Thursday Monk

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

It’s not at the level I’d expect it to be at. But that’s to be expected

Is Colemanballs still going?

My faves

Martin Buchan has just pisssed a fatness test.

Leighton James is having his 53rd krap for Wales.

Edited by Holmowl

Comments on January worry me. Heard an interview with the director of football at Norwich recently. He was the guy at Huddersfield that brought in Wagner, and all the loans they made. Said at Norwich they plan three windows in advance and have four to six targets in every postion to monitor. !.

Edited by roaminowl

I thought he said Lees would be back after the international break.

Regarding transfer targets. I reckon /hope he's being economical with the truth. They should know how much money we have/ or don't have, they should know who they want to move out and they should know who they want to bring in.

If they haven't already had words with a few Premiership teams to see what is available they are way behind the curve.

I've no objection to him telling a few porkies, don't upset the players, get them all playing for their place in the team/new contracts. He also doesn't want to tip other teams to who our targets might be .

I just hope and pray that they have a plan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Comments on January worry me. Heard an interview with the director of football at Norwich recently. He was the guy at Huddersfield that brought in Wagner, and all the loans they made. Said at Norwich they plan three windows in advance and have four to six targets in every postion to monitor. !.

Playing it down that all 

7 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

How did they identify and fail to sign Rhodes then.

17 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Doom- January transfers?
I’ve not really thought about it. January come, I’ll deal with it then. You can’t predict that. Preliminary chats , a few ideas. But it’s not in any great detail, focus , names or positions.

Hmmm...

(Love the rest of it, top stuff)

I'm sure Monk & Chansiri have their thoughts about January, but neither is going to declare to the World, what their thoughts & intentions are, because that would be stupid.  Why announce on social media, the inner workings of  SWFC?  Social media, and Dom will know, when January rolls around, after the contracts are signed, because social media doesn't matter, this is football, not computer talk.  

There's a reason why we still have (?) those recruitment guys. It cannot have taken Monk long to see what we need, he's probably known it before he even arrived. It's good to keep the players on their toes. You can support them when needed but no need to be their best friend.