10 year season tickets!

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Its not laying into the club it is potentially putting the club existence at risk.

Lets say every fan bought one who is a season ticket - great the club get £100m in but cannot account for any of the money as we have not been promoted, until the criteria of the deal I.e. promotion to the premier league is met none of the money can be recognised in any financial statements.

Next season the club has no match day income, the season after the club has no match day income and so on until we get promotions, which will be even harder as we will probably get hit with a points deduction each season for the level of losses.

It will account for it but will only on the Balance Sheet unless promotion is achieved

Day 1 it would have Asset cash and a matching Liability deferred income.

Day 100 it would have less cash asset but still the original Liability of deferred income

Day 1000 it would have spent all the cash so no asset but still the original liability.

This is weird  - either the cash really has run out or there is some accounting ruse possibly around the remoteness of the future supply of the good which enables earlier recognition of the income.

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

It's the latest "pioneering" initiative at the club - 10-year season tickets, where the 10 years only begins upon our promotion to the PL, so it could end up being valid for far longer.

Prices as follows: 

Kop - £4,550
North/Grandstand - £5,550
South Stand - £6,400

Enormous pitfall in my eyes is the fact that there's no finance options available - how many of us can genuinely stump up that much up front?

Thoughts?

TBH if you have the money and buy a season ticket anyway then could be great value. Considering been out of the prem for 20 years could be a steal.

One thing they could do is make it transferable to a family member as not getting any younger  ....

1 minute ago, invert456 said:

would raise £11million

But that won’t go towards FFP in one hit as the income has to be spread out for accounting purposes. Assuming everyone who buys one is already a ST holder it will have a negative FFP impact.

What it does do is raise cash which is a different thing entirely. He could use it to allow the club to pay back some of the money he is owed so he can then pay the money to the club that he owes for buying Hillsborough which in turn will allow the club to pay him back some of the money he’s owed. 

lol

21 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It sparks of DC has no money. Which considering he got £4m from Newcastle and £6m for Joao on top of the income he normally gets each season god knows where it has been wasted this season.

No it doesn’t. Are you totally thick? It’s a wacky idea but he needs outside money coming into the club. He can’t pump in anymore because we are upto our neck in it with FFP. Outside money makes  up the amounts he cannot put in due to FFP. 

FFS.

Edited by Frazzlebeak

If I was DC I would make 2500 of these available in knowledge that would only sell 500 max, then get a "family member" to buy the other 2000 of these (thereby getting £10m into this year's accounts.

Then have family member donate these seat to the club to offer for schools, armed forces etc as free tickets to matches as a community building initiative lol

Just now, Frazzlebeak said:

No it doesn’t. Are you totally thick? It’s a wacky idea but he needs outside money coming into the club. He can’t pump in anymore because we are upto our neck in it with FFP. Outside money makes needs to make up the amounts he cannot put in due to FFP. 

FFS.

FFS don’t you understand that for FFP purposes the money will have to be spread out over many years. 

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

If I was DC I would make 2500 of these available in knowledge that would only sell 500 max, then get a "family member" to buy the other 2000 of these (thereby getting £10m into this year's accounts.

Then have family member donate these seat to the club to offer for schools, armed forces etc as free tickets to matches as a community building initiative lol

Nice idea. Can see EPL deducting 20 points from us for doing it though...

:ghoulguy:

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Why? Get 10 years income from those this year instead of 1

Because normally you cannot recognise the sale of goods in a future year in the current years Income statement in which case you raise £10m of cash which is obviously a benefit but  if you need the cash but not 1p of that would be factored into the current year FFP calculation or any future Championship FFP calculation. The income would only be recognised once the good sold is being supplied i.e. people are watching PL football at SWFC but at that point EFL FFP rules don't matter anyway. 

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

You put a smiley on that, but that is actually a legitimate option - particularly with the sale of years you can't use the ticket right there in the terms.  You could generate sales of tickets that you know would be then refunded each year.

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

FFS don’t you understand that for FFP purposes the money will have to be spread out over many years. 

It’s my understanding that the Chairman/Owner is only allowed to put in a percentage of the turnover. So therefore the bigger the turnover the more he can chuck in. If I’ve got this wrong I apologise. Get mi coat  and give up on football because we are totally fvcked.