10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Let's not forget, he didn't really have a proper pre-season and he's only been here a couple of weeks. Last thing we want to do is put our £1m man in too quick only for him to do his hamstring and be out until after the international break.

Didn't realise this. Has he been injured?

6 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Didn't realise this. Has he been injured?

If I recall correctly he was omitted from QPR training camp. Think they knew he wanted out and as last year in contract they thought it best to cash in and reinvest. So he was probably slightly sidelined because of that.

EDIT: Without question it's time he starts IMO

Edited by StudentOwl

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Got to start for me - if we’re worried about his fitness we can take him off after 60/70 minutes. After a good start our midfield is starting to get worked out again, we need to offer a different look.

We still have the same midfield three that we had in the play off final three yeats ago.

11 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

If I recall correctly he was omitted from QPR training camp. Think they knew he wanted out and as last year in contract they thought it best to cash in and reinvest. So he was probably slightly sidelined because of that.

EDIT: Without question it's time he starts IMO

They were trying to force him into signing a new contract on much less money, in line with their budget being reshaped to recover from excessive spending of previous seasons. 

55 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’ve been calling for him to start from game 1 by the way.

He’s combative and scores goals.

Looking like another signing we’ve brought in where we ask “Why did we buy him if we’re not going to use him?”

It's been suggested that he didn't get a proper preseason so he might not be totally fit. It could be they are getting him fit and giving him the last few minutes . With the Rotherham match this week they should put him on from the start and let him play until he starts blowing. There's not much risk. it's a nothing game and we will probably play the B team anyway. If he gets plenty of minutes under his belt he might be ready to get more time in league games.

He does look like a player.