EFL Statement

1 minute ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

What if we agree to go on an FFP awareness course hosted by Steve Gibson. Maybe we'll avoid the points and a transfer ban?

Could I attend so I could give Gibson a lesson in not sticking his nose in other people's business.?

8 minutes ago, torres said:

He would charge everyone £40 to play or £119 upfront if you want 3 games 

£3k if you want bronze wrapping paper - you get free games when you play top level pass the parcel 

Then sign a pass the parcel player who used to be good 5 years ago in a mid table pass the parcel league for £10m even though we have far too many pass the parcel players as it is 

So accurate it's scary.

:Chansiri:

26 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

We need rules to protect the club from an owner who wants us to compete?

We might not necessarily need the rules but the rules do appear to be necessary. Simply wanting to compete isn’t enough to keep a football club out of danger, FFP or not. Circumstances can change. Events accumulate. There are many examples.

Edited by Sonny

39 minutes ago, 442 said:

VERY very wishful thinking. But, reckon the EFL have charged us at the start of in international break with the view of handing out our punishment before it’s over?

Are you having a laugh ?    Be lucky if that set of clowns get it finalised before the end of the year and more than likely will carry on into the new year 

18 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

it would be time to rebuild in the correct manner as should have been done in the first place..

Yeah because it’s that easy isn’t it, League One is an absolute nightmare , there would be no ‘walking’ the league or record points total 

Guest Willow Owl
11 hours ago, nilsson said:

This a very good article from Maguire about Wednesday’s 2017/18 accounts and ground sale...

http://priceoffootball.com/sheffield-wednesday-2017-18-when-the-sun-goes-down/

Apologies if it’s already been posted (and it’s a long read) but some of the figures and graphs are eye opening.

This one shocked me... we posted losses of £37 million in 2017/18 and there were still 7 clubs in the championship with higher losses than us

B21C5994-44CD-48CD-BEE8-8EFC238EC6BB.jpeg

May have already been said, but looking at those figures a lot more clubs will be struggling in next 12 months against FFP. Just shows that the current rules are not sustainable long term. There has been no real term increases of the 39 million taking into account massive increase in transfer fees and wages. More and more club chairman/ Owners will be trying to find ways round the current rules and more like us will get charged with misconduct or breaking the rules.

In cold light of day, if we have broke the rules then we deserve punishment, but DC and other owners would not have to find ways round if the FFP was fit for purpose.

If a owner has personal wealth and is willing to invest up front on transfers he should be allowed to spend what he wants. The fit and proper rules should also determine whether the owners have enough money to invest without putting the future of the club at risk.

FFP should apply more to clubs who dont have wealthy owners and rely on generating income to sustain the club.

Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Woodsideowl said:

Isn't burning the books considered criminal ?.  

There is absolutely no suggestion of criminal activity the point I am making is the accounts for profit and sustainability are a 3 year rolling process but the efl want to make judgements during the process and not at the end ,is that a reasonable ? That maybe the question a court may need to answer especially since there is allegations of different treatment for different clubs .

It seems to me that the whole process is questionable and I doI'd believe the EFL are capable of reforming from within.

clearly there is a difference of opinion between the club and the league which is fundamental to good management ,so it could be down to the Courts to interpret for both sides

Why don't we just see what happens, before all the doomongers and bedwetters combust.

Sure we will defend it, with competent lawyers. Not as if the EFL are the most competent bunch is it.

Think this is the last hurrah for the EFL, they are are as a governing body becoming irrelevant and so out of touch with how football has evolved in to a business. 

Probably a case they can't afford to lose but dormant mean they won't.

I for one think it is time DV and all the other likeminded chairman got together and banged on the PL's door and started PL2.

The EFL needs a radical reform and needs to look at why it thinks we need 72 professional clubs trying to scratch a living.

So let's back the club and DC as think some on here would just like to see us fail so they can say "told you,

The real issue is the EFL and trying to fight against the changing face of football as a business and scared of losing their power.

