EFL Statement

13 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

The article in the Bristol paper was also telling. Shows just how unsustainable the p and s rule is. EFL are just trying to cling on to control, they must know that PL2 is coming and will lose the big clubs.

EFL will then be left with small number of full time clubs and a number going part time. No way the country need 72 full time professional clubs.

Agree so now is the time to take the EFL on

For how many years will we keep excusing the mistakes by saying DC gambled and his hearts in the right place ? 5 ? 10 ?

How many embargos ? Will a big points deduction be excused with the same ?

How many more years will we keep ripping fans off with ticket prices ?

I don't want DC to go, but he has to change his approach and now.

12 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’m grateful for Mr C’s contribution. 

That is all and I’m not getting involved in knocking him. 

Might have gove awry on occasions but I still sense he wants to achieve success at the club.

Now what was it I used to say, oh yeah.........

Money + quality players + a good manager + patience = success

And the EFL finding another scapegoat would help too.

This

That's how to criticise,not throw underhanded,uncalled for potentially litigious comments about him.

19 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

The punishment will definitely be tailored as per where we are in April

Two possibilities:

1 Ten - Twenty points above relegation places and Middlesbrough are still struggling. Wednesday will be parachuted into the relegation zone. 

2 Wednesday are in the top six. 10 points deduction will be deferred to ruin next season also, if in probability we don't go up. 

In scenario one I could imagine the league even going up to 20 points to drop us in their. They are going to make an example for sure, and they have already shown they are willing to draw blood with Bolton, Bury and Birmingham. They may even need to expel a second club from the league to even things up with Bury being expelled already. Anything could happen in the World of Wednesday. Even promotion to the Premier League followed by relegation ten years later and a deferred expulsion from the football league. Look at what they did to Glasgow Rangers in Scotland. It can happen. 

Making a decision in April is a farce, but there again. We could have avoided all this by holding up our hands and submitting true and fair accounts, which reflected the fact the club / new owner had been taken to the cleaners by unscrupulous agents and mercenaries masquerading as Championship quality players. We're also not going to be allowed to stand by the valuation of Hillsborough at £60m. It's not happening based on stadium sale values at West Ham and Reading. It's clearly not an arm's length sale value. 

The one saving grace is Gary Monk has been through this all before at Birmingham. 

Good Old Wednesday. 

The HUGE difference is that those clubs were either skint, going through boardroom turmoil, not paying the taxman and/or players or all 3, we most definitely are not like those clubs, that’s my real issue of this, we are not being asset stripped, not insolvent, not breaking the law. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

For how many years will we keep excusing the mistakes by saying DC gambled and his hearts in the right place ? 5 ? 10 ?

How many embargos ? Will a big points deduction be excused with the same ?

How many more years will we keep ripping fans off with ticket prices ?

I don't want DC to go, but he has to change his approach and now.

Stubborn but a good man at heart, who won’t give up on us. 

My assessment Kev.

We need to dig in and adopt the world against us approach, you can knock us, but you won’t keep us down. Millwall on steroids type of thing.

As I said above. Feck em all. Do your worst, then let us get on with it.

• Like 1

Just now, theowlsman said:

Stubborn but a good man at heart, who won’t give up on us. 

My assessment Kev.

We need to dig in and adopt the world against us approach, you can knock us, but you won’t keep us down. Millwall on steroids type of thing.

As I said above. Feck em all. Do your worst, then let us get on with it.

He could save himself and us a lot of pain if he took advice, and had a better plan.

Is that too much to ask ?

• Like 1

I wonder why we just didn't post the accounts on time, showed the loses which breached P&S and took the points deduction last season.

We could have then sold the ground in 2018 for the next accounts and started afresh, with a new 3-year plan.

DC has played Icarus on this and risked whatever strategy he had.

18 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Why don't we just see what happens, before all the doomongers and bedwetters combust.

Sure we will defend it, with competent lawyers. Not as if the EFL are the most competent bunch is it.

Think this is the last hurrah for the EFL, they are are as a governing body becoming irrelevant and so out of touch with how football has evolved in to a business. 

Probably a case they can't afford to lose but dormant mean they won't.

I for one think it is time DV and all the other likeminded chairman got together and banged on the PL's door and started PL2.

The EFL needs a radical reform and needs to look at why it thinks we need 72 professional clubs trying to scratch a living.

So let's back the club and DC as think some on here would just like to see us fail so they can say "told you,

The real issue is the EFL and trying to fight against the changing face of football as a business and scared of losing their power.

So neg away if you want. I dont have blind faith in DC but think we need to support the club in this contest with the EFL.

So neg away.

The owner isn’t the club and us debating the issues on here will have no impact on how this affair plays out.  We are simply offering our ultimately pointless opinions on something that’s out of our control and we don’t have the full facts on. That’s the nature of football forums. 

We support him in that we turn up to Hillsborough - if you’re one of the lucky ones that can afford it. 

Hopefully all is well and we crack on. If he’s fizzed up royally then he deserves to be criticised- regardless of his intentions.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Animis said:

I wonder why we just didn't post the accounts on time, showed the loses which breached P&S and took the points deduction last season.

