10 year season tickets!

8 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I trust the new EFL accountants will be busy scouring FRS 102 to try and work out how the f##k you allocate this between accounting periods for FFP 

Surely it will be treated as a deposit or bond not to be released in the financial statements until the criteria is met ala promotion to the premier league.

What I have not seen anywhere is though what happens if we get promoted then relegated do we have to wait till promotion again for the other 9 years lol

21 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Surely it will be treated as a deposit or bond not to be released in the financial statements until the criteria is met ala promotion to the premier league.

What I have not seen anywhere is though what happens if we get promoted then relegated do we have to wait till promotion again for the other 9 years lol

Really just need to read the FAQs it's very very straight forward.

If pomoted this year you are entitled to a season ticket for 15 years, all that getting promotion does is start the timer for the ticket to end it is not a 10 year in the premier League ticket, it's a contract where you get a season ticket in perpetuity until a period of between 10-15 years following the clubs first season in premier League after purchase.

Which is why allocation over accounting periods is a right head ache as could never end.  

Honestly thing this deal has been specifically designed to meet criteria to allocate all in year of purchase, the people who come up with this stuff are experts who Eran the mega bucks

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

If pomoted this year you are entitled to a season ticket for 15 years, all that getting promotion does is start the timer for the ticket to end it is not a 10 year in the premier League ticket, it's a contract where you get a season ticket in perpetuity until a period of between 10-15 years following the clubs first season in premier League after purchase.

That sounds like a conman on the doorstep in the sixties tbf..

25 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Well that is how I would be accounting for it - its basically an interest free loan until we get promoted and then you would allocate as income once the condition is fulfilled. So hardly going to impact on revenue in the FFP calcs unless we are getting Bob's magic calculator out 

It would be truly worrying if this was for cash flow reasons 

But if it's not going to benefit FFP if it's not cashflow - what is the point of it. 

Going to see how many clients will pay my fees 10 years up front 

11 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Which is why allocation over accounting periods is a right head ache as could never end.  

Honestly thing this deal has been specifically designed to meet criteria to allocate all in year of purchase, the people who come up with this stuff are experts who Eran the mega bucks

It’s a 15 year season ticket - minimum. There’s no way the money will all be allocated to next season. 

16 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

There's an article about this on BBC Sport now... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51129422

"The '10-year season ticket', described by the Championship club as "completely innovative", will cost up to £6,400.

Confusingly, the ticket will be valid for a minimum of 15 years."

Indeed, I don't get that part of it at all.

Because of bonus years if promoted in next 5 years if you buy one of these you get a minimum of 15 years season ticket

For example in promoted is in:

Year 1 get 10 years plus 5 bonus = total 15 years tickets

Year 2 get year 1 in championship then 10 years plus 4 bonus = 15 years tickets

Year 

If not promoted until 6 years then get next 6 years plus 10 years = 16 years season tickets

After 7 years would be 17 years tickets included.....

4 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

The more I try to understand this scheme the more I'm beginning to think that insurance companies are reputable institutions with their customers at heart.

This makes the last Labour manifesto seem like prudent financial planning mate 

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Well that is how I would be accounting for it - its basically an interest free loan until we get promoted and then you would allocate as income once the condition is fulfilled. So hardly going to impact on revenue in the FFP calcs unless we are getting Bob's magic calculator out 

It’ll make the FFP figures worse won’t it - assuming it’s current ST holders who take it up. 

Surely that means it is most likely to be cash flow related.