10 year season tickets!

This is like the old T-Mobile deal for free minutes and texts before free minutes and text were a thing. They thought it was a great ruse to get all their customer locked into these contracts then when they became massively loss making, they couldn't get the customers out of them.

They were left contracted to provide a loss making service ad infinitum.

For all that's been said about this deal, it's a great deal for fans but an absolute shocker for the club that can do nothing but harm.

All it will do is bring some cash in that can't be offset against FFP from current ST holders who would be renewing anyway. There's no upside and the downside is that we are potentially selling people a lifetime season ticket for a few grand.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, alanharper said:
Also for some perspective - my one off payment which gets me a seat for the next 15 years (minimum, if we don't get promoted it could be forever) would pay Jordan Rhodes' wages for less than 2 days...

And that in a nutshell sums up all that's wrong with football today.

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

so wait you do understand the difference between stakeholders and actual owners etc yeah? 

we are very much the “Real  stakeholders” mate, without us there isn’t a club for him to own or anyone for that matter.

as for Leeds fans. They sold their best striker last year and are in the top 2 by a decent margin this year, West Brom don’t have a problem after getting rid of Rondon, Rodriguez and Dawson last year either because they are in the top 2. Both them and Leeds are doing ok since after recruiting...... I could go back a decade or two with this but why waste time?

as for the third paragraph, your answer makes my point, he isn’t bothered about anything other than success and with that in mind if this gamble doesn’t pay off ( which I do t think it will) there will be a point where he could cut his losses without a second thought about the club or the fans. Or are you saying that’s not going to happen? Do you honestly think if in 5he next two years we don’t go up and he loses another 60/70 mill maybe more his concern is going to be about us fans or the club?

if it is then he’s one in a million. 

stop fooling yourself, you're not that important, on the scale of a 0-10 we are a full 0.

l**ds got shut of wood in 17, and have missed out ever since, anyway l**ds didn't have the numbers to sell that we'd have in an attempted firesale scramble to balance the books.

you can go back decades if you like, the way to get out of the championship isn't to sell your best players, unless you're going out at the dingle end of the table.

of course he'll cut his losses without giving us a second thought, i'd expect him to, everybody would do the same, he's a businessman, passionate football fans are generally not.

people with money approaching a football club do so as a business, if you don't like it when the next bloke is coming to look at the club shout 'F*** OFF WITH YER MONEY' as his limo. passes by.

you're a football fan and that's clear to see, but you're not a business man.

13 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

so therefor you must agree we are in a very dangerous situation right? Which means no I wasn’t over reacting. 

and again you have totally ignored my point regarding Leeds and West Brom being in the top 2 THIS YEAR. Leeds sold their best striker last season. West Brom sold Rodriguez ( there best striker last season ) and also rondon and their captain. 

your talking like it’s impossible to find new players. Where did we get bannan from? Where have we got borner and iorfa from? Absolute testicles you can t buy and sell every team does it apart from maybe the elite few in the world......

as for a fire sale again, I will state if we weren’t so recklessly gambling then we wouldn’t need a fire sale.

as for being 0 importance on your scale of 0-10. How do you think any business operates yet alone a football club who absolutely rely on a very precise loyal fan base? Not being funny, but I will say again I’m knot sure you understand  the roles of stake holders, there are about 6/7 stakeholders for any business , the owners, customers and staff are Imo and pretty much most successful business opinions too the most important.

if you think we as customers ( stakeholders ) are of no importance then it’s absolutely pointless me continuing the debate with you.

customers are probably equal of importance to actual owners in terms of stake holdings. Even more so in sport and especially football. 

I didn't ignore you l**ds striker, that's one sale, NOT the hugging of sales we'd need to make in an attempt to balance the books.

answer to firesale BUT WE HAVE ALREADY DONE IT, it's childish to say 'IF we hadn't done this, IF we hasn't done that...

he has rightfully or wrongfully ignored the fanbase, he has put prices up so far the average bloke has to think way more than twice before potg.

who are the stakeholders?

the only time he considers the fans is when cutting the price for an unattractive game, and even then he's rightfully thinking of himself and the club. you say I don't understand 'stakeholders' but it's very clear you don't understand money.

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

If 10,000 fans came forward for the tickets though as it is a great deal for a fan if the club is still in existence but a very bad deal for the long term future of the club.

Do you think DC would say no sorry only have 150 of these tickets to sell the other 9,850 people cannot have one take your £50m no thanks not wanted.

Thats a very big IF

45 minutes ago, modboy said:

Too many threads to read but...

If the club went into liquidation or were sold in the future would they still be valid?

Liquidation - I would think you would become an unsecured creditor. I don't think fans count as "football creditors" that always get sorted. 

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Too many threads to read but...

If the club went into liquidation or were sold in the future would they still be valid?

If we went into Liquidation ala what Leeds did a few years back the season ticket/10 year ticket holders would be creditors of the club so probably you would lose you money and your seat.

If we were sold it depends what is in the deal.