We could have then sold the ground in 2018 for the next accounts and started afresh, with a new 3-year plan.

DC has played Icarus on this and risked whatever strategy he had.

I'm guessing he thought Bruce could squeeze us in the playoffs. Unlikely, but there was a time it looked possible before falling away at the end. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

I'm guessing he thought Bruce could squeeze us in the playoffs. Unlikely, but there was a time it looked possible before falling away at the end. 

And if he had done and managed to get us promoted , it would all have been forgotten about in the premier league ? 

what a sport we all follow

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

You maybe right, but all this seems like last throw of the dice stuff.

Whatever the outcome of this, we really do need to have a clear plan moving forward. When you step back and you think we've had to flog our ground; which although ridiculed and persecuted by the authorities/media, is still our ground; with all the memories and great moments it's given us. It's gone - and the cost is now loaded onto DC's future sale price, which with other debts makes us almost unsellable in this league.

5 minutes ago, shez owl said:

The HUGE difference is that those clubs were either skint, going through boardroom turmoil, not paying the taxman and/or players or all 3, we most definitely are not like those clubs, that’s my real issue of this, we are not being asset stripped, not insolvent, not breaking the law. 

We are breaking the law though. There are accounting standards, which state that transactions like the stadium sale should be dealt with at a true and fair arm's length value. These aren't EFL rules, they apply to all businesses.

The club will come unstuck for this reason. We're bending over backwards to comply with EFL rules and seem to have completely disregarded accounting standards.

That said the club is clearly a going concern as Mr C is still bank rolling the operation at all cost.

I can't see why they can't get this sorted next week in all honesty. It's an open and shut case for me. We're in the wrong unless Mr C has the independent valuation and the stamp duty records paid in that financial year, which unless he has a time machine I'd been surprised he has. 

I can't fault him for trying, but I think he's been badly advised again. 

Why don’t the EFL concentrate on putting regulations in place to stop blokes buying clubs for a quid to watch said club die a slow death ??   Why don’t they put things in place to help clubs like Bolton ? Or will a further points deduction do that ? 

Or is all that outside of there interest parameters when they can chuck huge fines and points deductions at clubs with chairman who CAN invest and dare to get close to the premier league ?

If the EFL take Chansiri to the cleaners and he packs it up and goes back home (highly likely)  how will that look on the EFL ?  Regulations in place to PROTECT a club who could potentially then lose an owner with the finance and willing to fund the black hole at Hillsborough , what’s gonna happen then ? A club in financial turmoil that could easily be another Bolton /Bury 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If the EFL take Chansiri to the cleaners and he packs it up and goes back home (highly likely)  how will that look on the EFL ?  Regulations in place to PROTECT a club who could potentially then lose an owner with the finance and willing to fund the black hole at Hillsborough , what’s gonna happen then ? A club in financial turmoil that could easily be another Bolton /Bury 

And if that is a real possibility that’s exactly why people who have backed Chansiri unconditionally have been naive. Dave Richards was a hero once. 

7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And if that is a real possibility that’s exactly why people who have backed Chansiri unconditionally have been naive. Dave Richards was a hero once. 

Find me one person who’s backed him ‘unconditionally’.   You can argue all day long about money been spent in wrong places, but find someone else who’s got the finance and willing to do what Chansiri does here ?  If the EFL send a huge fine who’s pocket is it gonna come out of ? 

Too many fans still think the extra money on ticket prices funds this club, and yes I’m more than feckin aware the tickets are expensive bore off , but reality is Chansiri funds this club 100% and I wanna know how these regulations the EFL impose are protecting the club ? When it’s likely we will lose our beneficiary through it 

11 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

Here in the USA, and Wednesday does have quite a following here, we don't understand the concept of P & S.  Who cares how much money a Team loses?  If the Owner want's to keep losing money, he (or she) is free to do so.  As far as spending money goes, we have a thing called "salary cap", everybody gets to spend the same amount of money on Players, which prevents the scenario wherein one Owner can simply buy all of the good Players.  Let's say the "cap" is $100,000,000,  this means the Team can spend $100,000,000, they can sign, 5 Players at $20,000,000 per season, or one Player at $100,000,000 for one season, and so on.  Nobody cares whether or not the Team makes money, it's up to the Owner to decide about P & S, and billionaires, if they like something, don't care how much it costs to maintain, while it generates zero income, for instance 300' yachts, their own personal Boeing 757, grand estates in 10 different Nations.  This is Chansiri, he doesn't care about the money, he LIKES Wednesday.  His biggest mistake was in not realizing that he can't spend according to his ability to spend.

I like the mechanical structure of English Football, a Tier 4 Club can, and probably has, risen to the 1st tier, I do not like the financial structure of English Football.  In any case, I will continue to support SWFC, no matter the Tier in which we play.  Can't be any worse than the 1970's.  Call me a "happy clapper" or whatever, I call myself a Fan, for better or worse.  See you next Season, in whatever Tier.

That's a much fairer way.