10 year season tickets!

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Again how many year's would you put this over in the accounts then? More there is no maximum period for these sales 

At the beginning 15 years. There’s no argument about that. After five years it becomes more complicated. 

Just now, McRightSide said:

Err that seems like you’re calling me a flat out liar...you know, given the fact you even asked me the question earlier

I guess we’ll add selective memory alongside the reading ability 

I'll pm you my last 5 years accounts with my name and address redacted.. then you can see how I got on without "employer value"...if you extend me yours.. I've sold the company but you will see it was mine.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Well if the owner had taken you on 5 years ago he'd have gained 2 qualities that he seems to lack.. but no..the fans are stupid for not taking any of his schemes up... you strike me as insufferably smug btw..

You're entitled to that opinion even if I feel you're wrong.

Out of interest what part of my posts is smug? I'm made no pretence of being able to afford the ten year deal (I can't); I've simply pointed out facts:

- There's no point looking at a deal that you can't afford

- You buy a season ticket every season (or you don't) therefore if you can't afford to pay a lump sum at short notice it's good practice to save up for it over time

If either of those points cause offence then I wholeheartedly apologise.

Just now, Binky Griptite said:

You're entitled to that opinion even if I feel you're wrong.

Out of interest what part of my posts is smug? I'm made no pretence of being able to afford the ten year deal (I can't); I've simply pointed out facts:

- There's no point looking at a deal that you can't afford

- You buy a season ticket every season (or you don't) therefore if you can't afford to pay a lump sum at short notice it's good practice to save up for it over time

If either of those points cause offence then I wholeheartedly apologise.

You haven't caused me any offence.

Would you agree that following your team should be affordable without a credit element?

Would you agree that many other clubs make following their team affordable?

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I'll pm you my last 5 years accounts with my name and address redacted.. then you can see how I got on without "employer value"...if you extend me yours.. I've sold the company but you will see it was mine.

Please dont

i really don’t care.

keep deflecting though

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Again with all due respect any small business trying to garner this sort of approach of long term purpose led brand building willing to do it by paying 10k for this sort of thing won’t be around for long. 

I get it works, trust me I’m in the game I follow trends very closely it’s my living, im often introducing and speaking about new ideas to agencies I work with but the examples you gave are large companies what hundreds of million turnover? The coat company you mentioned?

everything ends to be scaled as you said so a small business supporting a local scheme or a certain value yes it will work, but spunking 10k on a couple of season tickets meh, I wouldn’t want to think I was advising anyone under a turnover of a million to go down a route of corporate giveaways and even that size would be a push. 

Again

Depends on your strategy 

Tons of firms use locally sourced product, local jobs as their purpose messaging

Many ways to skin a cat, but totally get that you have your tried and trusted methods...as do I

Edited by McRightSide

Name needs changing, summat like. 

"15 year at least ( unless we don't go up then it could be infinite) for the price of 10 year season ticket"

If I was in my 20s and loaded I'd definatly have one but being 48 over weight, drink like a fish and not to long ago packed  a 30 year smoking habit in think I'll pass

What irks is this club has a great core support. About 20,000 season ticket holders and we consistently get some of the highest attendances in the division despite the lack of success.

And yet schemes like this just scream of the club trying to exploit that loyalty one more time. They've tried it before with club 1867 and all the other nonsense.

Why not just run the club properly. Buy and sell players. Perhaps put some money into making Hillsborough look slightly less archaic? 

But no, the club has to come up with another hare-brained ticket scheme. 

• Thanks 1

Started reading about it

Ridiculously confusing

Completely irrelevant for the vast majority of supporters

Does nothing to entice new fans in

Feels like a doomed plan... or at least one that wont make any inroads into improving our finances... which it what I assume it was done for

But - its not for me - good luck to the club and hope it takes off.

Please though, can't we just have a simple, enticing season ticket plan that doesn't require a bad explanation and zillion page Q&A every year?

2 hours ago, southportdc said:

Nope. Doesn't start until we get promoted. So if we aren't promoted in 10 years, you've still got the next x years until we are promoted plus 10 years left on your ticket.

It's an amazing deal if (1) you have the money and (2) we're not promoted for a few more years. 

Don't forget the bonus years if we get primo in the next 5 years.

3 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Started reading about it

Ridiculously confusing

Completely irrelevant for the vast majority of supporters

Does nothing to entice new fans in

Feels like a doomed plan... or at least one that wont make any inroads into improving our finances... which it what I assume it was done for

But - its not for me - good luck to the club and hope it takes off.

Please though, can't we just have a simple, enticing season ticket plan that doesn't require a bad explanation and zillion page Q&A every year?

Have you seen the other thread?

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

What irks is this club has a great core support. About 20,000 season ticket holders and we consistently get some of the highest attendances in the division despite the lack of success.

And yet schemes like this just scream of the club trying to exploit that loyalty one more time. They've tried it before with club 1867 and all the other nonsense.

Why not just run the club properly. Buy and sell players. Perhaps put some money into making Hillsborough look slightly less archaic? 

But no, the club has to come up with another hare-brained ticket scheme. 

Absolutely this.

Playing on our sheer blind loyalty as fans of this club is now really starting to grind. How much more can we do?! We’ve done everything and accepted all that has been asked of us, but there has got to a be a point where enough is truly enough. 

And now we’re being courted with the idea of having to stump £4.5k in one of the most deprived parts of the county just shows how out of touch DC is.

25 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Your misunderstanding the deal, the  PL think only starts the clock running for the end of the deal.

Why is it not supplied until PL football is provided?

Between now and that point you get a season ticket every year

Why is not supplied until PL football is provided? 

Because it is explained as a 10 year season ticket that will not commence until the club are promoted. The years prior to that are presented as being FOC.