buy one of these you get a minimum of 15 years season ticket

For example in promoted is in:

Year 1 get 10 years plus 5 bonus = total 15 years tickets

Year 2 get year 1 in championship then 10 years plus 4 bonus = 15 years tickets

Year 

If not promoted until 6 years then get next 6 years plus 10 years = 16 years season tickets

After 7 years would be 17 years tickets included.....

So if we never went up 25 year season ticket ??

15 years plus 10 free??

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It’ll make the FFP figures worse won’t it - assuming it’s current ST holders who take it up. 

Surely that means it is most likely to be cash flow related. 

Ironically yes I can see that 

If the latter then well make your own judgement. Its effectively an unsecured loan to a company that has just transferred out it's only tangible asset of value. 

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Well I guess you understand that a season ticket for the 20/21 season paid for now - is allocated accounting wise to those accounts not this years. 

A 3 year season ticket over 3 seasons - to get technical that is not necessarily ÷ by 3 as you can go all fancy with net present value calcs

This one the complication  is when do you start the 10 year allocation. Is it really a loan. 

You have to follow the technical guidance on this (FRS 102) but good luck on working this out 

The "loan" would be a mortgage in this matter without security... surely?

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Ironically yes I can see that 

If the latter then well make your own judgement. Its effectively an unsecured loan to a company that has just transferred out it's only tangible asset of value. 

Why would you wait for promotion to start allocation though? 

In essence the club is selling the right to a free season ticket until the later of 15 years from purchase or 10 years from the date the club is first promoted to the premier League.

You are also giving the purchaser the right to "sell" any of those free tickets back to the club in any year at 1/10 of the purchase cost (less administration charge)

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The "loan" would be a mortgage in this matter without security... surely?

As I say accounting wise they will have to rewrite the technical guidance. 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

The big problem is we are stuck because who would buy us with all, the forward season ticket sales accounted for? Even before this idea?  That’s not taking I to account t how badly the commercial department in general looks 
If he doesn’t get us success and I will stick out my neck and say this year. We are well and truly up the creek without a paddle. 

Have a big spliff and pretend you support Barcelona and Blondie's licking your d*ck... it'll get you through the night..

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Why would you wait for promotion to start allocation though? 

In essence the club is selling the right to a free season ticket until the later of 15 years from purchase or 10 years from the date the club is first promoted to the premier League.

You are also giving the purchaser the right to "sell" any of those free tickets back to the club in any year at 1/10 of the purchase cost (less administration charge)

The fact you could sell this back adds a layer of further complexity to this in truth 

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

The big problem is we are stuck because who would buy us with all, the forward season ticket sales accounted for? Even before this idea?  That’s not taking I to account t how badly the commercial department in general looks 
If he doesn’t get us success and I will stick out my neck and say this year. We are well and truly up the creek without a paddle. 

Jeez imagine doing the due diligence and financial projections with this curve ball to factor in