10 year season tickets!

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

Not read all the comments as this thread was 10 pages long when I got here.

The way how I see it is if you can afford a 10 year season ticket then great, if not then the prices have been frozen for 1 year tickets next season so that’s good too.

I’m sure there’ll be fans who see this as an opportunity to lay into the club and slate DC but we are where we are with regards to finances and at least he’s trying new ideas to raise finances while delivering value to those fans who can afford it.

Fair play to him I say.

Its not laying into the club it is potentially putting the club existence at risk.

Lets say every fan bought one who is a season ticket - great the club get £100m in but cannot account for any of the money as we have not been promoted, until the criteria of the deal I.e. promotion to the premier league is met none of the money can be recognised in any financial statements.

Next season the club has no match day income, the season after the club has no match day income and so on until we get promotions, which will be even harder as we will probably get hit with a points deduction each season for the level of losses.

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Why is there, if every season ticket fans who would buy a ticket anyway decide to then that money not in the accounts next year, every 2,000 fans that take the deal the club loses £1m of season ticket sales next year (using average price of £500).

We are already struggling with the losses limits and now the club want to increase the losses each year to get some quick cash in.

Has DC no money as this sparks more of desperation - like in days of old when season tickets were sold in January to help pay the bills over the summer (like we used to do)

It's a sensible offer and good value if you can afford it.

Key is it's limited availability

So yes if sold 2000 then would lose £1m a year after this year, but in grand scheme of things £1m not going to make a massive difference to FFP position.

However, on flip side those 2000 sales could bring in £10m which could make a big difference to this year's FFP losses And potential for next year's budget.

For example in 2019 accounts posted profit of £2m

If with this extra £10m income and reduced wage bill we posted a loss of say £12m then for FFP in the 20/21 year the previous 2 years FFP loss would only be £10m. 

Given the FFP is a rolling 3 year period could give club room to maneuver next year as would be able to post losses of upto £29m and be within FFP limits.

This year is vital to take advantage of the profit included last year.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Its not laying into the club it is potentially putting the club existence at risk.

Lets say every fan bought one who is a season ticket - great the club get £100m in but cannot account for any of the money as we have not been promoted, until the criteria of the deal I.e. promotion to the premier league is met none of the money can be recognised in any financial statements.

Next season the club has no match day income, the season after the club has no match day income and so on until we get promotions, which will be even harder as we will probably get hit with a points deduction each season for the level of losses.

You’ve spun this a few times now, despite a few people pointing out it’s a LIMITED offer. Even if it wasn’t, how many Owls fans do you think could put there hands on £4.5k in the next 4 weeks ?

You’re just scaremongering for some reason....

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Why do you continually ignore the fact that it's stated as a limited offer, just to support your own negative stance?  Every fan will not buy it.  Even if every fan was in a financial position to take up the offer, the club has pretty clearly stated that wouldn't be allowed to happen.

So your conclusion is shaky at best, given the false starting point.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

“Limited availability”

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Not read all the comments as this thread was 10 pages long when I got here.

The way how I see it is if you can afford a 10 year season ticket then great, if not then the prices have been frozen for 1 year tickets next season so that’s good too.

I’m sure there’ll be fans who see this as an opportunity to lay into the club and slate DC but we are where we are with regards to finances and at least he’s trying new ideas to raise finances while delivering value to those fans who can afford it.

Fair play to him I say.

I respect your view but I believe this is almost certainly a hairbrained idea that fortunately not enough people will go for. 

Far better strategy to reduce season ticket prices and bring pay on the gate prices to get more people in. Reduce season ticket prices by 20% to get 25% more sold and more people in Hillsborough spending money. 

Even if by some miracle this takes off, where is all this cash injection going? This years accounts? What happens after 2 years if we don't go up? Massive FFP penalties or a shytehouse squad with no hope of promotion. We'd end up with 1000s of disgruntled fans watching league one football for their large four figure investment.

How are we appealing to new fans young and new to the city, where are these new fans going to come from because at the moment they're all off to anywhere but Hillsborough. 

I think this is fine .

its a niche idea which maybe 600 or so fans might go for , being young and with decent earnings. Good for them.

for those posting from their hospital beds in Sydney, still wearing their Chapman Finlux kit as the next dose of morphine winds its way into their veins to make their. Imminent decline as comfortable as

possible, this deal is probably not for you.

10 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Totally weird...why would a supposedly cash rich business owner need to come up with schemes such as this?

Because of the leagues totally weird FFP rules 

2 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

All joke should aside, this ‘initiative’ is as concerning as it is ridiculous IMO.

This particular hair-brained scheme indicates that we’re needing to get quick cash into the club.  Perhaps we’re in a spot of bother financially.

It's about getting extra cash into this year's accounts to make the rolling FFP going forward look a lot better

1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

All joke should aside, this ‘initiative’ is as concerning as it is ridiculous IMO.

This particular hair-brained scheme indicates that we’re needing to get quick cash into the club.  Perhaps we’re in a spot of bother financially.

Well, we know we're in a spot of bother because we had to sell the stadium to wiggle out of FFP issues.  Or we're not in any bother because hey, we've sold our stadium for a load of cash!

I doubt this scheme makes much of a difference either way - at best you're looking at a couple of million, and I reckon it's going to generate maybe half of that or less.

Anyone’s who’s got the ££££ that’s a very worthwhile deal , and LIMITED offer so why people are selling it as owt else is a bit bizarre 

2 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

But we have always been told that finance for Mr Chansiri is not an issue...so it is legitimate to wonder why a supposedly cash rich business owner would propose such a scheme.

Finance isn't an issue for Mr Chansiri, its the fact he isn't allowed to put more than a certain amount in therefore money needs to be raised through the club i.e. player sales, season tickets, merchandise etc. If he had the choice I am sure he would have already put more in on top of everything else. 

I would be surprised if this limited availability is anything more than 2000 thus meaning he would be losing a million a year on season tickets (avg. £500). That is manageable now and going forward on the assumption this (limited to 2k) would raise £11million (avg. 5500). Also take into account the expiring contracts and wage bill decreasing, I would be slightly optimistic that we will hopefully be going forward on a more stable footing once this charge/fine/deduction is sorted out.

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

My only query around what you've said and few others have too .. how can it put the club at risk when we don't know how much the numbers are for this? Its a LIMITED OFFER

Could only be what, 1000? (initial £4.55m) Maybe less, maybe more

Guest Ferkorf

Just when I thought it couldn't get any crazier down Hillsborough, Chansiri comes out with this corker.

I'd love to see our lasses face it I just waxed 4.5k on this lol