The January window

14 hours ago, Morepork said:

You say that like its fact, have you seen that reported somewhere?

To my mind, if the EFL could place us under embargo while they were waiting for and then reviewing our documentation it would seem only logical that they could do the same having reviewed it and decided they need to take action on it.

The difference now is that before, we were over our limits and knew it so we took the embargo on the chin and worked with them. Now, they are making serious allegations that DC, the accountants and the auditor have all mislead them...fraud in other words. None of the above will take that lying down. This will end up in court and unless the EFL have a rock solid case they will probably end up with charges of defamation and restraint of trade against them plus one or two things that I haven't thought of. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ozzieowl said:

Hope Monk has targets already and doesn’t leave till end Jan. 

new recruits could keep us within reach. 

In an ideal world Bowen, Mitrovic and Benrahma would get us up lololol

Why stop there why not try and temp Eze aswell.

lol

My worry is the shedload of approaches for our key players.

You just know that other teams in the Championship will try to unsettle our players with bids.

I can’t wait for the transfer window to come and go.

ps - if anyone can be arsed to look, we already have an official January Transfers thread somewhere.

24 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

My worry is the shedload of approaches for our key players.

You just know that other teams in the Championship will try to unsettle our players with bids.

I can’t wait for the transfer window to come and go.

ps - if anyone can be arsed to look, we already have an official January Transfers thread somewhere.

Forestieri won’t take much unsettling, nailed on he’s off in January I think 

Could be a couple that go to be fair 

One bonus from yesterday, we may now get some interest in Rhodes. We have to be a more realistic about how much we ask for both him, and Winnall. Replace them with someone quick, and look to bring in a midfielder, preferably one who’s used to playing in a two Then we should be good to go

20 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Forestieri won’t take much unsettling, nailed on he’s off in January I think 

Could be a couple that go to be fair 

Who would take him?

Even on a free and we try and get him off the wages 

Don’t see it

Too injury prone, mardy and selfish 

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

One bonus from yesterday, we may now get some interest in Rhodes. We have to be a more realistic about how much we ask for both him, and Winnall. Replace them with someone quick, and look to bring in a midfielder, preferably one who’s used to playing in a two Then we should be good to go

If ( and it’s a big if) Rhodes starts scoring what’s the point of getting rid of him just to replace him with someone who can run fast

Rhodes is probably the best finisher at the club if he gets any kind of form back. The partnership with Fletcher could be key to our season. It would be madness to think about breaking it up if it continues to deliver 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is a very difficult situation for the club as I do not think anyone knows what the outcome will be. The club can agree to a voluntary embargo as we did previously and because we complied with this we avoided being referred to independent Disciplinary Commission who impose penalties. It seems we engaged in discussions with EFL and they approved our approach of selling ground. Following complaints from clubs EFL decided to refer us to Commission to hand out punishment. Following our statement EFL got upset and said they had noticed several issues we could be punished for but it was noticeable they did not deny approving our strategy. Probably we have broken rules like lots of other clubs but aim of policy was not to punish but get a club back to a sustainable position and as long as a club is doing this you are generally ok. Birmingham signed a player after being advised not to that is why they were referred it appears we were referred because of complaints by other clubs. It is one hell of a mess and if uncertainty prevents us signing players and taking steps which hamper our chances and we win court case, compensation could be huge. Would not be a surprise to see this result in changes to what is an arbitrary and very unwieldly process and one which supports PL teams to disadvantage of EFL teams.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Quist said:

It is a very difficult situation for the club as I do not think anyone knows what the outcome will be. The club can agree to a voluntary embargo as we did previously and because we complied with this we avoided being referred to independent Disciplinary Commission who impose penalties. It seems we engaged in discussions with EFL and they approved our approach of selling ground. Following complaints from clubs EFL decided to refer us to Commission to hand out punishment. Following our statement EFL got upset and said they had noticed several issues we could be punished for but it was noticeable they did not deny approving our strategy. Probably we have broken rules like lots of other clubs but aim of policy was not to punish but get a club back to a sustainable position and as long as a club is doing this you are generally ok. Birmingham signed a player after being advised not to that is why they were referred it appears we were referred because of complaints by other clubs. It is one hell of a mess and if uncertainty prevents us signing players and taking steps which hamper our chances and we win court case, compensation could be huge. Would not be a surprise to see this result in changes to what is an arbitrary and very unwieldly process and one which supports PL teams to disadvantage of EFL teams.

One thing doesn’t alter though. The EFL can go and screw themselves, the incompetent, and inconsistent ***ts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't see us doing much business in January unless we manage to offload a few and If we do then the balance of the squad needs to be maintained.

If we need some replacements just hope they are decent loans or players at a re-saleable age, according to transfer-market we have the oldest squad in the division.

26 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

If ( and it’s a big if) Rhodes starts scoring what’s the point of getting rid of him just to replace him with someone who can run fast

Rhodes is probably the best finisher at the club if he gets any kind of form back. The partnership with Fletcher could be key to our season. It would be madness to think about breaking it up if it continues to deliver 

How many opportunities will he get to impress before the window opens? Certainly not enough time to right all the errors of the past As I said, all we can hope is that, yesterday’s performance leads some club to think it’s worth taking a punt. If he doesn’t get the move, then we can benefit from his, hopefully, new found confidence

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

How many opportunities will he get to impress before the window opens? Certainly not enough time to right all the errors of the past As I said, all we can hope is that, yesterday’s performance leads some club to think it’s worth taking a punt. If he doesn’t get the move, then we can benefit from his, hopefully, new found confidence

I don’t care what’s happened in the past. If he finds form and scores goals then it’s the here and now that counts

Fletcher hasn’t been great since he’s been here but would I want to get rid of him now? Would I hell

If someone wants Rhodes in January it means he is playing well and scoring goals and it would be insane to get rid to a rival and bring someone else in who may or may not pick up where Rhodes has left off

If Rhodes does nothing between now and January then I’d maybe agree with you but as of now Winnall, Murphy, Pelupessy are all players to get shut of first

18 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

There's been posturing from the EFL in reposnse to DC's statement and what makes my p15S boil is that they can string this out as long as they like just to suit themselves.

A law unto themselves they run roughshod over their members. 

Hope DC is holding the Aces when it gets to the nitty gritty. 

I’m not sure fighting this will end well, but neither will it if we don’t What fighting it will do, is buy us time, and we need to use that time to prepare for the inevitable Any delay, actually makes things easier for us, but only if we are proactive in our planning

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not sure fighting this will end well, but neither will it if we don’t What fighting it will do, is buy us time, and we need to use that time to prepare for the inevitable Any delay, actually makes things easier for us, but only if we are proactive in our planning

In planning what?