So neg away if you want. I dont have blind faith in DC but think we need to support the club in this contest with the EFL.

So neg away.

13 minutes ago, gizowl said:

This is where a kick in the balls comes into place, the timing of implementing the punishment. If the point deduction won't make us suffer sufficiently this season they'll delay it till next season so our season will be fu..ed before its started . Lobbers.

The punishment will definitely be tailored as per where we are in April

Two possibilities:

1 Ten - Twenty points above relegation places and Middlesbrough are still struggling. Wednesday will be parachuted into the relegation zone. 

2 Wednesday are in the top six. 10 points deduction will be deferred to ruin next season also, if in probability we don't go up. 

In scenario one I could imagine the league even going up to 20 points to drop us in their. They are going to make an example for sure, and they have already shown they are willing to draw blood with Bolton, Bury and Birmingham. They may even need to expel a second club from the league to even things up with Bury being expelled already. Anything could happen in the World of Wednesday. Even promotion to the Premier League followed by relegation ten years later and a deferred expulsion from the football league. Look at what they did to Glasgow Rangers in Scotland. It can happen. 

Making a decision in April is a farce, but there again. We could have avoided all this by holding up our hands and submitting true and fair accounts, which reflected the fact the club / new owner had been taken to the cleaners by unscrupulous agents and mercenaries masquerading as Championship quality players. We're also not going to be allowed to stand by the valuation of Hillsborough at £60m. It's not happening based on stadium sale values at West Ham and Reading. It's clearly not an arm's length sale value. 

The one saving grace is Gary Monk has been through this all before at Birmingham. 

Good Old Wednesday. 

10 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

May have already been said, but looking at those figures a lot more clubs will be struggling in next 12 months against FFP. Just shows that the current rules are not sustainable long term. There has been no real term increases of the 39 million taking into account massive increase in transfer fees and wages. More and more club chairman/ Owners will be trying to find ways round the current rules and more like us will get charged with misconduct or breaking the rules.

In cold light of day, if we have broke the rules then we deserve punishment, but DC and other owners would not have to find ways round if the FFP was fit for purpose.

If a owner has personal wealth and is willing to invest up front on transfers he should be allowed to spend what he wants. The fit and proper rules should also determine whether the owners have enough money to invest without putting the future of the club at risk.

FFP should apply more to clubs who dont have wealthy owners and rely on generating income to sustain the club.

Just my opinion.

The article in the Bristol paper was also telling. Shows just how unsustainable the p and s rule is. EFL are just trying to cling on to control, they must know that PL2 is coming and will lose the big clubs.

EFL will then be left with small number of full time clubs and a number going part time. No way the country need 72 full time professional clubs.

2 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Why don't we just see what happens, before all the doomongers and bedwetters combust.

Sure we will defend it, with competent lawyers. Not as if the EFL are the most competent bunch is it.

Think this is the last hurrah for the EFL, they are are as a governing body becoming irrelevant and so out of touch with how football has evolved in to a business. 

I for one think it is time DV and all the other likeminded chairman got together and banged on the PL's door and started PL2.

The EFL needs a radical reform and needs to look at why it thinks we need 72 professional clubs trying to scratch a living.

So let's back the club and DC as think some on here would just like to see us fail so they can say "told you,

The real issue is the EFL and trying to fight against the changing face of football as a business and scared of losing their power.

So neg away if you want. I dont have blind faith in DC but think we need to support the club in this contest with the EFL.

So neg away.

I agree, we have to back the club and the players this season especially, but Hillsborough is not worth £60m at an arm's length sales value. 

They will make an example of us, but we will come back stronger for it. 

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

The punishment will definitely be tailored as per where we are in April

Two possibilities:

1 Ten - Twenty points above relegation places and Middlesbrough are still struggling. Wednesday will be parachuted into the relegation zone. 

