10 year season tickets!

14 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

so we risk the e tire clubs future on a gamble.  Great problem solved, what could possibly go wrong ey lol 

Surely a football club gambles every day of its existence by spending money (wages and fees) on the speculation that a manager and a group of players have the ability to progress to a higher league.. that is football today

32 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

Yes because there is only one goal.. the premiership .. once there the financial rewards far out weigh what we receive now.

In the championship we are so close to that .. so I understand it feels like short term. For one second let’s believe we go up this or next season .. that’s all it takes

And if we don't go up? 

There is no planning. I thought DC would have learned by now this shiete or bust approach is risking the future of the club. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It’s the chairman’s money, he can do with it as he sees fit , the only way he sees a return on his investment is via promotion to the PL , can talk it round in circles all day long about making it a ‘semi viable business’ but that’s not how football works is it 

Actually he's asking for our money. This and the drastic early bird deadline smacks of wanting to get a significant amount of cash in quickly. It will have no positive FFP impact at all. What's it all about I wonder. 

14 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

well our fans seem to think not......

It’s  about time fans and the EFL and premier league did something baout it and stopped putting clubs at risk, I don’t give a throw how many people don’t agree or don’t like my views because all I’m concerned about is the club being here in 5/10/20/50 years. 

the problem is right there in the first 13 words of your comment. He can do what he likes. 
that’s what the efl and prem and uefa are supposed to stop , clubs being run into the ground, risks putting clubs out of business. Are the alarm bells not enough with Portsmouth? Darlington? Blackpool? Cove try? Bury? BOLTON? Macclesfield? 

the amount of support for our club running how it is now staggers me, it’s like our fans are still supporting it, making excuses for it. It’s staggers me tbh.

i have said it before and will say it again if our fans were sat in a burning inferno, no way out sat at a table with dynamite and drinking petrol we would sit their and still say “ it will be right” 

do you think you might have possibly exaggerated there?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

depends on the football club and which owners, if your happy for our club to gamble it’s existence for a shot at the prem then by all means fella , everyone is entitled to do what they want, but it isn’t a small risk, it is t even a medium risk, it’s not like us taking a punt on a player, a few million in the hope of us getting a gem who might have resale value or get us up.

we are are forward loading Finance and have been for 5 years, we are losing money hand over fist and still forward loading and having to set up sponsors, sell our ground, how long do you think that continues? Someone said it earlier in this thread it’s like a gambler chasing the losses. 

Our fan base have been dazzled with us throwing money at it. It’s now creating empathy for the club being run like a dogs dinner that was eaten and thrown up again. 
if our previous but one owner had done all of this he would have been lynched and rightly so!

im honestly not sure how any fan can’t see how dangerous this really is, I know we have a lingered blue and white specs being Wednesday fans but , we really are blind to the danger we are in.

why not sell some players ffs, or at least try, and I’m sure someone will come now and say ooh hi yeah we have t had offers or it isn’t easy.... well at least try, we have some very good players which could help sort so,e of the problems out with a decent sale value. 
stop fuckimg gambling and at least try and run a sustainable football club 

If Chansiri stopped taking the risks your essentially asking him to sit around in the football league on his losses,  run this club sustainably and you can kiss

goodbye to ever seeing the premier league barring some miracle like Sheff Utd have fell on with Wilder etc 

I don’t agree with everything that’s done, and I wish it wasn’t happening , but I can understand why it’s happening and that’s because of the Premier League and the stinking amount of money that’s available up there 

I dont mind Chansiri and the club having a gamble on getting promoted but it should be calculated risk.

I get the impression when we signed Winnall and Rhodes in the same week that it was never discussed what the plan was if we didn't go up in the play offs.

After we missed out then the club should have sold a player or two and balanced the books a bit. 

Putting out things like the 1867 Scheme and stockpiling players because we are 'One Big Family' was not just a mistake it was in my opinion incompetence.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

A
we should as fans be at least trying to hold our owner accountable and trying to rectify the problem by at least trying to get short and long term finances in some sort of order. but like I said the empathy to keep goi g like we are is still there people are still dreaming that the gamble will work then everything is reset. Even if we go up it isnt reset. Would it make short medium term easier Ofc it would but .....

B

We should sell players for the first thing , unfortunately most wont like or even accept we might have to sell  key players but again that goes back to what I was quoting, the attitude of it will be right, or we might go up this season..... 

it’s like we have accepted it’s ok to gamble. 
C

the other things we should do I have covered umpteen times in several threads, get the commercial side operating correctly, sell boxes, sell real sponsorship, improve the shops, improve the catering improve things that will bring in money. Look at more outside commercial ops. We could have been doing this for the past five years.

