Rhian Brewster on loan

On 19/12/2019 at 23:43, agentwalker said:

I believe he got the golden boot for the England under 17s with a hat trick in the semi and the final. Rated very highly by Liverpool, lightening quick and apparently similar to Owen.

Not really broken into the Liverpool team due to a long injury last year.

Bit more here

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/who-liverpool-owned-sheffield-wednesday-loan-target-rhian-brewster-and-who-else-interested-him-1342105

Long injury list?

He’ll fit in well here..

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It’s quite simple, under all of those scenarios, all we can do is secure as many points as possible, either to help us achieve promotion, or in the case of some draconian punishment, to help stave off relegation Better players will help us achieve that

They need to make an immediate difference right from the off, and bringing in kids is not just widely recognized to be a gamble, we don't even have a particularly good track record with it.

By the way, I actually wasn't even thinking about the scenario under which a point deduction would leave us threatened by relegation - but if that did come to pass, I'd be just as inclined to not stake our future on teenage prospects from the Prem. Besides, even with the squad as it is, we've got no trouble picking up points - and if we had to do it down at the other end of the table, it's clear we don't need to rely on kids to get ourselves free from the relegation zone.

Besides, none of the promoted sides last season relied upon these type of untried teenage Prem loanees; it's not like they're somehow the secret ingredient to the recipe for success. United most notably so in their use of (or lack of) Ben Woodburn - and he'd at least made appearances in the Liverpool first team.

52 minutes ago, cowl said:

They need to make an immediate difference right from the off, and bringing in kids is not just widely recognized to be a gamble, we don't even have a particularly good track record with it.

By the way, I actually wasn't even thinking about the scenario under which a point deduction would leave us threatened by relegation - but if that did come to pass, I'd be just as inclined to not stake our future on teenage prospects from the Prem. Besides, even with the squad as it is, we've got no trouble picking up points - and if we had to do it down at the other end of the table, it's clear we don't need to rely on kids to get ourselves free from the relegation zone.

Besides, none of the promoted sides last season relied upon these type of untried teenage Prem loanees; it's not like they're somehow the secret ingredient to the recipe for success. United most notably so in their use of (or lack of) Ben Woodburn - and he'd at least made appearances in the Liverpool first team.

Was going to use him as an example He’s been struggling at Oxford, injured now, but largely ineffective It is a gamble with a lot of these youngsters, Brewster included, but it’s still probably the cheapest way to add pace, and that level of skill. How much would it cost us to buy someone more experienced with such attributes? We have plenty of experience, and players with championship knowhow, what we could do with introducing is a bit of dynamism 

I know i keep banging this drum

We're 3rd in the table - playing well 

Do we really need to be "guaranteeing" game time to a kid who has never played a game in the professional leagues?

He might have "attributes" - loads and loads of young players do

Whether they can bring those attributes to the reality of professional football is another matter - we've all long seen that youth and u23 football is miles and miles away from even upper non-league standard

Guest wilyfox

I like Brewster, but my worry would be physicality. He's only 19 but suffered with injury already. This is a tough league. Not sure how robust he'd be. Obvious talent though, but that's not always enough. 

Guest LittleG
25 minutes ago, East coast owl said:

Just read he has gone to Swansea. Looks like we missed the boat

Don't think we were even at the docks.

5 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Anyone actually believe Liverpool with the history with our club would loan us anyone? 

Yeah course they would,why wouldn't they?

We played many games after the disaster without any blame pointing or problems in general.

Seems to me that people are looking for issues where there aren't any.