Nuhiu - worst footballer to ever play for us?

Brentford were well drilled in the first half 

Big lad and Fletch were given nothing ...

Bannon was running around the training pitch up Middlewood Road he was that deep ..

Their Goalkeeper was playing as a bloody sweeper for most of the game ...

Does anyone on here actually know anything about football ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

He's probably got the worst scoring record in the world for a striker. 

His overall record for us is 128+125 appearances, 46 goals. Hardly the stuff of Lionel Messi but certainly not as bad as the gobshites on here would have you believe. And when you look at the club statistics for the likes of David Graham, Jordan Rhodes, Andy Booth, Lee Peacock, Kim Olsen, Tony Cunningham, Jay Bothroyd, Garry Thompson, Francis Jeffers, Carl Bradshaw, Chris O'Grady, Stevie May et al, it's all the more remarkable that it gets the attention it does as if it's some kind of all-time low.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, poite said:

I wasnt at the game so can't judge but we scored both of our goals in the second half. 

Not saying Rhodes was instrumental in that but I'm just saying 

Garry Monk thought Rhodes was instrumental in that.

10 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Brentford were well drilled in the first half 

Big lad and Fletch were given nothing ...

Bannon was running around the training pitch up Middlewood Road he was that deep ..

Their Goalkeeper was playing as a bloody sweeper for most of the game ...

Does anyone on here actually know anything about football ? 

I might not know owt about football but I know who Barry Bannan is.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

I agree that's he's awful. 

He's probably got the worst scoring record in the world for a striker. 

Worst player ever for us. He's up there withy the worst. Other donkeys come to mind such as Sam Ellis, anton mirocevic, John Pearson, brian hornsby, sibon, etc etc. 

It's hard to say that nuihi isn't the worst of the lot. Of course, we've given him two new contracts and at least 25k a week. He's not to blame for that is he? 

There’s actually an online player forum where they’re all discussing how crap you are.

The golden rule on there is ‘Post AND poster’ and they’re all piling on right now.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SwintOwl said:

Beyond belief he still plays for us. He lacks the basic attributes of a footballer.

Cant control a ball, cant dribble with it, cant pass it and for a big lad hes pretty woeful in the air, gets bossed by centre halfs much smaller than him. And last but not least cant cant shoot. 

What does he actually bring apart from being awkwardly big and sometimes able to hold the ball up?

I'd love to watch him try and do some keepy ups bet he'd struggle to make 20 

You clearly weren't around in the 70s.

Nuhiu when on form is a decent player at this level and hasn’t he scored nearly 50 goals for us?

His problem has always been consistency otherwise he’d have still been playing Europa league football. Instead he plays well to earn a spot and then plays like a drunk the week after 

2 hours ago, SwintOwl said:

Beyond belief he still plays for us. He lacks the basic attributes of a footballer.

Cant control a ball, cant dribble with it, cant pass it and for a big lad hes pretty woeful in the air, gets bossed by centre halfs much smaller than him. And last but not least cant cant shoot. 

What does he actually bring apart from being awkwardly big and sometimes able to hold the ball up?

I'd love to watch him try and do some keepy ups bet he'd struggle to make 20 

Village idiot 

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

His overall record for us is 128+125 appearances, 46 goals. Hardly the stuff of Lionel Messi but certainly not as bad as the gobshites on here would have you believe. And when you look at the club statistics for the likes of David Graham, Jordan Rhodes, Andy Booth, Lee Peacock, Kim Olsen, Tony Cunningham, Jay Bothroyd, Garry Thompson, Francis Jeffers, Carl Bradshaw, Chris O'Grady, Stevie May et al, it's all the more remarkable that it gets the attention it does as if it's some kind of all-time low.

I love how you covered such a range there - early 1980s to recent times!    I saw most of those players first hand but not Tony Cunningham or Garry Thompson.   Actually i'm not sure I saw Carl Bradshaw play for us either although i'm not sure - ok i'm definite I didn't see Bradshaw play for us but I know I saw him play for the pigs.

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Rhodes dragged the whole team forwards 2nd half.

Made a huge difference.

Agreed thought Rhodes looked sharp and fit and showed a lot of desire, would like him to get a start with Fletcher and see what happens.