Penalty?

Penalties have never been given for every infringement in the box and this was 6 of one and half a dozen of other. Allen clearly was looking for it and his going to ground like he did di nothing to help his cause. it is one of those if you are an away side you are unlikely to get and the fact he had fouled Wednesday player first meant even if VAR was in operation it would not have been given.

Bannan in his attempt to get the ball looked out of controla and can see why some thought it may be a penalty.

16 hours ago, timeforaboycott said:

After many awful refereeing decisions against us in the last few weeks, am I the only one who thought Bannon was lucky not to give a penalty

away when he pulled Allen down?   Perhaps the start of things evening themselves out a bit.

We don't get many decisions

I said to my son last night, that it was a dead cert penalty, and usually it would have been given

It makes you think someone has had a word in the ref's hear, and said we owe Wednesday one

I thought the ref was pretty good last night, some referee's would have booked Hutchinson first half.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

18 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

It was a stone Waller. Stupid from Bannan. I’m sure him and Hutchinson we’re having a competition tonight as to who could give away the most stupid foul in a dangerous position. 

We were very lucky.

I thought Allen slowed own so bannan tangled legs with him. Thought the ref did well not to give it as it was gamesmanship, all be it very clever. Like getting someone to run into the back of you driving. 

10 hours ago, scilly owl said:

A competent ref for a change.... not just because he gave Bannan the benefit of the doubt, he kept his cards in his pocket for most of the match and waved play on when players threw themselves to the ground.

By the way, I don’t know why refs don’t book Hutch in the tunnel before the match starts just to save time.

I agree. Book Hutch and Bannan in the tunnel and send FF of just in case he comes on as sub.lol

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, timeforaboycott said:

After many awful refereeing decisions against us in the last few weeks, am I the only one who thought Bannon was lucky not to give a penalty

away when he pulled Allen down?   Perhaps the start of things evening themselves out a bit.

was a pen..but we move on...

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Defintely not a penalty as he was ragging Bannan all over before any contact plain as day excellent decision by the Ref

Completely disagree. I’ve watched it back and it’s definitely a penalty, but I’m more than happy it wasn’t given!

22 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Bannan should have just cleared his lines seconds before that incident.

Something he is often guilty of and was a couple of times last night again. When we’re under the kosh just clear the ball up field. Bannan often tries to keep the ball and loses possession around the edge of the box.  He’s my favourite player but sometimes think he needs to stop trying to be so good and keep it simple 

• Thanks 1