Penalty?

10 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

The stoke player had a huge handful of Bannans shirt before Bazza touched him if anything a foul to us 

He may have but there was no need for him to make the challenge ball was going away from goal. Stupid and pen all day long. If it was other way around we would be seething 

6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

He may have but there was no need for him to make the challenge ball was going away from goal. Stupid and pen all day long. If it was other way around we would be seething 

So you agree that the first offence was a shirt pull by Allen but still think they should have got a pen?

30 minutes ago, timeforaboycott said:

After many awful refereeing decisions against us in the last few weeks, am I the only one who thought Bannon was lucky not to give a penalty

away when he pulled Allen down?   Perhaps the start of things evening themselves out a bit.

Nailed on from where I was sat. Has Lady Luck finally found her way to S6?

Not sure on that incident from where I sit in the North.

Got me wondering if the Stoke manager’s histrionics on the touch line influence the ref against his team.

Thought the ref was a bit better all round than the incompetents we’ve had lately though.

Didn’t stop the game for every bit of physical contact, wasn’t conned by some of the play acting. 
Did stop the game for several clashes of heads. Don’t think he got any major decision wrong

Applied the newer rules correctly for restarting games, offsides, substitutions etc.

If that sounds like praise I should just add. 
He achieved the standards expected at this level, no more, no less.

1 hour ago, timeforaboycott said:

After many awful refereeing decisions against us in the last few weeks, am I the only one who thought Bannon was lucky not to give a penalty

away when he pulled Allen down?   Perhaps the start of things evening themselves out a bit.

Allen was looking for it. He went down like he had been shot . it was six of one and half a dozen of the other. Two players battling for the ball , nothing more than that .

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, WayneTheOwl said:

pretty sure he was fouled first. 

I didn’t notice that myself but if true then I’ll change from ‘definitely a penalty ‘ to ‘brilliant decision!’:ghoulguy:

A competent ref for a change.... not just because he gave Bannan the benefit of the doubt, he kept his cards in his pocket for most of the match and waved play on when players threw themselves to the ground.

By the way, I don’t know why refs don’t book Hutch in the tunnel before the match starts just to save time.

Regarding the "penalty shout" on Fletcher, I was 100% convinced that this was a pen at the and that the Stoke player played through him and took him out.  Watching back from behind the goal angle it looked like a good sliding tackle taking the ball cleanly.  I was also incensed that Harris put the ball over the bar, watching the same replay I am not sure if it was not the defender that put it over, need to see it again. But just proves different perspective and angles give different views, the ref only has the one.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

I havent seen seen it back, but my first instinct was Allen fouled Bannan to get in front of him, and as Bannan tried to regain balance caught Allen who flung himself over. 

Not a penalty for me. Should've been a free kick to us. Happy to correct myself once I've seen it back though. 

Some refs would have given it this one didn't.......to me it looked like 2 players coming together .if it happened in there area I'd  have been shouting for one but I wouldnt have  been berating the ref for not giving it  unlike the stone waller at hull.

Never a penalty in my view.  It’s an aspect of the modern game that I really don’t like, this view that any contact = foul.  Far too many players now are looking to initiate contact before falling to the floor, which makes referee’s job so difficult.  Pleased to see Andrew Madley didn’t fall for it, thought he had an excellent game.

• Thanks 1