10 year season tickets!

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Modern football eh?  And we wonder why Hillsborough is like a flipping morgue.  There's fizz all additional commercial income to be had given how we're run. This is a short term cash flow fix. 

Not like when I worra younger chap. Ozzy Owl Club on matchday wi a yard of ale contest, comedian and even a lady who undressed herssen on stage. Re oppen 't club that'll gerrem in. Then outside on t'kop wi no roof in pouring rain....but we reigt lapped it up.

Sorry I'm rambling and longing for the days of yesteryear.  Never to be repeated I reckon.

4 minutes ago, torres said:

As opposed to supporters that go from one club to another???

99.9% of supporters are tied in for life  - just struggle to afford to get in at the minute!

No, as opposed to buying a ST off the back of a good year and not renewing following a poor year 

Just now, torres said:

The kind of supporter you just described would NEVER buy a 10 year one though would they?

They might do when they see the savings if they have the money.

55 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

plenty  of successful clubs have traded players. If you want to stay alive it’s how it works. Again why ask me about replacements surely if we were running correctly we would have been scouting players and buying and selling over the past 5 years, many clubs are very successful at this including a team everyone scoffs at Brentford who are punching well above their weight. And many more too. We haven’t trade since he got here we have simply stock piled every player. 

as for the fans yep you right and I stated that In y post, the empathy for him is still. Big which surprises me considering g what a mess we are in and the constant bizarre decisions we make but eyyy like I said there’s a reason we are attractive to rich owner/owners we have blinkered and blindly loyal fans. 
I also agree I’m sure our owner does understand the consequences to the gamble, but my question is and I’m sorry but this is how I feel why would he care about the consequences to us, the real stake holders, the fans the community? He didn’t know us a few years ago, there is t any real loyalty, he’s a business man who’s come in and took a huge gamble, if he really cared as much as some think wouldn’t he have done it steadily? Surely of our best interests were at heart it wouldn’t have mattered if it took a bit longer!?

i sincerely hope I’m wrong and I’m being too paranoid and he does the love us and our club, and listen if he was to go and sign a document tomorrow saying he guarantees to walk away from all his losses ke/ write off the loans money owed to us if it goes wrong and just sell the club at value of what we are worth without the money owed to him then I would go and personally apologise to him and kiss his hand. I’m 99.9999% certain that ain’t going to happen. 
I am not adverse to any owner of a football club gambling, but only if they guarantee they write off any losses they incur whilst not trying to run a sustainable club, and that would be my opinion on any club not just ours. 

the top end championship clubs hoping to go up don't sell their best players, my neighbour is a l**ds fan, every year he says IF we still had wood, we'd have gone up.

Brentford are outstanding true, but for every Brentford, there's a barnsley.

you and I are not, and nowhere near 'the real stakeholders' dc is, it's his money not ours, our money wasn't good enough to keep us from going out of business.

there have been mistakes made, he will likely know it as much as us, but needs to press on.

only a complete fool would go anywhere near your third paragraph, and he isn't one of them, it's more likely that some of us are.

22 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Not like when I worra younger chap. Ozzy Owl Club on matchday wi a yard of ale contest, comedian and even a lady who undressed herssen on stage. Re oppen 't club that'll gerrem in. Then outside on t'kop wi no roof in pouring rain....but we reigt lapped it up.

Sorry I'm rambling and longing for the days of yesteryear.  Never to be repeated I reckon.

Some of us had cushions back then.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, erowl said:

Don’t get why people think DC will take up an allocation of these to get money into the club? He won’t take a single one!

If he wanted to use his own funds why not just write an amount of debt off the club owes him to reduce liabilities?

Or just buy 10,000 half season tickets now, the money could be used immediately.

The 10 year ones we be apportioned per year, so are of no use for this season anyway.

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Apportioned over how many year's? 10? 15? 20? And how account for buy back option?

Our resident accountant suggests the income might be deferred until we reach the Premier League. Alternatively it can be phased over 15 years initially and then tweaked depending on the terms of sale. The buy back option is problematic rather than advantageous in accounting terms too. There is simply no way all the cash will all be allocated to this season.

2 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

It's a limited offer, very few real fans will take up the offer in any case.

Chansiri and the marketing team will know this.

I expect quite a few pretend fans will buy the majority.:rolleyes:

Just a smoke screen, calm down and have a beer.

lol

Oh great. Another grubby fiddle ?

Just what we needed.

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Modern football eh?  And we wonder why Hillsborough is like a flipping morgue.  There's fizz all additional commercial income to be had given how we're run. This is a short term cash flow fix. 

Its all short term, DCs plan is to go up this season, every season. He is sadly fast becoming a joke in my eyes

Well I guess I'm the sort of fan who these tickets are aimed at - middle aged so a fair chance of actually living to reap the minimum 15 year benefit (no guarantee of course but statistically likely), able to afford the cost, and I'll buy a season ticket every year anyway no matter how crap things get or what division we're in, I've had a season ticket for 39 years and if I live to be 87 and healthy enough to still be attending I'll have one for the next 39 years as well.

But I'm still not satisfied to commit right now because I've still got 4 years to run after this season on my existing 5 year ST so they expect me to pay for and own 2 STs concurrently for the next 4 seasons. If they were to refund me 80% of the £2.6k I paid for it so that the 10/15 year one only costs me less than £3k that's all well and good, but it seems unlikely - and if they say they'll tack the 10/15 years onto the expiry date in 2024 then I'm missing out on 4 "free" years if we don't get promoted in that time so that's not as appealing either. This "selling the ticket back to the club" for certain seasons seems a bit weird as well, as it means that the new ticket wouldn't even be for my existing seat.

Also for some perspective - my one off payment which gets me a seat for the next 15 years (minimum, if we don't get promoted it could be forever) would pay Jordan Rhodes' wages for less than 2 days...
  • Like 2