The January window

I would continue as if we are pushing for promotion, like we are. The EFL cannot do anything until their decision is made and we should be looking at trying to go up. If we buy a couple of players (and manage to shift some out as a bonus) and we do fail to go up, at least we'll have a collection of good players in the squad for when/if we get hit by a points deduction and embargo. If we don't strengthen the squad and then we are punished by the EFL we'll be in a tough situation with no spending allowed and a poor squad to battle with. 

Edited by CF_Owl

We were never going to do much in January, Monk has already said he's just looking for 2-3 loans.

Unless it's all changed due to the EFL 'vendetta' and Mr C is thinking fuckem.

But regardless, the availability of decent players is zero on a limited budget, especially when we're not the most attractive because of the impending......erm......whatever it is that's impending?

For me we need to address the right hand side(the imbalance)......two decent options at right wing and right back would be my guess at Garry's wish list.

p.s.......forgot.......plus a fast, goal scoring forward......not holding my breathe on that one though.

Edited by Weshallovercome

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Hull have an option on Irvine's contract.

Ibe is a mess at the moment. Due back in court February.

Aston Villa are keen on Jed Wallace.

..and we don't need a goalkeeper. 

We might do if Dawson leaves in the summer.

Charlton striker Lyle Taylor has attracted interest from Championship rivals ahead of the January transfer window. 

The 29-year-old comes to the end of his contract in the summer and clubs can either get him on a cut-price deal next month or wait and sign him on a pre-contract.

A handful of Championship clubs, including Swansea, West Bromwich Albion and Sheffield Wednesday are interested in acquiring his services, with Scottish Premiership giants Rangers also keeping a close eye on the situation.

BET 

Taylor joined Charlton on a free transfer from Wimbledon in June 2018 after having played for Scunthorpe United, Sheffield United and Falkirk.

He ended up as top scorer in League One last season, scoring 25 goals to lead Charlton to promotion to the Championship with a play-off final win against Sunderland in June.

He scored five goals in the opening six games of this season before suffering a knee injury which kept him out of action until Tuesday night, when he came off the bench in a 1-0 home loss to Huddersfield

14 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Charlton striker Lyle Taylor has attracted interest from Championship rivals ahead of the January transfer window. 

The 29-year-old comes to the end of his contract in the summer and clubs can either get him on a cut-price deal next month or wait and sign him on a pre-contract.

A handful of Championship clubs, including Swansea, West Bromwich Albion and Sheffield Wednesday are interested in acquiring his services, with Scottish Premiership giants Rangers also keeping a close eye on the situation.

BET 

Taylor joined Charlton on a free transfer from Wimbledon in June 2018 after having played for Scunthorpe United, Sheffield United and Falkirk.

He ended up as top scorer in League One last season, scoring 25 goals to lead Charlton to promotion to the Championship with a play-off final win against Sunderland in June.

He scored five goals in the opening six games of this season before suffering a knee injury which kept him out of action until Tuesday night, when he came off the bench in a 1-0 home loss to Huddersfield

Be an upgrade on Fletcher, and younger also Can’t see him choosing us though, but an interesting link

14 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

BET 

Interesting,  anyone know much about him? From that snippet sounds promising.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Be an upgrade on Fletcher, and younger also Can’t see him choosing us though, but an interesting link

Not that much younger, he's 29,  is returning from injury and has limited championship experience. 

I accept he had a very good start to the season, but 30 in March and not sure he would represent value for money. 

That said, bar fletcher  better than what we've got. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

Not that much younger, he's 29,  is returning from injury and has limited championship experience. 

I accept he had a very good start to the season, but 30 in March and not sure he would represent value for money. 

My thoughts were, mainly if we were playing just the one up top He’s more mobile than Fletch

1 minute ago, striker said:

Agree, but we are shopping in Poundland not M&S

On 12/12/2019 at 10:38, Junk Smuggler said:

Surely the EFL can’t stop us doing whatever we want in Jan as the haven’t passed sentence yet? Saying that though, it’s probably not wise to rub their noses in it.

Didn't Birmingham go and spend 2-3 million on a LB called Pedersen whilst under an investigation/embargo? Think that lead to their 9pt deduction though.

The EFL can't do anything until after the independant enquiry has made it's findings known. That certainly isn't a foregone conclusion and DC's threat of court action is likely to delay things for the foreseeable future. I'm not worried.

Guest wilyfox

Good cover and comp for Fletcher, but half the blinkin' champ will be after Taylor, and maybe a few clubs from elsewhere. Best hope he's not our no.1 target. 

3 hours ago, striker said:

by a mile....

3 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

The EFL can't do anything until after the independant enquiry has made it's findings known. That certainly isn't a foregone conclusion and DC's threat of court action is likely to delay things for the foreseeable future. I'm not worried.

You say that like its fact, have you seen that reported somewhere?

To my mind, if the EFL could place us under embargo while they were waiting for and then reviewing our documentation it would seem only logical that they could do the same having reviewed it and decided they need to take action on it.

If the players are available at the right price to improve our team and give monk the balance he seeks 

then we invest 

EFL might punish us but we are still in the black and we have to keep moving forward regardless of what/ if points deduction comes our way 

I thought it would take at least 3 transfer windows to refresh our bloated squad 

the summer was the first and we saw a huge amount of big earners leave and some pretty smart business come in 

This summer will see us do similar on a smaller scale pretty much our whole strike force is up on a free so we can refresh that 

next summer I’d like to see us in a much healthier position squad wise to what we ended last season on 

so if the right player at the right price comes along we recruit 

I can’t see us either going up or down this year so improvement is the key 

for me we are still looking for two full backs and another forward possibly a wide man possibly a Cm but this means streamlining what we have 

pelupessy

rhodes 

winnal

don’t cut it for me 

Lee, forrestieri don’t play enough and are ageing 

nuihiu I don’t care what happens I’d take money for him if it was available 

despite the Improvements in both Fox and Palmer I think if our desire is promotion we still need better

theres a lot to play with but it’s if we can get players out and bring the right ones in 

I don’t think this transfer window will give us much maybe loans 

summer is where it’s at 

21 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

A couple of mistakes and red cards for our right backs have now made a new right back essential. I am just waiting for Fox to make a mistake, so then a new left back becomes the priority.

WTF:

IMHO a new left back would be pretty high on the priority list.