Different gravy this lad, so underrated and understated it's untrue - he just makes us tick, even at 70% capacity compared with three years ago.

Must be one of the quietest yet most influential team players in our history, can't think of many who made such a difference yet hid it so well.

59 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

A lot of others will get the plaudits, mainly defenders, and rightly so. In fact noone had a bad game. Even murphy before his goal was playing well.

But special mention to Lee. He has not played for ages but still shows that he offers something completely different. Finds pockets of space, great with the ball and still has those wing mirrors which stuart gray said about him. Whether he still has the legs to continuously play and whether this will be his last season or not it's good to see he is still very part of the team

Thee best player we have at S6.

I was going to start this as a thread in it's own right, but this one is close enough to post this into instead.

Watched this (as best I could with the bad streams) and then watched some highlights again after.

In all honesty I think the difference was three in midfield - but the technical three.   Bannan was the week link although he did not have a bad game.   Luongo and Lee were where this game was pivotal for us.

They did not allow Leeds to play their normal game and to be honest, they did a far better job than Arsenal did of nullifing Leeds.

Push Lee and Luongo against any side in this division and they will stop them playing from the back, they will also cause them issues in their own right.   

Add to this the fact that Bannan then gets to play what is his natural position of a regista that many on here seem to want to stop him being, and then you have a midfield triangle on a par with anything in this division, if not better.

Hutchinson and Pelupessy may well be made redundant from the starting line up if Monk takes these three as his first choice starting midfielders, which I believe he should.

• Like 1

Still got the quality,  just a yard short of where he used to be, which is understandable. 

Real shame he's missed so much football in recent seasons, probably the best footballer we've had since the PL days. 

Massive boost for us that he’s played two full matches consecutively, let’s hope he can stay fit until the end of the season. He’s a wonderful player to watch.

18 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I was going to start this as a thread in it's own right, but this one is close enough to post this into instead.

Watched this (as best I could with the bad streams) and then watched some highlights again after.

In all honesty I think the difference was three in midfield - but the technical three.   Bannan was the week link although he did not have a bad game.   Luongo and Lee were where this game was pivotal for us.

They did not allow Leeds to play their normal game and to be honest, they did a far better job than Arsenal did of nullifing Leeds.

Push Lee and Luongo against any side in this division and they will stop them playing from the back, they will also cause them issues in their own right.   

Add to this the fact that Bannan then gets to play what is his natural position of a regista that many on here seem to want to stop him being, and then you have a midfield triangle on a par with anything in this division, if not better.

Hutchinson and Pelupessy may well be made redundant from the starting line up if Monk takes these three as his first choice starting midfielders, which I believe he should.

Excellent post, agree 100%. Thought Luongo was very good today too — the three CMs knew their roles (and each other’s) and complimented each other well

32 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Totally agree , Kieran needs a run in the team now without doubt .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

I said the other week that Lee needs to start because Hutch and Bannan has never worked, and was reliably informed by the experienced managers on here that his legs have gone :ph34r:

I've only ever visibly seen one players "legs go" - and it was so fast I was shocked by his decline - that was Loovens.    I've seen us age a lot of players at Hillsborough and he just went so fast it was untrue.

If Lee's legs have gone, then my god, I would like to be a half a yard behind him.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Bannan weak link lol

you need a new telly pal 

• Haha 4