2 Wednesday are in the top six. 10 points deduction will be deferred to ruin next season also, if in probability we don't go up. 

In scenario one I could imagine the league even going up to 20 points to drop us in their. They are going to make an example for sure, and they have already shown they are willing to draw blood with Bolton, Bury and Birmingham. They may even need to expel a second club from the league to even things up with Bury being expelled already. Anything could happen in the World of Wednesday. Even promotion to the Premier League followed by relegation ten years later and a deferred expulsion from the football league. Look at what they did to Glasgow Rangers in Scotland. It can happen. 

Making a decision in April is a farce, but there again. We could have avoided all this by holding up our hands and submitting true and fair accounts, which reflected the fact the club / new owner had been taken to the cleaners by unscrupulous agents and mercenaries masquerading as Championship quality players. We're also not going to be allowed to stand by the valuation of Hillsborough at £60m. It's not happening based on stadium sale values at West Ham and Reading. It's clearly not an arm's length sale value. 

The one saving grace is Gary Monk has been through this all before at Birmingham. 

Good Old Wednesday. 

Have you given up on fighting this? No doubt the EFL will shaft us if they can but let's wait and see, decent lawyers might tie this up for years or win

I thought I'd let the dust settle a bit (and ignore the pathetic posts) before I commented about this serious? situation we seem to find ourselves in.

My personal point of view is, DC threw the kitchen sink at it under the Carlos reign and if we HAD turned up at Wembley and played too our true potential we would'nt have this thread and situation that we have (No $h1t Sherlock).

After that passed us by and 3 managers later (Inc Bullen), we find ourselves on a collision course to possible disaster, now in all honesty I really do believe that DC has SWFC at heart and I think he has genuinely tried to do his best for us in  his own way, the trouble is he hasn't got a clue about running a Football club and whoever his advisor's are (If Anyone) need to crawl under the same rock that Dominic Cummins lives.

I don't have any answers just like everybody else in this thread, lets hope the club's solicitors are $h1t hot and can pull us out of this ever growing hole we find ourselves in if not a 21 point deduction could be the best we can hope for, I'm not a paranoid person but the trouble with SAG and SYP and now the EFL is very worrying, it'll be the WWF next saying we're being cruel to Owls.

Ride the waves, it's the Wednesday way.

I’m grateful for Mr C’s contribution. 

That is all and I’m not getting involved in knocking him. 

Might have gove awry on occasions but I still sense he wants to achieve success at the club.

Now what was it I used to say, oh yeah.........

Money + quality players + a good manager + patience = success

And the EFL finding another scapegoat would help too.

13 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

So neg away.

Think maybe your biggest issue is that you think theres a competition between fans to say 'I told you so'. 

2 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Have you given up on fighting this? No doubt the EFL will shaft us if they can but let's wait and see, decent lawyers might tie this up for years or win

We'll fight it, but as I see it we've been wronged, and we're doing wrong to wriggle out of the situation we're in. 

The real issue the EPL and FA should be looking at are the role of the agents in creating this mess. 

This is what the BBC has to say about our chances of defending the case:

"The one final issue is the valuation of the stadium itself. Given that Reading sold their stadium for £27m and West Ham sold theirs for £40m, it does seem unusual for Sheffield Wednesday's stadium to be sold for £60m. The geographical location would suggest that it's not in a property area which is significantly higher than London or the home counties.

Wednesday will have to simply provide evidence that the transaction was undertaken at arm's length, at market prices, with a report by a surveyor and also evidence that the transaction had gone through - in the form perhaps of stamp duty being paid at the initial date of the transaction."

I doubt Mr C paid the stamp duty, before calculating the required value nearly two years later to "fix" the accounts. There's creative accountancy, and then there is taking the p1ss. I know what I see, even with Blue and White glasses on. 

The team needs to continue to get points on the board until Judgement is served, and then we fight the next battle we're presented with.