10 year season tickets!

Just now, room0035 said:

But none of the cash can be released into the account until the criteria's are met being promotion to the premier league so the club will have to hold the money and not use it like a landlord with a deposit until the criteria being promotion is achieve.

his is no way help P&S and potential makes it even worse as the club will have less revenue coming in each season from ticket sales and POTG will be zero sales.

I honestly cannot see anything good coming from this than our club eventually going bust and each season until then we will break P&S rule getting a points deduction and no promotion.

They can spend it - it's how they account for it that will be an issue. Hopefully we won't sell many and like Club 1867 it's an irrelevance. 

On the plus side, this is a fantastic deal for long serving fans or those that will be present for many years to come …

Imagine if we don’t get promoted for say 5-10 years, that’s 5-10 years of free season tickets, then the countdown begins and you’ll get 10 seasons at £445

On the negative side, having to stump up that amount of cash and with no finance available, he really is looking at the select few that are willing to basically fund the club for next season and to help offset with P&S and whatever other financial woes we are suffering from … and also what if we don't get promoted? Or relegated? Or he sells the club? Or prices change for the better/worse? etc etc

It’s a good idea but also a bad one at the same time .. if that is possible!

So much risk for all involved, fans and the club!

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

do you honestly think trying to raise cash upfront at the neglect of long term business planning for our clubs future is fair play? 

The way we are heading is suicidal. Luckily we will only have a few foolish enough to do it. 

the reactions aren’t purely anti Chansiri without understanding, if you get a season ticket and everything goes great it’s fantastic for the fans if you can afford it and we don’t go busto or have ownership problems. 
it ai t so great for the clubs finances, which is more important for the long term of keeping our club alive. 

You were moaning about it on the (completely wrong) basis that it didn't start until we get promoted and you'd have to buy a season ticket for the intervening years a few minutes ago, so it really does seem like you're just going to complain about it no matter what. 

5 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

Seems quite a few are willfully misunderstanding this offer or seeing the 10 year headline and assuming that's all it is without checking the detail.

As I read it it's a lump sum to get your seat for 10 years once we are promoted to the premier league. If we don't get promoted in sat 15 years time then with this you'll have 15 years free season tickets and only then will the 10 years paid for kick in.

Even if we are promoted this year you'll get 15 years for that price as they're offering 5 bonus years in that scenario on a decreasing scale if we get promoted in the next 5 years so it's a minimum of 15 years season tickets for the price of 10 at this year's prices.

Thats actually a really good deal if you've got that kind of money lying around and also expect to be getting an ST for the next 15 years. They've also built in the ability to sell it back season by season if your circumstances change for the original season purchase price. 

The reaction in this thread is just the default anti Chansiri stance from most without actually looking at the full detail but in reality IMO this is a good offer for those in the circumstances to be able to take advantage.....and there is the major issue with this. I doubt very much there are enough people who have both the amount of cash required up front and the level of commitment to the club to take this up. Some will and good luck to them, but this seems a bit to niche to make enough money to make a difference.

The other issue is with the longer term stability of the club and worries as to whether or not this will be fully honoured in the future. An single sentence at the end saying any future owner would have to honour the agreement doesn't quite cut it I'm afraid.

Fair play for the attempt to get more cash into the club up front, this is on paper at least a decent attempt, in reality however I just can't see it having a big enough uptake.

Its the way I am reading it and that's what worries me.

We are losing £20m a season with £10m in season ticket sales - if next season all the fans take this deal up our income from season tickets next season will not be £10m but nil so our lose is then up to £30m a year and each and every season we will get a point reduction.

BECAUSE - Under accounting rule the club cannot account for any of the money until the criteria of the transaction is met that being promotion to the premier league. So all we are doing is loan the club money hoping they get promotion to the premier league.

Just now, smhouston said:

It's just an attempt to quickly try raise cash for us to invest in a promotion push this season though because DC not allowed to invest anything

But this is not about this season - it's about the next 15 at least. The revenue will have to be spread out when it comes to working out how much he can invest under P&S rules. What it might mean is hasn't got any cash to put in now and is trying to raise it from the fans. 

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

They can spend it - it's how they account for it that will be an issue. Hopefully we won't sell many and like Club 1867 it's an irrelevance. 

If all fans take this up because it is a good deal for fans we will be hit with a point deduction as next season our season ticket sales will be nil as none of the money can be recognised in the accounts until we get promoted.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

We are losing £20m a season with £10m in season ticket sales - if next season all the fans take this deal up our income from season tickets next season will not be £10m but nil so our lose is then up to £30m a year and each and every season we will get a point reduction

Probably the reason for the 'very limited availability'

In 10 years time if we're still not promoted to the Premier League (which could easily happen) then the club would have no income from season tickets ongoing, it would rely on owner investment and POTG fans. 

Why would our fanbase want to potentially put the club in that position? 

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Its the way I am reading it and that's what worries me.

We are losing £20m a season with £10m in season ticket sales - if next season all the fans take this deal up our income from season tickets next season will not be £10m but nil so our lose is then up to £30m a year and each and every season we will get a point reduction.

BECAUSE - Under accounting rule the club cannot account for any of the money until the criteria of the transaction is met that being promotion to the premier league. So all we are doing is loan the club money hoping they get promotion to the premier league.

They've said it's a limited deal, so there's little chance of the income from season tickets reducing to nil.  Plus, they will fully understand that not many of the people who buy a year on year ticket can afford an outlay of 10 years at once.

Edited by oz_owl

9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And in 10 years the club would be effectively income free apart from POTG, TV money, pies and scarves!

But from my idea I would buy the club, invest and win the Prem

Edited by flo
  • Haha 1

Worrying someone’s willing to sacrifice 10 years minimum of income per year for a gamble right now. 

Thank god I don’t think we will sell many of these. Anyone who can afford one, I hope your smart enough to not go through with this offer for the benefit of the club and not yourself. 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

eh? Where did I mention anything about us getting promoted or when it started????
for me it’s slightly dafter than the 1867 testicles we came up with and very risky for fans who invest and for the long  term of our club if we get take up ( which we won’t) I also think it would consolidate lomg term high potg pricing which is a huge problem for trying to bring in future fans who are t die hard supporters and I could probably argue another dozen or two reasons........

but not sure where You came up with the other stuff I’m supposed to have said??

Wrong person, sorry.

Just now, oz_owl said:

They've said it's a limited deal, so there's little chance of the income from season tickets reducing to nil.

Why is there, if every season ticket fans who would buy a ticket anyway decide to then that money not in the accounts next year, every 2,000 fans that take the deal the club loses £1m of season ticket sales next year (using average price of £500).

We are already struggling with the losses limits and now the club want to increase the losses each year to get some quick cash in.

Has DC no money as this sparks more of desperation - like in days of old when season tickets were sold in January to help pay the bills over the summer (like we used to do)

Just now, room0035 said:

Why is there, if every season ticket fans who would buy a ticket anyway decide to then that money not in the accounts next year, every 2,000 fans that take the deal the club loses £1m of season ticket sales next year (using average price of £500).

We are already struggling with the losses limits and now the club want to increase the losses each year to get some quick cash in.

Has DC no money as this sparks more of desperation - like in days of old when season tickets were sold in January to help pay the bills over the summer (like we used to do)

It's a limited deal.  So every season ticket holder, even if they wanted to, wouldn't be able to take up the offer.  So there will always be people buying single year tickets.