EFL Statement

1 hour ago, horny owl said:

If we get away with just a slap on the wrist it’ll completely ruin Chris Wilders team talks. 

This could be the start of the wobble for our porky neighbours.

This is the most ridiculous post on this thread. So you reckon his teams talks revolve round Wednesday just before he plays Liverpool, Spurs etc ?  

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

So forget all the stuff from Maguire etc?

What this comes down to is when the exchange of contracts was done and how that applies (or doesn't) to the 2017/2018 accounts. 

The honest answer is those party to the evidence are a fairly restricted group of people.

If there was a binding contract for sale on or before the 31st July 2018 then it may be sufficient to recognise as an accounting transaction. 

The other stuff in the public domain is peripheral information, the above is the key document and we will not get to see that evidence. Well we might if it goes to court I guess !

Above all the possibles and probables and what happens, happens .The main thing is our fantastic fanbase stick together ,good times will return. WAWAW.

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I think Maguire knows all this but this won't get clickbait or appearances on the local media. 

But he fits in well there because they have managed to get a gig speaking about football with sod all knowledge 

Agree. But it's really sad football has come to this, just get annoyed from a professional point of view that he was on a national radio station yeater spouting this which is casting doubt on integrity of the audited accounts.

Think EFL will be classing the accounting period extension as an issue aswell, do they have anything in FFP submission rules to prevent this? 

Can't blame them in a way as they are under pressure to do something about this issue and there are quite a few debatable issues around how we have done this that leaves us as the easiest target.  

We are a

43 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Cheers. I get that, but I said fair to ‘consider’ not ‘assume’ so I wondered if there would be any other method / process for it to be back dated. How does the buying company not even existing at that point effect the need for a contract to have exchanged?

Contract between swfc ltd and DC, Agreement is for DC to purchase through a company he is to set up?

Think it's more case of a catalogue of decisions made to circumvent the FFP rules that EFL are unhappy with, every one in isolation may be valid but combined they see it as misconduct

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, vulva said:

Blaming the EFL is ridiculous. The rules of the league are quite clear, agreed, signed off and the vast majority of clubs stick to them. 

Do people actually think we will have communicated in a clear fashion with the EFL on this? I know full well where my money would be. 

I wouldn’t trust DC to understand the rules of pass the parcel never mind any EFL financial regulations 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

34 minutes ago, torres said:

I wouldn’t trust DC to understand the rules of pass the parcel never mind any EFL financial regulations 

He would just refuse to pass said parcel and enter into protracted negotiations, namely he wants seven parcels in return. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Birmingham didn't get the maximum points deduction , if the 60 million isn't allowed to buy the  ground as for one it wasn't sold until this year not 2017/18 im no lawyer legal eagle so maybe someone in that line can get us off . but im sure the league are trying to make a club pay a heavy penalty and if they can make out and prove that chansiri has done something very wrong then im sure they will give us the maximum points deduction for going well over the 39 million and a serious misconduct charge on top that could be extra points ,fine ,embargos . like I said the league want to make someone pay as an example , could have been derby,birmingham,reading but it seems they see us as the prize . I hope this all goes away but I think that would be a miracle . the job now has to get as many points as possible as I don't know what kind of place the club would be in league 1 with massive debts and an embargo. 

it would be time to rebuild in the correct manner as should have been done in the first place..

20 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

Give us our punishment now,    instead of waiting to mid April 

This is where a kick in the balls comes into place, the timing of implementing the punishment. If the point deduction won't make us suffer sufficiently this season they'll delay it till next season so our season will be fu..ed before its started . Lobbers.

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He would just refuse to pass said parcel and enter into protracted negotiations, namely he wants seven parcels in return. 

He would charge everyone £40 to play or £119 upfront if you want 3 games 

£3k if you want bronze wrapping paper - you get free games when you play top level pass the parcel 

Then sign a pass the parcel player who used to be good 5 years ago in a mid table pass the parcel league for £10m even though we have far too many pass the parcel players as it is 

• Haha 1