6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

One of Bannan or Lee has to make way imo. 

We need some energy and drive in that midfield and Luongo looks like the type who might bring that. 

Hutch sits too deep and spoils our shape, Try Luongo instead for a couple of games to give Hutch a rest and see if the shape improves. Bannan drops too deep to collect the ball, if he's on the pitch everything has to go through him, if he has a bad day or the opposition mark him out of the game we are clueless so try Luongo and see if the other midfielders step up.

We've had the same 3 midfielders for 4 years and failed to get promotion so we need to try something else. I'd like us to try the above options then we can mix things up and stop being predictable. If they don't work we've at least tried to experiment.

22 minutes ago, SiJ said:

One of Bannan or Lee has to make way imo. 

We need some energy and drive in that midfield and Luongo looks like the type who might bring that. 

Why not Hutch?

Luongo played CDM for QPR and of the 3 I put Bannan and Lee ahead of Hutch in ability and reliability.

26 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

We need to ease bannan out of this side sorry to say it but imo we need to move on

The player that every manager, oppo fan forum and tv commentator pick out as our MoM 75% of games?

Why ease him out?

Guest wilyfox

Would like to start seeing more game time for Luongo. Like him as a player, and he looks pretty sharp when he comes on. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Why not Hutch?

Luongo played CDM for QPR and of the 3 I put Bannan and Lee ahead of Hutch in ability and reliability.

Something needs to change. 

Midfield on Saturday were so static it was embarrassing. 

All are talented players, but they failed miserably to impose themselves in that game. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Something needs to change. 

Midfield on Saturday were so static it was embarrassing. 

All are talented players, but they failed miserably to impose themselves in that game. 

I agree.

But why Lee or Bannan? Why not Hutch?

We are playing QPR. Do we really need an out and out CDM at home to QPR, at the expense of our passer or our runner?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I agree.

But why Lee or Bannan? Why not Hutch?

We are playing QPR. Do we really need an out and out CDM at home to QPR, at the expense of our passer or our runner?

Perhaps not. 

Part of the issue is we had Barry Alonso on Saturday. 

Drops too deep and starts trying to ping the ball everywhere. 

If we are going to play a three then he needs to be getting further up the pitch. Make things happen. 

24 minutes ago, prowl said:

Hutch sits too deep and spoils our shape, Try Luongo instead for a couple of games to give Hutch a rest and see if the shape improves. Bannan drops too deep to collect the ball, if he's on the pitch everything has to go through him, if he has a bad day or the opposition mark him out of the game we are clueless so try Luongo and see if the other midfielders step up.

We've had the same 3 midfielders for 4 years and failed to get promotion so we need to try something else. I'd like us to try the above options then we can mix things up and stop being predictable. If they don't work we've at least tried to experiment.

Got to agree with this, Hutchinson far too deep on Saturday, unless he is going to play like the second half against Luton he shouldn't be playing

On 26/08/2019 at 08:53, theowlsman said:

I’ve been calling for him to start from game 1 by the way.

He’s combative and scores goals.

Looking like another signing we’ve brought in where we ask “Why did we buy him if we’re not going to use him?”

He hadn't had a proper pre season and just moved clubs, so no doubt we're easing him in gently and allowing the lad to get up to full fitness and get an understanding with his new team mates I presume. 

From what I've seen so far looks strong and a good engine, so may be able to cover for both Lee or hutch. 

On 26/08/2019 at 16:56, LittleG said:

For Lee

Against Toytown I'd play:

Dawson

Iorfa        Proclaimers      Thorn     Fox

Joey

FF        Luongo       Bannan  

Rhodes    Nuhuiuiu

Think he’s going to be our best signing this year and considering the start Borner and Harris have had that’s a pretty good signing 

he’s been unlucky because the teams been winning but he’s nailed on to start against toy town 

and then hopefully keep his place against his old club 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian joicey said:

hutch is effectively a 3rd centre back (always has been) .as such makes our midfield one short. if we're gonna play him then play 3 at the back (with wing backs) and enforce the middle of the park further up the field .3-5-2 

I like it..... It should be this at all home games at least...

Edited by owls-swfc