10 year season tickets!

6 minutes ago, southportdc said:

There's no prospect of selling enough of these tickets to do anything meaningful with a £39m loss.

Absolutely not .. but its one way combined with all the other wacky ideas that the club have come up with to try and alleviate P&S struggles

Just now, oz_owl said:

It's a limited deal.  So every season ticket holder, even if they wanted to, wouldn't be able to take up the offer.  So there will always be people buying single year tickets.

Lets hope so or we will go bust very quickly.

12 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

Seems quite a few are willfully misunderstanding this offer or seeing the 10 year headline and assuming that's all it is without checking the detail.

As I read it it's a lump sum to get your seat for 10 years once we are promoted to the premier league. If we don't get promoted in sat 15 years time then with this you'll have 15 years free season tickets and only then will the 10 years paid for kick in.

Even if we are promoted this year you'll get 15 years for that price as they're offering 5 bonus years in that scenario on a decreasing scale if we get promoted in the next 5 years so it's a minimum of 15 years season tickets for the price of 10 at this year's prices.

Thats actually a really good deal if you've got that kind of money lying around and also expect to be getting an ST for the next 15 years. They've also built in the ability to sell it back season by season if your circumstances change for the original season purchase price. 

The reaction in this thread is just the default anti Chansiri stance from most without actually looking at the full detail but in reality IMO this is a good offer for those in the circumstances to be able to take advantage.....and there is the major issue with this. I doubt very much there are enough people who have both the amount of cash required up front and the level of commitment to the club to take this up. Some will and good luck to them, but this seems a bit to niche to make enough money to make a difference.

The other issue is with the longer term stability of the club and worries as to whether or not this will be fully honoured in the future. An single sentence at the end saying any future owner would have to honour the agreement doesn't quite cut it I'm afraid.

Fair play for the attempt to get more cash into the club up front, this is on paper at least a decent attempt, in reality however I just can't see it having a big enough uptake.

Finally someone who understands the actual offer. 

Let's be realistic we are due a points deduction so if it isn't sorted this year then it will probably be next hence promotion would be unlikely. On top of this we have a lot of players out of contract shortly so again aiming for promotion on effectively a new team would again seem unlikely. We have had one of better squads in this division for some time but yet we are still here so who's to say we will be promoted anytime soon meaning this could turn out to be a very good deal long term. I don't for one minute think Chansiri will be here in 10-15 years but I do trust that this offer would be carried forward.

The long and short of it is that you are getting a minimum of 15 years on this year's price which essentially is a good deal. 

As a number have said already if you have or can get hold of the money and you think you will be here in 15-20 years then I would be snapping their hand off.

3 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Absolutely not .. but its one way combined with all the other wacky ideas that the club have come up with to try and alleviate P&S struggles

But assuming all the people buying them would buy a ST anyway it doesn't alleviate P&S struggles. This is a cash flow thing.

3 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

But it cannot be used because the criteria before its is allowed as income in the accounts is promotion to the premier league. 

So the knock on affect of fans who would buy season tickets buying one of these tickets instead it will actually make the P&S Situation worst by reducing our income next year and every year until we get promoted.

3 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

If they'd just let Mr C spend his money we wouldn't have to deal with all this crap every year.

the other teams in the league seem to find ways to get around the issue.

He could maybe sell a player or get of the millions being wasted each year on Rhodes, Winnall, Fessi and the rest sat in the stands but instead forget it is better for the fans to pay for everything.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

But it cannot be used because the criteria before its is allowed as income in the accounts is promotion to the premier league. 

So the knock on affect of fans who would buy season tickets buying one of these tickets instead it will actually make the P&S Situation worst by reducing our income next year and every year until we get promoted.

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

But assuming all the people buying them would buy a ST anyway it doesn't alleviate P&S struggles. This is a cash flow thing.

I've no idea, i'm just making assumptions because its such a wacky idea ..

Its great value for money, but as I put, it could turn out to be a massive risk for all involved but then it depends how many there are for sale?

Cash flow problem, P&S, money laundering, loaning the club money

God knows!

Not read all the comments as this thread was 10 pages long when I got here.

The way how I see it is if you can afford a 10 year season ticket then great, if not then the prices have been frozen for 1 year tickets next season so that’s good too.

I’m sure there’ll be fans who see this as an opportunity to lay into the club and slate DC but we are where we are with regards to finances and at least he’s trying new ideas to raise finances while delivering value to those fans who can afford it.

Fair play to him I say.

1 minute ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I've no idea, i'm just making assumptions because its such a wacky idea ..

Its great value for money, but as I put, it could turn out to be a massive risk for all involved but then it depends how many there are for sale?

Cash flow problem, P&S, money laundering, loaning the club money

God knows!

It sparks of DC has no money. Which considering he got £4m from Newcastle and £6m for Joao on top of the income he normally gets each season god knows where it has been wasted this season.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Not read all the comments as this thread was 10 pages long when I got here.

The way how I see it is if you can afford a 10 year season ticket then great, if not then the prices have been frozen for 1 year tickets next season so that’s good too.

I’m sure there’ll be fans who see this as an opportunity to lay into the club and slate DC but we are where we are with regards to finances and at least he’s trying new ideas to raise finances while delivering value to those fans who can afford it.

Fair play to him I say.

But we have always been told that finance for Mr Chansiri is not an issue...so it is legitimate to wonder why a supposedly cash rich business owner would propose such a scheme.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It sparks of DC has no money. Which considering he got £4m from Newcastle and £6m for Joao on top of the income he normally gets each season god knows where it has been wasted this season.

Nobody's ever confirmed we got anything from Newcastle, intact I'm sure it's not even been resolved yet.

We didn't get £6m for Joao, we got £850k upfront then the rest of the fee is add ons over his contract length. Which works out at just over £1.2m per year.

It’s not as if we are short of empty seats that he is attempting to get a few quid for....

Tv money, if the whole game hasn’t imploded by then, will the clubs income if we get to the PL.

Income from tickets will small change by then.