I have taken the liberty of dividing your post into A,B, and C.  

firstly to tackle A, and C how do we 'hold our owner accountable'?

onto B, the vast majority of the paying staff bought in under carvalhal were in their prime when bought and have little value.

to sell the likes of bannan, fletcher, reach and the likes (in a fire sale) will attract little revenue, and likely get us relegated.

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont mind Chansiri and the club having a gamble on getting promoted but it should be calculated risk.

I get the impression when we signed Winnall and Rhodes in the same week that it was never discussed what the plan was if we didn't go up in the play offs.

After we missed out then the club should have sold a player or two and balanced the books a bit. 

Putting out things like the 1867 Scheme and stockpiling players because we are 'One Big Family' was not just a mistake it was in my opinion incompetence.

Spot on mate 

• Thanks 1

Not sure what the big fuss is all about. There's not going to be that many sold and chansiri will know that., so clubs not in any more danger than before this was released. People need to calm down its probably just another scam for chansiri to put some more money into the club by buying a load for himself.

4 minutes ago, Owlinator said:

Not sure what the big fuss is all about. There's not going to be that many sold and chansiri will know that., so clubs not in any more danger than before this was released. People need to calm down its probably just another scam for chansiri to put some more money into the club by buying a load for himself.

Exactly. Mr Chansiri buys just 1,000 that's up to £6m into the club that wasn't there before. Sure helps us in the transfer window and of course our ongoing battle with the EFL!!

5 minutes ago, Owlinator said:

If 10,000 fans came forward for the tickets though as it is a great deal for a fan if the club is still in existence but a very bad deal for the long term future of the club.

Do you think DC would say no sorry only have 150 of these tickets to sell the other 9,850 people cannot have one take your £50m no thanks not wanted.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

of course it is.

it has for me come from the near on bankrupt club being taken over by MM, and with him keeping the cost as low as possible to attract a buyer little sheffield wednesday championship football knowledge was retained re;- experienced, knowledgeable people. 

thus when dc came in with just about zero experience in that field he formed (what I assumed was) a steering committee, it didn't last long, and I believe some english championship football knowledge was sadly missed after that point.

it appeared to be shitorbust, and sensible groundwork didn't appear to have been laid re-incoming finance, it is now the time that must be done, it is way too late, but better way too late, than never.

7 minutes ago, Owlinator said:

SSSSHHHHH!"

10 minutes ago, Owlinator said:

Agree must know given the quick deadline not many would actually be sold

42 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

depends on the football club and which owners, if your happy for our club to gamble it’s existence for a shot at the prem then by all means fella , everyone is entitled to do what they want, but it isn’t a small risk, it is t even a medium risk, it’s not like us taking a punt on a player, a few million in the hope of us getting a gem who might have resale value or get us up.

we are are forward loading Finance and have been for 5 years, we are losing money hand over fist and still forward loading and having to set up sponsors, sell our ground, how long do you think that continues? Someone said it earlier in this thread it’s like a gambler chasing the losses. I look and I can even see why our owner would gamble, it’s his only short term way out of the hole, otherwise it could be twenty thirty years of pain, but if his quick fix doesn’t work we as fans and the club could be in for a life time of pain.....

Our fan base have been dazzled with us throwing money at it. It’s now creating empathy for the club being run like a dogs dinner that was eaten and thrown up again. 
if our previous but one owner had done all of this he would have been lynched and rightly so!

im honestly not sure how any fan can’t see how dangerous this really is, I know we have a blinkered blue and white specs being Wednesday fans but , we really are blind to the danger we are in.

why not sell some players ffs, or at least try, and I’m sure someone will come now and say ooh yeah we have t had offers or it isn’t easy.... well at least try, we have some very good players which could help sort so,e of the problems out with a decent sale value. 
stop flipping gambling and at least try and run a sustainable football club 

I hear and acknowledge all your points... I really do.

The chairman has made some astonishing poor decisions but also occasionally there are signs that he recognises that funds need to come from bums on seats and not just his pocket. Which is why I applaud the 10 year season ticket idea. 

That aside, do I want to see our club sink under financial turmoil and mismanagement?

Of course not.

Do I want to see our club be successful?

yes of course I do .. we all do.

Is there a way of getting into the premiership without significantly more investment?

I honestly don’t know but I do know anything is possible in the Championship 

I’m surprised the answer to the “what happens if I pass away” question isn’t “For just the price of the remaining balance plus just a £1867 processing fee on the 10 season ticket, your loved ones have the exclusive chance to continue your legacy and attend the games on your behalf, plus a £5 entry fee for each game”