10 year season tickets!

46 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Its not laying into the club it is potentially putting the club existence at risk.

Lets say every fan bought one who is a season ticket - great the club get £100m in but cannot account for any of the money as we have not been promoted, until the criteria of the deal I.e. promotion to the premier league is met none of the money can be recognised in any financial statements.

Next season the club has no match day income, the season after the club has no match day income and so on until we get promotions, which will be even harder as we will probably get hit with a points deduction each season for the level of losses.

There’s only a limited number being made available.

£4550 at current prices, for a minimum of 15 years on the kop works out at £13.19 per game.

In real terms every year gets cheaper due to inflation tho.

Assuming inflation of 2% a year, in the 15th season the real terms price is £9.74 a game and even less the longer it takes beyond 15 years.

If it takes another 20 years to get promoted the 20th season would be equivalent to £6.60 per game.

Or dont buy one whether you can afford it or not, no harm done.

Apart from ffp etc, maybe he just senses we could do it soon being 6th and wants to gamble on some expensive loan players to get us as close as possible

Just saying like :ph34r:

It's a fantastic deal if you can afford it;. £303 max per season on the Kop and it could work out even cheaper. Pity they didn't do a 2 or 3 year finance package to cover it. Over 3 years it would work out at £30 per week and then free football for the following 12 years, maybe more.

Only problem is we will have fans praying we don't get promoted.

Good for the clubs finances too. Sell 1000 and we get £4.5M in the coffers.

Just now, McRightSide said:

Yes.

And I’m an expert in employer branding.

So...any questions to help you understand what I wrote or were you actually just not liking the fact someone was positive about it?

So you'd lay out £10/12 k of you're OWN money to help out two "undeserved" people in an excercise in "employer branding"?...2 things here.. you've never owned a business and if you have  I guarantee you haven't still got it...

• Haha 1

Stopped at page 7. This is a great deal but instead of reading it properly and looking at it objectively, a lot of our fan base decide to pile in with their pre set prejudices.

Hesitate to say it, but that way of thinking is why a lot of Sheffielders ain't got 5k spare in the first place.

If you are an ST holder who is gonna keep going rain or shine, and that's about 15,000 people, invest 5k now (with no risk as you can sell it back at any time) and you save at least 2k and probably a lot more. 

Some of the people on here...

The club are offering a range of season ticket deals for a range of budgets... You don't go on a estate agent website and criticise them for having million pound houses listed. If you can't afford the million pound house don't look at it, it's not for you.

There's a one year deal, the same as previous years.

"But the early bird deadline is two months earlier..." True, so instead of 12 months to save £455 you've had ten months, so at £37.92 per month (regular saving amount to pay for your season ticket) you might be £76 short... Or alternatively you've been blindsided by the fact that you need to pay for a new season ticket (breaking news: you'll have to pay for your new season ticket). If you've saved up monthly you could probably find £76, if you've not you're criticising the club for your inability to forward plan.

I think the ten year plan is a good idea, not many will take it up in which case the liability on the club to finance it moving forward won't be too onerous. If it proves more successful than expected then the club have the get out of jail free card of it being a limited offer ("Sorry, you missed out").

It's like anything - risk and reward. Do not invest money you cannot afford to lose... Same principal that should apply to every purchase you ever make, be it buying a banana or a million pound house.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

It reads like a loan to the club until we get promoted then you get a 10 year season ticket.

But in the meantime you still have to pay for a current season ticket as well for the season until we get promoted.

Or as it was called last year the 1867 club.

Not sure that's how it works? 

1 minute ago, Binky Griptite said:

Some of the people on here...

The club are offering a range of season ticket deals for a range of budgets... You don't go on a estate agent website and criticise them for having million pound houses listed. If you can't afford the million pound house don't look at it, it's not for you.

There's a one year deal, the same as previous years.

"But the early bird deadline is two months earlier..." True, so instead of 12 months to save £455 you've had ten months, so at £37.92 per month (regular saving amount to pay for your season ticket) you might be £76 short... Or alternatively you've been blindsided by the fact that you need to pay for a new season ticket (breaking news: you'll have to pay for your new season ticket). If you've saved up monthly you could probably find £76, if you've not you're criticising the club for your inability to forward plan.

I think the ten year plan is a good idea, not many will take it up in which case the liability on the club to finance it moving forward won't be too onerous. If it proves more successful than expected then the club have the get out of jail free card of it being a limited offer ("Sorry, you missed out").

It's like anything - risk and reward. Do not invest money you cannot afford to lose... Same principal that should apply to every purchase you ever make, be it buying a banana or a million pound house.

So.. it's alright if forum members comment on what's going off at the club is it?

Or do we have to get permission from a smart Alec like you with all the answers?

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

serious question from me too. 

employer branding? What do you call employer branding? What is your role?  I’m not being sarcastic by the way 

I don’t think my role is important - that’s personal information.

But essentially it’s the stories you can tell - due to your employer value proposition - that demonstrate who you are as an employer.

Purpose led marketing is a global mega trend. Consumers are making more and more buying choices based upon how the brands purpose aligns with their own.

Would be a really easy way to demonstrate that community, helping those in need and belief in the power of sport was part of your company DNA

Net result is more consumers due to closely aligned values.

Example: Patagonia’s purpose is all around sustainability. That goes from their culture, through their products and into their stories. Given the actual technical quality of their product, they are phenomenally successful and punching well above their weight. 

Example 2: even the most despicable companies are doing it. They know how important it is. Phillip Morris - who are the largest tobacco brand in the world and exist by getting kids into smoking are apparently striving for ‘a smoke free future’

Take a look at the drop down on their website: smoke free future and sustainable future both mentioned. 

https://www.pmi.com/our-transformation/delivering-a-smoke-free-future

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

The harsh reality is, this kind of money is not a lot of money to quite a few people. The ‘deal’ doesn’t worry me. The principle and reasons behind it does. 

This for me. If you can afford it it’s a good deal because long term it’s potentially very poor for the club - although it’s good for short term cash flow.

I’d rather we shelled out to encourage new fans and POTG people to give Hillsborough a kick up the arse rather than give extra largesse to those who can afford to shell out £5k plus. 

Just now, McRightSide said:

I don’t think my role is important - that’s personal information.

But essentially it’s the stories you can tell - due to your employer value proposition - that demonstrate who you are as an employer.

Purpose led marketing is a global mega trend. Consumers are making more and more buying choices based upon how the brands purpose aligns with their own.

Would be a really easy way to demonstrate that community, helping those in need and belief in the power of sport was part of your company DNA

Net result is more consumers due to closely aligned values.

Example: Patagonia’s purpose is all around sustainability. That goes from their culture, through their products and into their stories. Given the actual technical quality of their product, they are phenomenally successful and punching well above their weight. 

Example 2: even the most despicable companies are doing it. They know how important it is. Phillip Morris - who are the largest tobacco brand in the world and exist by getting kids into smoking are apparently striving for ‘a smoke free future’

Take a look at the drop down on their website: smoke free future and sustainable future both mentioned. 

https://www.pmi.com/our-transformation/delivering-a-smoke-free-future

Why can’t these companies just have been buying one year STs for deserving causes. Why will this additional scheme bring them in?