14 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You're not been asked to do anything of the sort.  If you have the spare money and you fancy the idea go for it. If its out of reach or you don't like the idea then then pass it by and your life hasn't been affected one little bit

No it hasn’t affected me in anyway, but again, even the idea to ask us fans to stump up more cash is wholly wrong. It’s like Groundhog Day, the same time, every year with these “initiatives”.

DC should of sold a player or two and we wouldn’t be in this mess we are now found ourselves in. But yet again it’s us fans who have been asked to sort it out again.

Edited by Shifty Powers
  • Agree 1

This club really does come up with off the cuff ideas, and no not in a good way. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Shifty Powers said:

No it hasn’t affected me in anyway, but again, even the idea to ask us fans to stump up more cash is wholly wrong. It’s like Groundhog Day, the same time, every year. 

DC should of sold a player or two and we wouldn’t be in this mess we are now found ourselves in. But yet again it’s us fans who have been asked to sort it out again.

He could sell players for millions or billions and every one gets in for free.  Back in the real world...

Forget you ever saw the thread and sleep easy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

No it hasn’t affected me in anyway, but again, even the idea to ask us fans to stump up more cash is wholly wrong. It’s like Groundhog Day, the same time, every year with these “initiatives”.

Or you could see it that you've been asked to buy a season ticket at the same price it's been for the past few seasons.

But if you can afford a ten year ticket... Great - it's mutually beneficial.

I thinks there is some resale value in it init.

In 5 yrs time it will be £4k pog per match.

Is there a none transferable clause?

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

Not read the whole thread so apologies if already been asked but a couple of things spring to mind

1. Have I read right that if you have already ‘invested’ in a multi year ticket which has some seasons left, the only way to buy a 10 year ticket is to lose the money you’ve paid for your previous one

thats what worries me about these multi year deals....... enter offers always seem to come up after you’ve stumped up your money 

2. What happens if we go up this year, 10 year clock starts ticking and we come straight back down....,does the 10 years stop if we are back in the EFL?

• Agree 1

The deal is really complicated to account for, (may even be argued purposely so).

1 there is no fixed end date, and the end date relies on an event not entirely in the sellers control

2 can sell your free tickets back to club each year, so in effect if we weren't promoted for 5 years you could sell your yearly tickets back to club whilst in championship then get half your money back before the 10 year countdown starts.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Not read the whole thread so apologies if already been asked but a couple of things spring to mind

1. Have I read right that if you have already ‘invested’ in a multi year ticket which has some seasons left, the only way to buy a 10 year ticket is to lose the money you’ve paid for your previous one

thats what worries me about these multi year deals....... enter offers always seem to come up after you’ve stumped up your money 

2. What happens if we go up this year, 10 year clock starts ticking and we come straight back down....,does the 10 years stop if we are back in the EFL?

Would assume answer to 2 is no but if we did this year it would be 15 years not 10

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

Still got 4 years on ours?

And NO have I flook read all the thread.

What should I do?

23 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Fair enough..so we both agree.

It seems so, on that basis I'm glad I kept my powder dry and didn't call anyone insufferably smug

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 33 said:

Still got 4 years on ours?

And NO have I flook read all the thread.

What should I do?

Give me your remaining 4 years

buy a 10 year one

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

It seems so, on that basis I'm glad I kept my powder dry and didn't call anyone insufferably smug

Insufferably smug post ..

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SiJ said:

What irks is this club has a great core support. About 20,000 season ticket holders and we consistently get some of the highest attendances in the division despite the lack of success.

And yet schemes like this just scream of the club trying to exploit that loyalty one more time. They've tried it before with club 1867 and all the other nonsense.

Why not just run the club properly. Buy and sell players. Perhaps put some money into making Hillsborough look slightly less archaic? 

But no, the club has to come up with another hare-brained ticket scheme. 

Your spot on mate . this is yet another stupid scheme aimed at short term income without any plan what so ever for the long term. 

• Agree 2

It’s a bonkers proposition which is complicated and screams of desperation! 

Edited by Bouncing Owl
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It’s a bonkers proposition which is complicated which screams of desperation! 

Get with it..stop being so negative.:tango: 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Give me your remaining 4 years

buy a 10 year one

Blowjob?

• Haha 1

Desperation from the club agreed

Bought 3

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It’s a bonkers proposition which is complicated and screams of desperation! 

This is the other thing. 

These schemes have so many permutations. 

One of the key aspects of marketing pretty much anything is to try and make it as straightforward and simple as possible. Particularly when you are dealing with say football fans. 

Another reason why they will sell fizz all.  

• Agree 2

It's creating a futures market to get quick cash in... we'll have to wait and see why..