Stoke - V - Wednesday (Boxing Day) OMDT

Excellent thread as always Milord. I’ve heard her maj has photos of other Owls players dotted all around Buck Palace, and I’m sure she wished us all a Merry Christmas and a Happy Nuhiu Year in her message yesterday.

As for the match, those stats do indeed look worrying for a follower of The Wednesday, We should win, but no idea if we will. Could certainly do with another first half like we had against Forest; it would be great to close the gap on Leeds to 5 points if only to put some pressure on them for their match later.

Hopefully we will see a result on Boxing Day against a team in red and white stripes similar to something that happened 40 long years ago today....

Up the Owls.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin

Milord delivering yet another blistering OMDT, one of my highlights of the week when it's matchday for Wednesday! And recently the team has decided to start performing too, I hope a little christmas break will have done the boys' spirits some good and that Stoke will crumble under pressure to give us yet another Boxing Day miracle.

UTO - Come on Wednesday!!

8 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

Come on Wednesday

Off to the match with my girlfriend,   no joks.

I am sure some Scots will be welcome 

Crackering OMDT milord. I see we ain't conceded a goal in our last 7 Boxing Day matches. Doesn't bode well in the "all good things must come to an end" Wednesday way. Thus I'll award 'em an obligatory goal in mi match day prediction. 

1 - 6 to THE MIGHTY OWLS 

Fletch and JR, hat trick a piece. 

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS !!! 

FORTY YEARS AGO TODAY

I remember the time

Ninety seventy-nine

We walked down Leppings Lane in the cold Christmas light

Of a Boxing Day morn

To the blue and white born

We were all loyal Wednesdayites

And a comrade that day

Whom we met on the way

Said "Remember today - and remember tonight;

For it will be (now and then)

We will lose, once again,

But we'll always be Wednesdayites

When I got to the ground

There were sights, there were sounds

I remember the sounds. I remember the sights

With my head held high,

I knew that I

Was a true loyal Wednesdayite

And the comrades - they may

Who were there on hat day

Still remember, and say

All the rest of their lives

With their heads held high

"I know that I

Am a true loyal Wednesdayite"

BDM

UTO 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yuletide felicitations one and all....come on , own up who ate two Christmas dinners yesterday? I know I did...always up for “seggies”..just like school dinners of yore! Trouble is I’m obliged to start the slog through the cold left over trolley now.

Another tricky game today...so I’ll take a draw at this point. But the wizards are disciplined enough to take this lot to the cleaners.

Come on you blue and white (slightly-stuffed-on-Christmas-fare) wizzzaaaarrrds!

• Like 1

That is quality Snoots. Pssd myself laughing at the Warrior photo next to HMQ. Then Ray Fackin Winstone's words of caution.

Well, fa.ck you Ray. We're gonna win & it's you & Wednesday that are bankers my son.

That old photo of Bootham Crescent ffs. Scary. held together by stuffed pink panther toys back in the day. :biggrin:

Let 'em sing Delilha till the cows come home, it'll be us winning on the green green grass later.

Off down the A38 / A50 at noon. Fkng buzzin.

UTO.  3 or 4 nil to us.