The January window

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Hmm looks good, probably seems more like a winger, but one that isn’t afraid to get in the box

He reminds me of Garath McCleary. 

On 12/12/2019 at 10:04, Jakes Grandad said:

It's not about selling players to balance the books now,

Unfortunately it is still about balancing the books. 
The EFL charges are about the submission in our accounts of the sale of the ground. The muted points deduction relates to those charges. 
But when the last accounts were published we are losing 20m per year under EFL calculations based on operating profit. Chansiri has the resources to cover that debt each season but is not permitted to by EFL. 
The sale of the ground covered the losses from the previous 3 years but if we continue to lose £20m per year as opposed to the £10m permitted then we will be in P&S trouble again and face further fines and deductions. 
So until the EFL changes the rules we have to sell players and reduce the wage bill. 

Gnanduillet at Blackpool in great form.

6'3 target man and only 27 which would be an improvement on Taylor albeit with less Champ experience. Doesn't need to score loads of goals though if he's a more mobile Nuhiu role option when Fletcher is out.

Derby and Charlton (probably as Taylor's replacement) been linked as like Taylor he is also out of contract next summer.

On 24/12/2019 at 00:11, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Unfortunately it is still about balancing the books. 
The EFL charges are about the submission in our accounts of the sale of the ground. The muted points deduction relates to those charges. 
But when the last accounts were published we are losing 20m per year under EFL calculations based on operating profit. Chansiri has the resources to cover that debt each season but is not permitted to by EFL. 
The sale of the ground covered the losses from the previous 3 years but if we continue to lose £20m per year as opposed to the £10m permitted then we will be in P&S trouble again and face further fines and deductions. 
So until the EFL changes the rules we have to sell players and reduce the wage bill. 

We should be OK this season, we cut wages and got rid of some dead wood last summer. We sold Joao and the cabbage patch doll to the barcodes. If we were losing £20M that should take us under £13M.

Come the summer we should cut a lot of the higher paid players and lose amortisation on transfer fees if there are any. Rhodes is still a financial drain but he might go ...or not.

The next set of accounts for P & S is for last season I think but if the last 3 years is more or less even we should be ok.

I must admit I lose track of which years accounts are which. It is tediously boring but important at the same time.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I think it’s more a case of needs must and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Saints sign another striker in January to replace Adams

Shane Long is the one they need to replace, not Adams.