10 year season tickets!

26 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Exactly mate. Its financial suicide. 

From what we know, Chansiri is a pretty wealthy individual. 

I don't have any reason to doubt that...after all, he wastes money like someone who has too much. 

I'm guessing this is another "brilliant" way of trying to get around FFP? To allow us to spend more money etc? 

I understood that revenue generated from gate receipts accounted for approximately 20% of total revenue on average for a football club. The rest coming from sponsorship, advertising, player sales and TV money.

I don't know why people are getting so worked up. It's the other revenue streams that need to be addressed.

If people want to commit for that length of time that is up to them. It is a good deal but obviously carries some risk if the club goes under.

You can't blame Chansiri for looking at any opportunity to keep us afloat.

Edited by OwlBiSeeinThi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I understood that revenue generated from gate receipts accounted for approximately 20% of total revenue on average for a football club. The rest coming from sponsorship, advertising, player sales and TV money.

I don't know why people are getting so worked up. It's the other revenue streams that need to be addressed.

If people want to commit for that length of time that is up to them. It is a good deal but obviously carries some risk if the club goes under.

You can't blame Chansiri for looking at any opportunity to keep us afloat.

If this is what is required to "keep us afloat", then we might as well give it up now. 

Edited by SiJ

I have an idea... Let the consumer become the seller:

No limit to the amount of 10 year season tickets you can buy.

All I need to make this a success is for two of you to buy this phenomenal offer.

If you can then look at doing the same, and passing the offer on to two other people each, minimum. The more season tickets that are purchased, the more money Sheffield Wednesday are going to make

Plus the sellers can take a cut of the sales for their time and effort - we all make money

NB: This is not a pyramid scheme, invest today

How many of these season tickets will we need to sell to pay Jordan Rhodes and Sam Winnall Wages to not for the rest of this season.

If Rhodes and Winnall are £30,000 between them (I know its a lot more), there is 15 week left till the last game of the season so 30,000 x 15 week = £450,000 the highest tickets on the South cost £6,500 so we would only need to sell 70 tickets to over their wages till the end of this season.

Will we sell enough I wonder...…. :duntmatter:

Or we could get rid of both in January and save on them. 

2 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Very clever stuff from the club.

Financially, we are in desperate need of any instant cash injection as long as its legitimate - all the grief we have currently with the EFL this could help massively even if just in the short term.

Obviously the market for this will be quite small, I mean I don't have the cash or disposable income to buy one but like all clubs we will have fans who can afford this and will invest, think about retired/soon to retire fans too who may be getting pension payouts etc - i'd be keen to see what % of over 60/65's make up our actual match day attendance.

Alternatively, think of all the personal finance deals people take out to pay off cars/holidays etc, no reason why fans couldn't take out a loan for 5/6 years and pay off a 10, perhaps 15 year season ticket in that time, could potentially be a huge financial saving if you are planning to commit yourself for that long. As a quick example, you can borrow £4,500 over 5 years, and repay £96 a month...again if you can commit to the games would be excellent value for money.

Even if we only sold 500 of these at the AVG price (5,550), that's revenue of £2,775,000, if we sold 1000 that's £5,550,000 and in the short term that money could be very very valuable.

Interesting perspective that 

Im not sure how many would think about the loan - I think most may think I can’t afford, so I’ll not buy. But the loan payments for 100 a month is not expensive 

The offer is irrelevant to me but it's a good initiative for those that can afford it.

The positive for me is that it surely shows us that Chansiri is in this for the long term? It will devalue his investment and possibly make it harder for him to sell the club with this contractual agreement in place for any new owners.

I do wonder how many of these the club are expecting to sell. 500 would probably generate £2.5 million? Not a large amount in the grand scheme of things but it demonstrates Chansiri's intentions for the club to me; he knows he'll lose money year-on-year but he's prepared to cover that to get us to the Premier League at any cost.

