2 minutes ago, prowl said:

It's been suggested that he didn't get a proper preseason so he might not be totally fit. It could be they are getting him fit and giving him the last few minutes . With the Rotherham match this week they should put him on from the start and let him play until he starts blowing. There's not much risk. it's a nothing game and we will probably play the B team anyway. If he gets plenty of minutes under his belt he might be ready to get more time in league games.

He does look like a player.

Makes sense to me.

37 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

For who though ?

Lee? 

Bannan?

Hutchinson?

Serious question.

I'd try him instead og Hutch first. Hutch is a great player and we improved a lot when Bullen brought him back but he is always too deep. If Luongo replaces him and plays a bit further forward we might have a better shape. If it doesn't work then try him instead of Bannan, another great player on his day but everything has to go through him and like on Saturday if he's marked out of the game we don't play. Let's see if the other midfielders will step up if Bannan is rested for a few games.

What we have done in the last 4 years hasn't got us promoted. Other teams know we are one dimensional and once they work us out they nullify us, We need to keep changing what we do so they can't know what we will do next.

59 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Lee is the only one of the three who gives us attacking threat from midfield. Bannan and Hutch are both happy to sit in front of our centre halves.  

Louongo can fill that attacking role + put in a tackle further forward.

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Well based on Saturday none of them are good enough.

Neither were the other 8 starters. Yet that midfield 3 were geniuses a fortnight ago. 

I'd be rotating Luongo with them from now on though rather than keeping him in the bench every game. 

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Lee is the only one of the three who gives us attacking threat from midfield. Bannan and Hutch are both happy to sit in front of our centre halves.  

Don't think Lee has returned to his previous high standards; doesn't seem to make those runs into the box(That might be down to our style of play). Luongo has looked impressive going forward and that's why I would swap him for Lee. But it's all about opinions and there's pros and cons on both sides for either replacing BB or Lee

Guest LittleG
6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Made one virtually from kick off on Saturday and won us a corner.

Didn't see the Preston match; I can only base my opinions on the matches I've seen.