Rhian Brewster on loan

It is a problem if you need to guarantee playing minutes to get a  young loan in as is sometimes the case.

Side of Fletcher is one place but if Rhodes goes on a scoring run then no

Full back is probably another possibility but if would have to be somebody who could defend properly and was physically up to it not just somebody who was better going forward.

Winger possibly.

These type of loans are expensive and guaranteed game time doesn’t generally mean coming on for last 15 mins

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

I've been told they want him to have guaranteed minutes and it has ruled us out.

And if we agree this, sign him but don’t actually give him set number of minutes... how many points will the EFL deduct?

19 hours ago, Figaro said:

First ever ITK post.

Rhian Brewster to sign on loan for the rest of the season from Liverpool. Mate of mine works with his sister and she said he was with Wednesday yesterday to sign. Mates a Southend fan and didn’t even want to talk about football, so doubt this is BS. 

The only thing nailed on about this story Figaro is the 'Coffin Lid' !

54 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The only thing nailed on about this story Figaro is the 'Coffin Lid' !

Only going on why I have been told. He has apparently trained with us - someone can probably confirm this and my mate reckons he was with Wednesday as an 8 year old so wants to play for us. Again, someone can probably check this. If my mate is giving it big BS, then apologies, but let’s see what happens come 1st Jan. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Grez Bez
2 minutes ago, Figaro said:

Only going on why I have been told. He has apparently trained with us - someone can probably confirm this and my mate reckons he was with Wednesday as an 8 year old so wants to play for us. Again, someone can probably check this. If my mate is giving it big BS, then apologies, but let’s see what happens come 1st Jan. 

He was at Chelsea at 8 years old.

From London so can't see him playing for us before that

1 hour ago, LSOwls said:

He was at Chelsea at 8 years old.

From London so can't see him playing for us before that

Agree, there are rules on who you can play for at that age (mind you, I dont know how old those rules are) 1 hours drive from home. If he's a London lad, he wouldn't be traning and playing for us. At 8.

59 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Agree, there are rules on who you can play for at that age (mind you, I dont know how old those rules are) 1 hours drive from home. If he's a London lad, he wouldn't be traning and playing for us. At 8.

There are no rules because a kid under 8 cannot officially sign for an academy

Hence the best kids at that age generally play for several clubs until they can officially sign - they can are restricted to playing for that club only - unless permission given to play for school or county rep team

59 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

We cant guarantee playing minutes? What and Leeds can? They couldn't even do that for the arsenal lad

I don't there's any way we can guarantee playing minutes for a kid that's never kicked a ball in any level of league football

He might be brilliant - he might flop

A team pushing for promotion to the premier need not take that chance when it's doing bloody well as it is

Don’t these notable yet completely untested youngsters usually turn out to be a bit rubbish, at least on their fist loan? 

Looks appealing to the FIFA crowd but the grown up squad has matches to win here with little room to mess about giving kids a chance.

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Don’t these notable yet completely untested youngsters usually turn out to be a bit rubbish, at least on their fist loan? 

Looks appealing to the FIFA crowd but the grown up squad has matches to win here with little room to mess about giving kids a chance.

You only have to look at table toppers West Brom to see the other side of the coin. These deals can be a gamble yes, but the youngsters often possess pace, and a high level of skill, something in the main, our forwards lack. It’s certainly cheaper for us to add that through a loan, than to shell out millions for the finished product

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

You only have to look at table toppers West Brom to see the other side of the coin. These deals can be a gamble yes, but the youngsters often possess pace, and a high level of skill, something in the main, our forwards lack. It’s certainly cheaper for us to add that through a loan, than to shell out millions for the finished product

I can see that, but don’t the best ones cost millions in loan fees or is that just from the likes of Chelsea? Maybe we always end up with the ones that do crap because we don’t pay?