I think he's finally realised that the fans do play a big part in helping finance this football club when it comes FFP, especially fans with large disposable incomes - and that's a market he's decided to concentrate on.  

3 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

The offer is irrelevant to me but it's a good initiative for those that can afford it.

The positive for me is that it surely shows us that Chansiri is in this for the long term? It will devalue his investment and possibly make it harder for him to sell the club with this contractual agreement in place for any new owners.

I do wonder how many of these the club are expecting to sell. 500 would probably generate £2.5 million? Not a large amount in the grand scheme of things but it demonstrates Chansiri's intentions for the club to me; he knows he'll lose money year-on-year but he's prepared to cover that to get us to the Premier League at any cost.

I think he's finally realised that the fans do play a big part in helping finance this football club when it comes FFP, especially fans with large disposable incomes - and that's a market he's decided to concentrate on.  

Not sure if this is a positive thing myself.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Very clever stuff from the club.

Financially, we are in desperate need of any instant cash injection as long as its legitimate - all the grief we have currently with the EFL this could help massively even if just in the short term.

Obviously the market for this will be quite small, I mean I don't have the cash or disposable income to buy one but like all clubs we will have fans who can afford this and will invest, think about retired/soon to retire fans too who may be getting pension payouts etc - i'd be keen to see what % of over 60/65's make up our actual match day attendance.

Alternatively, think of all the personal finance deals people take out to pay off cars/holidays etc, no reason why fans couldn't take out a loan for 5/6 years and pay off a 10, perhaps 15 year season ticket in that time, could potentially be a huge financial saving if you are planning to commit yourself for that long. As a quick example, you can borrow £4,500 over 5 years, and repay £96 a month...again if you can commit to the games would be excellent value for money.

Even if we only sold 500 of these at the AVG price (5,550), that's revenue of £2,775,000, if we sold 1000 that's £5,550,000 and in the short term that money could be very very valuable.

Put my two-penneth in and then read this, 100% agree!

There seems to be a much more structured approach to this than there was with the 1867 membership. They've identified a target market, created a very reasonable value proposition and are now delivering it. I know Chansiri has employed a few people behind the scenes to help with these kind of strategies so I hope it's a success.

Jeez. DC is damned if he do and damned if he don't.

This is one of many initiatives of what should be many revenue streams to the club.

It just seems to be another reason to criticise a chairman who is looking at any way to finance the club and keep the EFL off our backs.

Sometimes you have to speculate in the short term for long term gain.

At least the guy is aspiring to get promotion to the PL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, addedtime said:

But everything is geared to "short term" though isn't it?

Yes because there is only one goal.. the premiership .. once there the financial rewards far out weigh what we receive now.

In the championship we are so close to that .. so I understand it feels like short term. For one second let’s believe we go up this or next season .. that’s all it takes

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Do you see us getting promoted inside 5 years

As at current price the average season ticket is about £600 so 1,000 season ticket cost £600,000 each year the cost of these will go up, so in 5 years time the could be £700-800 a ticket. This will be lose revenue for the club, but we will assume £600,000 for simplicity

£5,550,000/600,000 = 9.25 years so if we are not promoted after 9 years we will lose money on this deal, but then the kicker is when we go up we will give fans 10 years free so £600,000 x 10 is £6m so this deal could end up costing the club a fortune to get a quick fix.

The idea is a very strange idea and sparks of a club in money problems - in reality the amount of people that have £4,500 - £6,000 to spend on a ticket is minimum - they will get more money in sending Rhodes on loan to Wigan for the derisory loan fee and a small proportion of his wages.

In answer to your initial question.

in 5 years? 

Yes absolutely I do

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

to not run the club like we are throwing our life savings on one number on a roulette table would be a start mate. 

It’s the chairman’s money, he can do with it as he sees fit , the only way he sees a return on his investment is via promotion to the PL , can talk it round in circles all day long about making it a ‘semi viable business’ but that’s not how football works is it